Brothers Hello you all

Raphaêl

Hello everyone I hope to meet new people and share thought about Islam. I wish to convert to Islam. So I started the Ramadan the 10th of july. I am also trying to learn how to pray Salah. I started reciting Salah in english. Is that ok or should I recite it in arab? I also started to follow Imam Rachid Abou Houdeyfa ( https://www.youtube.com/user/alwassat29200?feature=watch ) on youtube and that helped me to feel a lot closer to Allah.
Salam

KnowlegdeSeeker

Asalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah, Peace be upon you!
Glad to know that brother.
Answering to your question as far I know salah is prayed in arabic as al-quran has come in arabic. And prophet
Mohammed sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam said pray as you see me praying.

But I feel very happy about you entering into Islam.
May Allah
subhanahu wa ta`ala ease all your matters.

There is no deity except Allah… “La ilaha ila Allah”

Raphaêl

Asalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah, Peace be upon you!
Glad to know that brother.
Answering to your question as far I know salah is prayed in arabic as al-quran has come in arabic. And prophet Mohammed sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam said pray as you see me praying.

But I feel very happy about you entering into Islam.
May Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala ease all your matters.

There is no deity except Allah… “La ilaha ila Allah”

Thank you for your kind words. I will look for the recitations of Salah in arabic. If you know a ressource where I could find that would be nice of you. May peace from Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala be upon you.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Hello everyone I hope to meet new people and share thought about Islam. I wish to convert to Islam. So I started the Ramadan the 10th of july. I am also trying to learn how to pray Salah. I started reciting Salah in english. Is that ok or should I recite it in arab? I also started to follow Imam Rachid Abou Houdeyfa ( https://www.youtube.com/user/alwassat29200?feature=watch ) on youtube and that helped me to feel a lot closer to Allah.
Salam

Asalaam Alaikkum

Bro if you haven't taken the Shahada yet then your fasting in Ramadan would not be accepted, likewise your prayers won't be accepted.

After you convert In Shaa Allah (God Willing) start off by learning 2 short surahs (chapters) these are situated towards the end of the Holy Qur'an. Most converts learn surat Al Ikhlas (chapter 112) and surat Al Kawther (chapter 108). These will be enough for you to pray. There are so many videos on Youtube in how to pray, perfor wudu (ablution) etc. Prayers are only recited in Arabic. By the way, if you struggle with pronunciations of the Arabic language you will receive a double reward.

If you want to read the Holy Qur'an in English try quran.com it has up to six English translations.

As following a particular sheikh my recommendation would be to try to learn from a few so you get the whole picture of what Islam is all about. I would recommend Mufti Ismail Ibn Musa Menk of Zimbabwe.

You are being guided to the Straight Path that is Islam and I sincerely hope that you take the final step and earn a chance for salvation.

Wasalaam

Raphaêl

Asalaam Alaikkum

Bro if you haven't taken the Shahada yet then your fasting in Ramadan would not be accepted, likewise your prayers won't be accepted.

After you convert In Shaa Allah (God Willing) start off by learning 2 short surahs (chapters) these are situated towards the end of the Holy Qur'an. Most converts learn surat Al Ikhlas (chapter 112) and surat Al Kawther (chapter 108). These will be enough for you to pray. There are so many videos on Youtube in how to pray, perfor wudu (ablution) etc. Prayers are only recited in Arabic. By the way, if you struggle with pronunciations of the Arabic language you will receive a double reward.

If you want to read the Holy Qur'an in English try quran.com it has up to six English translations.

As following a particular sheikh my recommendation would be to try to learn from a few so you get the whole picture of what Islam is all about. I would recommend Mufti Ismail Ibn Musa Menk of Zimbabwe.

You are being guided to the Straight Path that is Islam and I sincerely hope that you take the final step and earn a chance for salvation.

