Hello everyone

Asalamu Alaikum dear Brothers & Sisters,

I start by praying to Allah that He may bestow the serenity and tranquility upon your hearts and souls.

My name is Muhammad and I was born a Muslim, but not quite so, like some people I turned Atheist at a point of my life and remained so for a long period of time, but alhamdulilah as it seems God hasn't let me be even though I've gone so much astray to great extents. All praise to Allah, the eternal, the one and only God.

I hope we always share that which is Good and Beneficial, that which pleases our Lord and Creator.

Herein is what I like to think as an introduction "gift", a recitation from Qur'an which I found myself lately listening to it regularly, definitely my favorite sound of recitation.

With Best of Regards,

Last edited:

cabdixakim

wa'aleykumas-salaam brother,may Allah take our souls all muslims in the state of being muslims....aamiin
brother,could you tell us(offcousrse Allah guided you) being an Atheist what of Islam took your attention most? in otherwords give us a hint of how to convince an Atheist accept Islam...no one should have that experience more than you do...O Allah guide us all to your straightened path in this strange era..aamiin

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Wa alaikum asalaam dear brother

Welcome to the site, and welcome back to faith. May Allah swt continue to guide you to the straight path. Alhamdulillah

wa'aleykumas-salaam brother,may Allah take our souls all muslims in the state of being muslims....aamiin
brother,could you tell us(offcousrse Allah guided you) being an Atheist what of Islam took your attention most? in otherwords give us a hint of how to convince an Atheist accept Islam...no one should have that experience more than you do...O Allah guide us all to your straightened path in this strange era..aamiin

Amen brother :), it is a strange era indeed. But probably people through out history have always thought their era to be strange too. Only when we return to Allah we shall not feel strange no more.

I'll try to answer your question and to do so fairly, we should first remember that every single person has unique experience in life, that experience which shapes the state of mind and thus, determines what they believe in and how they carry on in accordance to that belief. The problem with the atheists is in a way a bit complex, they lack sincere objectivity but at the same time they claim to be absolutely objective because I think they somehow convince themselves of possessing explicit knowledge rather than belief, falling into a narrow trap, the delusion of expressing their subjective beliefs in a manner that seems objective and factual.

They of course differ from each other in many opinions, you can observe that if you for example try to ask a number of atheists why don't they believe in a God, you will most probably get different answers but almost all of them in one way or another agree on the ultimate source of existence to be unknown, which to them eliminates any hint for ultimate purpose of life, leaving them even careless about whether God exists or not. So alternatively they find themselves driven mostly by their different desires and inclinations to make a sort of a meaning to their lives.

For me, I believe the main reason why I became an atheist was due to what I thought it to be the ugly side of religion because I lived in a closed society that claims to be the most righteous under the shade of God but what I saw and experienced was mostly disturbing to me at young age. Basically a form of extremism has forced me to bounce to the far opposite end of that, which I later found it to be just another form of extremism. So like most atheists, I found ways to rationalize my belief in no God, whether through scientific or historical "facts", basically I took refuge in what I thought it to be the available knowledge from authentic sources that shaped the logic of extinguishing any possibility of the existence of intelligent deity, through which I found satisfaction in my life to a certain extent that sufficed my intellectual state and most of my materialistic needs.

So my circumstances may differ from those of others but basically we agreed that God doesn't exist. For an atheist to start considering otherwise, he must at least take an agnostic stand by submitting to the basic fact that order can not come from disorder and we as human beings have never witnessed anything originated from nothing, the laws of cause and effect are firm enough to stabilize that idea. By examining what's around us we find complex entities in this universe that are in someway brilliantly co-existing and that can not be by any chance an effect of mere chance and being able to explain the details "scientifically" does not negate the fact that there must be a powerful source to all of this, and this source must also be infinitely intelligent to originate from it the humble intelligence of it's products, i.e. living beings, and on top of them mankind, whose knowledge is so far limited.

Once that is realized, one can not help but acknowledge the existence of an all powerful, all capable, all intelligent, and infinite being that is the ultimate source of literally everything, a God with identity. But does it mean that this God has communicated directly with his creation in anyway? if not, then it would suggest that He does not care about his creation, which is contradictory given the fact that he must be intelligent and not caring is simply an insult to his intelligence, such mistake a seeker for truth can not afford to make. He must be known to someone.

Here the question arise, which God known to man is he then? searching for a straight forward answer can only be found in a sacred text, a scripture that's compelling and free from errors, an understandable message that's leveling with us humans, challenging man to think and not to blindly believe, a moral guidance for mankind that agrees with the instincts we are born with. In it we must find the ultimate motive for every single person to become the best to himself, his fellow human beings, and to his environment. In it we must find the perfect balance between the physical and the spiritual. In it the purpose of life is explained.

And so I searched for it, I read and I read, and I read. Only to my surprise the answers and more were found in the most read book in the world, the book I was handed when I was only a little boy, the one I once obliviously believed in but then abandoned and arrogantly claimed it to be the myth of the ancient.

Qur'an, the only logical sacred scripture, free from absurdities, proven unaltered since it was first put into writing, reviwed by the very close companions of prophet Muhammad. On top of that, most beautiful way of story telling, and modern scientific facts intelligently scattered through out it's verses. The only book worthy to be called the book of God.

I apologize if the answer seemed vague or a bit intimate to me, that's the best I could explain, I'm no expert! I'm still young and oblivious :D. Nevertheless, I hope benefit you may find in this :).

May Allah bless you and all Muslims, and guide those who deserve to be guided.

Last edited: