Hello everyone!

BlueFish

Hello to everyone,
:SMILY149: My name is Jon Fisher. I am 25. I am american, grew up in the mid-west (majority of my life in Missouri). Now i live in Florida, i made the move on my own a little more than 3 years ago to study computer animation at an academy in tampa. I will hopefully graduate this year.
I was raised with christian values. My parents took me and my sister to several different churches. We moved around alot. I was babtised in a small christian church. Any other religion that i knew of when i was young were in books that i read and i beleived them to be in far away worlds i may never see. Quite the contrary to what i realise today.:SMILY286:
There was a project that i did on the history of islamic art and architecture, which captured my atention as an artist, and became one of my interests. This is where my interest in Islam began. This was maybe a couple of years ago. Overtime i read more in the news about the bad name that Islam recieved in connection w/911 and terrorism. I also read a biogrphical book about Captain Richard Burton, which gave signifcant information about the religion of the middle east. I finally had to see what the Quran had to say, to find out truth so to speak. :cool: I started getting defensive at first when i saw what it had to say about christians,:eek: but there were alot of other things i found so true. So i did not let this hold me back from reading more. I usualy try to keep an open mind. I found so much guidence from the Quran. Lately i am finding many connection with versus from the Bible. This was good news to me. :SMILY33:
I found some frustration though, it seems that Islam is everything that i wanted christianity to be. Only because i always thought that God should always recieve all praise, for he is the creator of all. :salah: So now i consider myself a beleiver of God and i want to praise and worship the one who loved enough to give me a chance at life. But what do i call myself, i almost feel caught in the middle.:SMILY176: I am thankful to find this website, this is a great site.
I found it looking for instructions on how to pray. I will end my introduction of myself , I think i have wrote enough for now. :SMILY71: Please if you have any suggestions or questions dont hesitate to tell or ask. Thank You!:wavyarms:
PEACE.:SMILY84: :SMILY61: :SMILY84:

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
Welcome Jon!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also make sure to check out the videos on the website.

If you believe that Islam is the true religion then you should take your shahada fast. We never know when we will die and you can learn your salaat after you have taken shahada. We are all here to learn our religon ISLAM
take care brother

Noor to shine

sincere faith

You are most welcome Fisher......Islam is a call from our creator to all humanity to be united by sincere faith in Allah(the creator of all) and all his prophets (Jesus and Mohammad peace be upon them are the final ones) ...., all the revealed books , all the angels and to have in the day of judgment when all humans will be brought for account. :SMILY23:

BlueFish

Welcome Jon!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also make sure to check out the videos on the website.

If you believe that Islam is the true religion then you should take your shahada fast. We never know when we will die and you can learn your salaat after you have taken shahada. We are all here to learn our religon ISLAM
take care brother
Thank you for the warm reply. I have found information about shahada. My question is, when i take shahada, do i need a witness like an imam or do i need to go to mosque? Or is this a case between me and God-(Allah) alone?

Love my islam

welcome to this site
InshaAllah this site will help answer questions you may have. Since you already have quraan and you are reading it with open mind, you ca'nt go wrong. Keep reading it.
it seems that Islam is everything that i wanted christianity to be
I have heard this statement from many former christians who are reverts now or christians who are looking into islam.

Keep looking for answers and may God guide you to the truth. Ameen.

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

You can say the shahada alone, cuz its between you and God. All you have to say is

ASH-HADU ALLA ILAHA ILLALLAHU WA-ASH-HADU AN-NA MUHAMMADAN 'ABDUHU-WA-RASULUH

""I bear witness that there is no deity (none truely to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (PBUH) is the messenger of Allah"

This simple declaration of faith is required of all those who accept Islam as their chosen way of life. The significance of this testimony is the belief that the only purpose of life is to serve and obey God; and this is achieved through following the example of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

BlueFish

Very helpful advice, thanks again! Anything i can offer to help anyone with, i will do mybest to provide. I am learning alot, not only from this site, but also from many different sources in order to find truth.

