Hello from England

searching soul

I've recently become friends with a Muslim and thought I should learn more about this aspect of him. Soon I became interested in Islam and taken by its culture beyond merely aiding my relationships. For example I'm seriously considering going teetotal because of the issues Islam has opened up to me. There are lots of very informative websites online, but I am also keen to get a more personal and subjective insights, as I've never known a Muslim well before. I've already learned a lot from browsing this forum. It seems like a lovely friendly place and I look forward to talking with you all. I do apologise in advance if I offend anyone in the process - that would be due to ignorance or poor articulation, not underlying disrespect for your faith. In fact, Islam has made me question my own beliefs more than any other I've learned about. Please don't hesitate to point out any such mistakes I might make. :)

Rachel

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hello Rachel,

Don't worry, we are all here to learn and we all make mistakes. I hope you feel welcome here and get all the information you need. I am glad you have an open mind and I hope you all the best...

Samiha

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Rachel,

Welcome to our forum, I'm sure you have a lot to ask and will get to know many people here.
We hope to be only informative on our forum, and that is our main goal insha'Allah (God willing), to try and inform muslims to know more about Islam as well as non-muslims.

Everyone of us makes mistakes, though only those deliberate ones are not welcome and you understand that as well.
We respect and honour our guests, be those of other religions or with no religion.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and I'm sure you'll learn more about Islam from here.

If you can't find anything you think you're interested an don't find the answers from browsing through..just give us a shout, and we'll try to assist if we can:).

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have. I have found the people here are wonderful and very knowledgable or willing to give their personal opinion. There are also some wonderful resources to be had here as well for further knowledge.

AishaR

Hi Rachel & welcome to the site

There is lots of useful information here for you but feel free to ask any questions. You may also want to join the sisters section, where you can ask more personal questions that only sisters can see & answer for you.

Good luck with your quest

:wasalam:

searching soul

Thank you all very much for the welcomes. I do have some questions I'd like to ask. I'll just check they've not already been covered first.

duran

Welcome to TTI..

:arabi1:

Welcome welcome

I hope you find good sister who teach you the beauty of Islam:)

There are more sisters than brothers here..lol

and as the sister said,,,in Sisters section is great place to start...also you can put your question in general sections....feel free to browse everywhere...This is your place...take off your shoes and welcome..::arabi1:

Muslim-

I've recently become friends with a Muslim and thought I should learn more about this aspect of him. Soon I became interested in Islam and taken by its culture beyond merely aiding my relationships. For example I'm seriously considering going teetotal because of the issues Islam has opened up to me. There are lots of very informative websites online, but I am also keen to get a more personal and subjective insights, as I've never known a Muslim well before. I've already learned a lot from browsing this forum. It seems like a lovely friendly place and I look forward to talking with you all. I do apologise in advance if I offend anyone in the process - that would be due to ignorance or poor articulation, not underlying disrespect for your faith. In fact, Islam has made me question my own beliefs more than any other I've learned about. Please don't hesitate to point out any such mistakes I might make. :)

Rachel

Welcome Rachel! It's a pleasure having you here on the forum. Hope you benefit from it. And feel free to ask anything! It's quite nice that you have decided to learn about your friend's religion, because we should all know things about eachother! so it's a positive step. No need to apologise, i'm sure you wont offend anyone! and your articulation is really good.

Islam is a Faith where it's not blind faith, as i'm sure you've found out. It's based upon proofs, and based on the Quran and life of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

It's just a continuation of the other religions like Judaism and Christianity, but it is the final revelation.

In Islam you're allowed to ask questions, and learn about anything within it. So feel free to ask.

Hope you enjoy it here.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As Salam alaikum (peace be upon you) rachel
Welcome to this great site of Islam where we all learn ....
I hope you soon say these words " As hadu Allah Ilaha Illallah wa as hadu anna muhammadan Ab duhu wa Rasulullah "
I know that you dont understand what does it mean but I want my muslim brothers and sisters to keep their lips tight over this....
Ask any questions, share ideas and try to know what is Islam?
Do not hesitate to know something which you do not know.Ofcourse none of us knows everything.We get to know by sharing and getting closer to Our Creator, who is the source of everything for us, for which our Soul longs through out.
walaikum as salam warahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

ripefig

:SMILY206:

May God Almighty guide you to the straight path. He did not create us (Man & Jinn) except that we worship him. The life of this world is short and full of deception, however, it is also the key to paradise. Our father Adam was thrown out from Paradise because he disobeyed his Lord, and put into this world for a time, to repent and be worthy to enter once more. Many Prophets were sent to the children of Adam for guidance. Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) just to name a few. Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the final Prophet sent with the last book (the Quran) for the guidance of mankind. There is only one version of the Arabic Quran preserved since the time of the last Prophet. The fact that you are on the quest for knowledge is a step in the right direction. Who can ask for anything more:)

Mohammad Toseef

I was born in Wales

Hello Rachel
It is nice to see someone other than the people from my faith interested in Islam. i was born in Wales in the city of Abrestwyth..i dont know whter you have heard of it...i lived there 3 years but i dont remember anything about it and i had been living in Leicester for 1 and a half year...it was nice and i could see different kind of people integrating and trying to understand Muslims and Islam. this made me feel happy.
so i would like you to ask any questions regarding Islam from any of us
We'll try our best to answer them
have a nice time
Bye
Mohammad

Abdul Malik

hi

Hi Rachel and welcome to the forum, we hope to help answer your questions along the way learn ourselves from them.

ALLAH guide us all to the haq.....ameen

shadykan

Salam Rachel and Welcome

I discovered this site just a few days ago, but i can say everybody here is respectful and friendly, you can ask the questions you want, don't be afraid to make mistakes, people won't judge you. You're open-minded and looking for the Truth, and just for that, you earn our respect.

May God help you find what you're looking for INSHALLAH

ps : I have to admit there are a lot of sisters here, maybe more than brothers, but we, bros, are taking over loooooooooool

searching soul

Thank you everyone. :) Mohammad Toseef, I have heard of Abrestwyth, and I recently began learning Welsh because I may go to study in North Wales in a few years.

Mohammad Toseef

i see...that is good that you will go to North Wales. by this way you would meet more people and try to explain Islam through a totally unbiased way and this might remove stereotypical ideas from people's mind.
i hope you succeed in whatever you do
God bless you
Mohammad........PS..i do not know Welsh. i was only 3 when i left Abrestwyth

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Most welcome Rachel!
First I thought there was no need for me to reply because other brothers and sisters welcomed you in the nicest way possible, but then I realised as you are from the same country as I am, I felt obliged to welcome you in particular as my closest neighbour.
It is always nice to communicate with those who are searching for truth because they are the ones who may get closer to the real wisdom and most importantly to the truth which we all need.
I hope you learn something that benefits you.
A muslim brother from UK

can ca

shaz_1999

Salamz

Hiya Rachel

Just want to say that I am so glad that you have made the effort to find out about the religion because I am met so many people who do not know the first thing about the religion and this makes me feel real alieanated in the society in England.