Hello everyone :)

• Thread starter Frankish infidel
  • Start date
F

Frankish infidel

Yes it's a silly nickname but seeing as I am of Frankish decent (i'm Dutch) and am not a Muslim it fitted i guess. :)
I have seen many links made by Muslims towards this website and thought to come check it out.
I'm sadly not used to Muslims being very open minded or willing to debate, sadly they tend to be intolerant and easy to anger.
I bet 99% of you Muslims do not have non-Muslims friends so this forum offers us a opportunity to debate things which you otherwise might never hear about.
It's good to exchange our views is it not?
Do you have active policies for the crime of "insulting" Muhammed?
Or how do you deal with other opinions about the man then seeing him as a perfect example or some saint or whatever?

Especially if done so by a non-Muslim like me?
Do you cut off there virtual heads or do you allow people to have a different opinion?

I bet 99% of you Muslims do not have non-Muslims friends so this forum offers us a opportunity to debate things which you otherwise might never hear about.
It's good to exchange our views is it not?

Hi
I think your question must go in the other way too i.e. toward non-muslims?

Anyway, For your question this is an answer from the Quran :

"Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice."
Surah N°60 The Examined One (al-Mumtahanah) verse n°8

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Wow, this is your approach? Not exactly politically correct/tactful.

So you're wondering if Muslims are open-minded - haha, well concidering who we have in our ranks and the huge numbers who revert daily, I'd suggest that you'll find lots of open-minded people from an almost endless variety of backgrounds/cultures.

Are we open minded about drinking alcohol, doing drugs, having casual/premarital sex, insulting religions (our's or others who are "of the scripture"), murder, and a few other such activities? Well, there are laws in Islam that not only apply on Sundays but to our day to day lives that teach us to avoid many things - Perhaps you concider this close-minded. We concider this using common sense and obeying God. Science backs us up 9 times out of 10, and I'll guess that the 1 time science disagrees with Muslim policy it's due to some prejudice/misinformation.

As for your bet that 99% of us can't/won't debate - we'll have to refuse that offer as Muslims don't gamble, either. Common sense, again. As for non-muslims friends, personally (after coming from being a devout Christian for 15 years) I have plenty of friends/aquaintances who aren't Muslim, though truthfully I'm pulling away from those who have a life-style that I now see as unhealthy, unproductive, and unGodly.

As for some "policy" regarding those who insult our religion/prophets (moses, abraham, jesus, mohammad) - I can't say we have such a thing. Like in every group of people there will be extremists who will choose to do/say one thing or the other, but my personal policy would be first to try to educate you / clear up misconceptions, then internally dismiss you if that failed, then ignore you if you continued being rude, and finally to just walk away and leave you with your bitter hatred. It matters not if you're a Muslim or otherwise - a human being is a human being.

Having personal opinions and the freedom of choice is a wonderful blessing. We welcome people to gain as much knowledge as possible about all aspects of this life/reality, and opinions (as long as they're respectful) aren't discouraged either. As for cutting off a person's head, it's my understanding that this form of judgement is only reserved for the most extreme of situations (it's the Law in Saudi for murderers, for example - only 30 such cases have existed since the late 70s as a result - murder is very rare there) and likely gets misused by emotional extremists more often than not. I'm not sure of the specifics of beheading in Islam as that's really not a major aspect of our lifestyle/teachings whatsoever; perhaps one of the other brothers or sisters knows those details.

You're welcome to search through our database to try to find pieces/places to debate us against, and I hope you will find us treating you with full respects. Welcome to the TurnToIslam.com community - I hope your stay with us is pleasant for all.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello Frankish infidel, no its not a silly name. You chose it well for yourself.

Unjust violence and oppression is totally forbidden in Islam.

Please see the following:
Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.

Im suprised by the way you wrote your post, because it just shows how you accuse Muslims of being close-minded yet, in reality your writing not just looks intolerant but, actually reaks of ignorance. It focuses on one crime and ignores much larger crimes happening daily.

What is the purpose of joining this site, if you start off with saying statemens like>>>>

"I bet 99% of you.. do not have non-Muslim friends ".

Most the people here on this site are American and European. A large part of this community are from Non-Muslim families. People who have accepted Islam as their religion. People whose hearts and minds are clear from confusion and who understand their life..... and our purpose on this world.

AND you say " Do you cut off there virtual heads or do you allow people to have a different opinion?"

What opinion did the 200,000 people in Iraq have? the women and children who had their heads torn off by shrapnel? The parents who witnessed their children crushed to death?
You're dutch.......
What opinion did the Muslim women and children who were massacred by the Christian Serbs whilst your cowardly Dutch soldiers allowed them to be killed.

What about the Africans who were persecuted by the Dutch colonialists.

What is your purpose here anyway?

You are judging over 1 billion people for the action of a very very few in WAR ZONES, places like Iraq and Afghanistan.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2190

To be honest, im growing tired of people who talk about things they have no knowledge about. I guess i have to be patient. We all do.

How much are you to blame for not taking any effort in finding out about the causes of terrorism or the situation in various counries which is never reported on the media?

Why is it that Muslims get angry?

For sure, any violent protests are uncalled for. But, I think it all stems to the fact when the State terrorists keep killing Muslims and nobody does anything about it. When hundreds of thousands of people die, and the racist media just make things worst by blaming Muslims for getting angry...... blaming Islam for terrorism.

Unfortunately there are millions of examples of oppression committed by the enemies of Islam against Muslims around the world.