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Hello to everyone,
:SMILY149: My name is Jon Fisher. I am 25. I am american, grew up in the mid-west (majority of my life in Missouri). Now i live in Florida, i made the move on my own a little more than 3 years ago to study computer animation at an academy in tampa. I will hopefully graduate this year.
I was raised with christian values. My parents took me and my sister to several different churches. We moved around alot. I was babtised in a small christian church. Any other religion that i knew of when i was young were in books that i read and i beleived them to be in far away worlds i may never see. Quite the contrary to what i realise today.:SMILY286:
There was a project that i did on the history of islamic art and architecture, which captured my atention as an artist, and became one of my interests. This is where my interest in Islam began. This was maybe a couple of years ago. Overtime i read more in the news about the bad name that Islam recieved in connection w/911 and terrorism. I also read a biogrphical book about Captain Richard Burton, which gave signifcant information about the religion of the middle east. I finally had to see what the Quran had to say, to find out truth so to speak. :cool: I started getting defensive at first when i saw what it had to say about christians,:eek: but there were alot of other things i found so true. So i did not let this hold me back from reading more. I usualy try to keep an open mind. I found so much guidence from the Quran. Lately i am finding many connection with versus from the Bible. This was good news to me. :SMILY33:
I found some frustration though, it seems that Islam is everything that i wanted christianity to be. Only because i always thought that God should always recieve all praise, for he is the creator of all. :salah: So now i consider myself a beleiver of God and i want to praise and worship the one who loved enough to give me a chance at life. But what do i call myself, i almost feel caught in the middle.:SMILY176: I am thankful to find this website, this is a great site.
I found it looking for instructions on how to pray. I will end my introduction of myself , I think i have wrote enough for now. :SMILY71: Please if you have any suggestions or questions dont hesitate to tell or ask. Thank You!:wavyarms:
PEACE.:SMILY84: :SMILY61: :SMILY84:

Welcome Jon and may this site broaden your knowledge. It is the most up to date Islamic website where you obtain diverse Muslim opinions, questions, comments, answers from all over the world!

The bond of faith is much stronger than the bond of blood. When a person becomes a Muslim they enter the community of Muslims, regardless of their race or background. A feeling of love and harmony abides between people who sincerely seek to practice Islam according to the Qu'ran and Sunnah. Such people are in a race to do good and be those with whom Allah is pleased.

The Shahada can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity (none truely to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah",

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but rather, he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. The recitation of the actual Shahadah is not a requirement for conversion to Islam. Even if a person merely expresses his faith in Allah and His Rasul (S.A.W) he is declared a Muslim. Rasulullah (S.A.W)asked a slave woman once, ‘Where is Allah?’ She replied, ‘Up there.’ He then asked, ‘Who am I?’ She replied, ‘The Prophet of Allah.’ Rasulullah (S.A.W) declared her a Muslim. This clearly shows that the recitation of the actual Shahadah is not a requirement for conversion but it is merely PREFERABLE and better if you recite in front of a group of people (i.e. the masjid) and receive warm welcomes from everyone. After all Islam is about brotherhood and you will meet new brothers. If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life, he will find himself a new born person.

This will move him to strive more and more to improve his character and draw nearer to perfection. The light of the living faith will fill his heart until he becomes the embodiment of that faith.

What would be next after declaring oneself a Muslim? One should then know the real concept underlying this testimony which means the Oneness of Allah and meet its requirements. One must behave accordingly, applying this true faith to every thing one speaks or does.

What do the words of the "Shahada" signify? The significant point which every Muslim must know very well is the truth that there is no God (deity) to be worshipped other than Allah. He - glory be to Him - is the only true God, Who alone deserves to be worshipped, since He is the Giver of life and Sustainer and Nourisher of mankind and all creation with His unlimited bounties. Man must worship Allah, Who alone is worthy of worship.

The second part of the Shahada (i.e., Wa ash-hadu anna Mohammadan rasul-Allah) means that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is the servant and chosen messenger of Allah. No one must have two opinions about this matter. In fact the Muslim has to obey the commands of the Prophet (PBUH), to believe him in what he has said, to practice his teachings, to avoid what he has forbidden, and to worship Allah alone according to the message revealed to him, for all the teachings of the Prophet were in fact revelations and inspirations conveyed to him by Allah.