Wasalaam

I did follow some steps before starting to pray such as telling the shahada and by making my intention before Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala.
I also read that about the Shahada that makes it right.
  • Al-ʿIlm (العلم): Knowledge of the meaning of the Shahadah, its negation and affirmation.
  • Al-Yaqīn (اليقين): Certainty – perfect knowledge of it that counteracts suspicion and doubt.
  • Al-Ikhlāṣ (الإخلاص): Sincerity which negates shirk.
  • Aṣ-Ṣidq (الصدق): Truthfulness that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy.
  • Al-Maḥabbah (المحبة): Love of the Shahadah and its meaning, and being happy with it.
  • Al-Inqiyād (الانقياد): Submission to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to God (alone) seeking His pleasure.
  • Al-Qubūl (القبول): Acceptance that contradicts rejection.
And I read somewhere that the vow of Shahada could be made alone before Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala. So is it worth anything? When I pray I feel closer to Him like I never have been before. So maybe it is worth something.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam

Salam alaykum

Don´t worry about language with salah. Allah understands you by every languages.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hello and welcome home brother =)
I pray that God Almighty bless and guide you to the true path .
About using English in the prayers - Salah - . Recitation of Qur'an should be in Arabic during the Salah , if you cannot , then you can say : Subhan Allah , Alhamdulillah , La ilaha illa Allah , Allahu Akbar , La hawla wala qowata illa billah . You can use this way untill u learn some Surah in Arabic .
Think well of your choice and don't hesitate : )
May God ease everything for you .

Raphaêl

Hello and welcome home brother =)
I pray that God Almighty bless and guide you to the true path .
About using English in the prayers - Salah - . Recitation of Qur'an should be in Arabic during the Salah , if you cannot , then you can say : Subhan Allah , Alhamdulillah , La ilaha illa Allah , Allahu Akbar , La hawla wala qowata illa billah . You can use this way untill u learn some Surah in Arabic .
Think well of your choice and don't hesitate : )
May God ease everything for you .

Thanks for giving me these advices but what does it means? I also found a web site that helped me to learn what to say during prayer in arabic. I am reading the Quran for the second time already and I am sure I can learn some Surahs by heart. May peace and blessings be upon you my friend.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Thanks for giving me these advices but what does it means? I also found a web site that helped me to learn what to say during prayer in arabic. I am reading the Quran for the second time already and I am sure I can learn some Surahs by heart. May peace and blessings be upon you my friend.
You're welcome !
The meanings :
Subhan Allah : Glorious is God
Alhamdulillah : Thanks\ Praise to Allah
La ilaha illa Allah : No God but Allah
Allahu Akbar : Allah is the Greatest
La hawla wala qowata illa billah : There is no power nor might except with/ by Allah

You can say them temporarily untill you learn some Surahs . The most important Surah to know is Fatiha , it's very very easy ^_^

muslimg

Salam

Assalamu alaykum (peace be upon you)!
I would like to congratulate you upon taking the most important and meaningful decision of your life by submitting to the will of our Creator and Sustainer, Allah. e
Al-Hamdulillah, All Praise be to Allah, for turning our hearts to the true religion of Islam. Brother taking shada is important and inshallah you will learn to recite in arabic so dont worry :) feel free to ask your questions may allah bless you
wassalam

Raphaêl

You're welcome !
The meanings :
Subhan Allah : Glorious is God
Alhamdulillah : Thanks\ Praise to Allah
La ilaha illa Allah : No God but Allah
Allahu Akbar : Allah is the Greatest
La hawla wala qowata illa billah : There is no power nor might except with/ by Allah

You can say them temporarily untill you learn some Surahs . The most important Surah to know is Fatiha , it's very very easy ^_^

Great, I am happy hearing from you again. I will learn but slowly. So this helps a lot!

Raphaêl

Assalamu alaykum (peace be upon you)!
I would like to congratulate you upon taking the most important and meaningful decision of your life by submitting to the will of our Creator and Sustainer, Allah. e
Al-Hamdulillah, All Praise be to Allah, for turning our hearts to the true religion of Islam. Brother taking shada is important and inshallah you will learn to recite in arabic so dont worry :) feel free to ask your questions may allah bless you
wassalam
I submitted to my creator and I took Shahada. Then everything changed around me, people started asking questions. I feel happy sharing with them about Islam. And I hope to meet new people among the believers.
Salam

muslimg

I submitted to my creator and I took Shahada. Then everything changed around me, people started asking questions. I feel happy sharing with them about Islam. And I hope to meet new people among the believers.
Salam

Thats really a good news :)
inshallah you will find great muslim friends even here :)