As Robert Fisk Said in his article, Bush fights for another clean shot in his war

"n a deeply moving account of Russian cruelty in Chechnya, it recounted a Russian army raid on an unprotected Muslim village. Russian soldiers broke into a civilian home and shot all inside. One of the victims was a Chechen girl. As she lay dying of her wounds, a Russian soldier began to rape her. "Hurry up Kolya," his friend shouted, "while she's still warm."

Now, I have a question. If you or I was that girl's husband or lover or brother or father, would we not be prepared to take hostages in a Moscow theatre? Even if this meant – as it did – that, asphyxiated by Russian gas, we would be executed with a bullet in the head, as the Chechen women hostage-takers were? But no matter. The "war on terror" means that Kolya and the boys will be back in action soon, courtesy of Messrs Putin, Bush and Blair."

1/4 of the Chechen people have been wiped off the face of this world by Russia. The US and UK say nothing regarding the human rights abuses happening there. They are silent. - They do nothing when Lebanese and Palestinian women and children are bombed..... when land is stolen in the name of Judaism. ..... now imagine the history to this, the history of colonialism and all it entailed.

Dont you come back here complaining about Muslims being angry... or with your petty uneducated and superficial comments.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Ok, i have seen some of your posts,

You are abusive, arrogant and you are not sincere at all,

why should you be given any space to write uneducated and totally false claims about Islam and Islamic history.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:
wow. bro mabsoot, very good reply.
I couldn't have said it better.
:wasalam:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
I tried; but Mabsoot knows his stuff and Allah's truths too well. ;-)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope he enjoys his "modern secular society" in Holland with its legal drug-use policy, its legal prostitution policy, its proud alcohol/tobacco history - and all of the other bits and pieces that makes it such a unique place in this world - Alhamdulilah. ;-)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Hes been deleted and his other posts deleted.

I really dont have time to deal with this on our website here.

A sincere person who understands that we are all humans, and has true empathy is one thing, someone who has already made up their mind and is simply not willing to accept these issues is another.

If you go on the internet... the vast majority of extremists, prejudiced people are not Muslims, they are typically Americans, Europeans and Israelis. Angry at all Muslims and they think justified to be abusive against Muslims because of a few terrorist incidents. They can blame 1 billion Muslims for the action of a few.

So, if they think all Muslims are so evil because of 1-2 extremist people they see on TV. Why does it suprise anyone, when some Muslims protest angrily?? After 100,000s of Muslims have been killled the world over.... thats the real terrorism. Its when they freely give weapons to the worst and most racist states in the world.

You will see some Muslims who talk bad, but they are a real minority compared to the Muslim haters, those who are always calling for Muslim countries and cities to be "Nuked". Its ironic, they say Muslims are evil... then they say lets nuke them all! etc etc.

----True Muslims are the kindest, most accepting people you will ever find. We do not judge, we really love this world, not from a "material" viewpoint, but from spiritual. We know that Allah made this world and all in it. Man, woman, child, animal, plantlife... everything.

We know, as Muslims that EVERY human being is ONE. We are all the "Son of Adam". No matter what our problems may be, we can never let our prejudices cloud our judgements. An American, an African, an Arab... a Jew... this means nothing to us. Islam teaches that what is in the heart that matters.

This is the truth of the matter. And when people have contact with true Muslims, when people study Islam from the REAL Sources and with correct undersanding, they will realise this. ----

Islam is therefore seen as a threat by many who know its truth, but who value this "material world" much more.

Solemn_G

Sad

It's sad to see people attack Islam so viciously and for no reason.

They think I don't "hang out" with non-Mulisms. I spent most of my life hanging out with non-Muslims and I not until I truly made some Muslim friends did I find true friendship, true brotherhood. I live in Canada and grew up around Hindus, Christians, Jews, and every other type of religious group and I showed no arrogance or hatred towards anyone. Humans are humans and in no way do I or anyone else have the have the right to judge others, but it turns out for people like this topic maker this does not apply.

They know nothing about Islam and they think they have an opinion about it. It's like an illiterate man saying that he can write and read; without the knowledge you can't do anything. And if they choose to deny it even afterwards, then may Allah(swt) help them for they are truly lost.

May this website remain clean and an informative resource for those with sense.

Meryam

thank you brother Mabsoot...I agree with you and you did the right thing.

Sorry and please forgive me, but what a silly idea that we don´t have "non-muslim" friends...I spent my whole life with "non-muslim" people, my mother is a Christian, my father is Protestant, my colleagues at the office are all "non-muslim"...should I repudiate them???

I do not hate people, I never did...I think I have no right to...my parents (ALLAH swt may bless them) didn´t educate me to become a racist...

May ALLAH swt will bring him on the right path one day inschallah...

By the way, if we have non-muslim people from Germany here who are interested in Islam...today Tuesday Oct 3rd we have a national bank holiday here and the most mosques have "open day". Everybody who is interested in Islam or want to ask something, see how a mosque looks inside...is very welcome to go to a mosque which is located in his hometown. This is a great opportunity to find out more about Islam and to talk to people who may be can give you answers to your questions...so come in and find out. If you go to www.islam.de you can find the address of all german mosques wich offer an "open day" today.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

Good riddance,that useless piece of junk has been removed.:biggrin: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

:ma: good answers were given!:)

Imad

Assalamoalaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh,

May Allah bless you brother mabsoot and other muslim brothers ans sisters. And to frankish Infidfel "Moge Allah je leiden naar het rechte pad " Is Dutch which means : " May Allah lead you to the right path"

I love you my brothers ans sisters.

Fi amanillah.

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Imad