What is the meaning of worship? It simply means rendering sincere service, showing reverence for Allah. In a deeper shade of meaning, it implies total submission and complete obedience to Allah's commandments both in utterances and actions of man whether explicit or implicit.

Worship fall into two categories:

Visible (manifest or outward)
Invisible (concealed or inward)
Visible worship includes acts such as uttering the two parts of the "Shahada", performing prayers, giving Zakah (the poor-due), recitation of the Holy Qur'an, supplication, adoring Allah by praising Him, purifying our bodies before prayers, etc.
This type of worship is associated with movement of the parts of the human body.

Invisible worship is to believe in Allah, in the Day of Judgement (in the Hereafter), in the Angels, in the Books of Allah, in the Prophets of Allah, in the Divine Decree of destiny (that good and bad are determined by Allah alone).

This type of worship does not involve movement of parts of the body but it surely has bearing on one's heart which subsequently affects one's way of life.

It should be borne in mind that any worship not dedicated to Allah alone will be rejected as one form of polytheism and this causes apostasy from the Islamic fold.

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is to purify himself by taking a complete bath. He should then resolve to comply with the principles and rules of Islam in their entirety. He should disown all forms of polytheism and false beliefs. He should reject evil and be righteous. Such rejection of evil and being righteous is one of the equisites of the motto of Islam - that is, Laa Ilaha Illallah.

Allah states in the Holy Qur'an:

"... whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks..." (Qur'an 2:256).

We have to consider that when we declare from our heart that "there is no god (deity) worthy to be worshipped but Allah", it implies on our part love, devotion, faith and obedience to the rules of Islamic legislations which are legally binding on all Muslims. It is a requirement of "there is no god worthy to be worshipped but Allah" to love for the sake of Allah and to reject for the sake of Allah.

This is the firmest anchor of belief which materialise the meaning of "AL WALA" and "AL BARA". It means that a Muslim should love and be loyal to his Muslim brothers. He should, as a practice, dissociate himself completely from the unbelievers and refuse to be influenced by them, both in worldly and religious matters.

We conclude with a humble prayer to Allah that may He cleanse the hearts and souls of those who are genuine seekers of truth and may He bless the community of believers. Aameen.

Love my islam

I am learning alot, not only from this site, but also from many different sources in order to find truth.

If your other sources includes other websites, than please be carefull as not all sites provide correct information. They may mislead you instead. Make sure they qoute quraan and authentic prophet's teachings(prophet Mohammad peace be upon him).
May God take care of you. Ameen.

BlueFish

If your other sources includes other websites, than please be carefull as not all sites provide correct information. They may mislead you instead. Make sure they qoute quraan and authentic prophet's teachings(prophet Mohammad peace be upon him).
May God take care of you. Ameen.
Very wise indeed. Yes i am quite cautious when it comes to the information that i find. I like to back up sources so that i am not fooled. But when it comes to quoting the quran, i have my own with english translation to help.
I complement you for your watching out for me, and thank you!
Peace!

abou haytam

salam

salam brother ( you are my brother if you say shahada and you mean it)

i live in canada and i have friend living in florida (Orlando). my freind know some americain guys reverts to islam. they were christian lik you. maybe it will be helpful to you to know them and discusse with them. to practice islam need a community and it`s easy when you are with other people.

let me know if you live in orlando and if you are intested to meet revert guys there.

salamo alikom

boupj

I was a practicing and believing christian befor eturning to Islam. Sometimes I still feel upset when people insult christianity, but I know am a Muslim and I follow the teachings of Jesus (pbuh) who made it very clear that Allah is greater than him, "You ahve heard me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the father,' for My Father is graeter than I." (John 14:28) and "I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and MY judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent me." (John 5: 30). That is only two exampple of many verses in the BIble where Jesus makes it clear that his will is not the same as God's will, so if they are three in one how they have different will, Jesus even asked God to spare him from the cross. But being a former Christian old habits die hard, I even remember befor I learnt how to do Salaat I would just pray to Allah and ask him to guide me and help me learn, and a few times I even almost said "In the name of Jesus" which was just somethign I was so used to doing and it was really embarassing but then I realised that it's just a developped reflex and I would ask Allah to forgive me and now I never even think of saying "In the name of Jesus" during prayer.

Right before converting I would even go to my best friends church and ask her preacher about ceratin verses in the Bible because if he could explain them then I thought maybe I wouldn't become a Muslim, but the truth was Islam gave me a peace and love for Allah that Christianity couldn't give me. In Christianity I always felt inadequate, like I wasn't a good Christian or like my sins would still haunt me and I would pray evry night for Jesus to enter my heart and for God to forgive my sins I would pray over and pver for forgiveness for the same sins, but I always felt guilty, which was funny because as a born again Christian you're supposedly guaranteed heaven, but I wondered why don't I feel like the rest of these people? Why don't I feel like a Christian?

As a Muslim I now know that everything I do is a learning experience and my past mistakes are in the past, I am a Muslim now and instead of focusing on my past I need to focus on Allah, first and foremost and increasing my knowledge of Islam so that I can be a better Muslim. My sins are not magically washed away but if they are forgiven it is by the mercy of Allah, and I will be accountable fo my actions but insha'Allah Allah will have mercy upon me.

I'm sorry if this was too long but I understand the difficulties and confliction Christians face upon discovering the truth of Islam and if one person reads this and feels like they can relate, then Alhamdulillah. Everything good I wrote is from Allah, anything bad is from me. Insha'Allah this will help my Christian/former-Christian brothers and sisters in knwoing that they are not the only ones with these feelings.

boupj

Thank you for the warm reply. I have found information about shahada. My question is, when i take shahada, do i need a witness like an imam or do i need to go to mosque? Or is this a case between me and God-(Allah) alone?

Asalaamu Alaikum
I took my shahada on this website in a forum, and it is between you and Allah but it's still nice to do it in front of your fellow Muslims if you get a chance. I'm really shy so before my shahada I only knew Muslims through this site, and I haven't said shahada in front of anyone live yet, insha'allah I will do it soon, even though it's not obligatory.

Noor to shine

the most important lesson

I think that the most important lesson prophet Mohammad :saw2: taught to humanity (and I am sure all the prophets of Allah did in their times) is how to turn to their creator with sincerity.....I think Islam (Quran and Sunna) washes hearts from it`s impurities by La Ellah ella Allah (No God but Allah) ......Satan through ages spoted hearts of people by shirk i.e making partners to Allah ....Islam is meant to correct and to turn hearts of the creatures to their creator with sincerity and purity.

2:186 When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.
Quran

Love my islam

:salam2:
As a Muslim I now know that everything I do is a learning experience and my past mistakes are in the past, I am a Muslim now and instead of focusing on my past I need to focus on Allah, first and foremost and increasing my knowledge of Islam so that I can be a better Muslim. My sins are not magically washed away but if they are forgiven it is by the mercy of Allah, and I will be accountable fo my actions but insha'Allah Allah will have mercy upon me.

Well said. May Allah forgive all our sins. Ameen.

Tahar

Assalamou Alaikom (Islamic greetings) Jon Fisher. Welcome to Islam, brother. Praise be to Allah for guiding you to the straight path of truth and success in this life and the hereafter. Islam, inshaa Allah (God willing,) will change your entire life for the better.

There is a wealth of information about Islam. Just don't feel overwhelmed; It should be a lifetime endeavor even for the born Muslim. Learn at your own pace.

This is a good website to start with, so if you need help in your journey, this entire community is here for you. We are here to learn from each other and help each other. Again, welcome to Islam brother.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace and Blessings be upon You

Peace and Blessings be upon You

welcome brother ...... its really nice to have u here and that u have found the truth ...... so dont wait any longer and say yr shahadah .... its absolutely between u and Allah and i think u already have accepted that inside...... i pray to Allah that he makes yr journey to Islam a blessing for u and the whole of the Muslim Ummah or i must say to the whole humanity ...... may Allah reward u and make u true muslim
i leave u in the care of Allah
Ma'ssalaam !