Hello

code_red613

Hello My name is Sarah I am 18 And my original Religion is Christianity. I am looking to seek the truth in a religion because I have looked into my religion and alot of it I find contradicts itself. I have been looking into the Religion of Islam because to me it seems real and truthful. I don't know alot but I am really willing to learn to better myself in the Religion and hopefully converting. I am new to this site and looking for help if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi sarah, welcome to the site. Its OK, you can always write a message here and ask any questions. :)

abd_u_llah

Salam wr wb
very warm welcome to you sister,
ask any question you want to ask in here!
we will be happy to share our views with you
wasalam

3assal

code_red613 said:
Hello My name is Sarah I am 18 And my original Religion is Christianity. I am looking to seek the truth in a religion because I have looked into my religion and alot of it I find contradicts itself. I have been looking into the Religion of Islam because to me it seems real and truthful. I don't know alot but I am really willing to learn to better myself in the Religion and hopefully converting. I am new to this site and looking for help if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time

Salam Sarah,

Welcome to this site, hopefully you will find everything you need here:). If you need help with anything feel free to contact the admin, Mabsoot, or mods, Hajar and myself. Allah will guide you to the right path InshAllah.

:salam2:
3assal

code_red613

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome. I am just interested in learning the basics about Islam and I want to find a place to get accurate information where no one has added things or changed things in it. If anyone knows a site or any kind of information I can get from somewhere I would appreciate it thank you all:)

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Hello Sarah..

Welcome, you have come to the right site any questions i would be glad to help you with... My name is Nooriah and i'm from South Africa

code_red613

Where would I go to but a Qu'ran? That will be correct like a book store maybe?

and how would I convert? Like what do I have to do to to that? Thank you:)

Me again :p I have one more question.... About the marriage contract because I have a boyfriend and he is Muslim and when I convert I do not want to be commiting any sins so I would like to learn about the marriage contract between Muslims if someone could help me I would really appreciate it thank you so much for your time :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi there Sarah,

Well you can view it online or buy a copy from any Islamic bookshop. You can also buy online.

The Noble Quran
In the English Language

Rough Translation By
Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali, Ph.D.
Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan

http://www.ummah.net/what-is-islam/quran/neindex.htm

I am not sure of any online islamic stores. But, you can purchase it here: http://www.simplyislam.com/iteminfo.asp?item=1026

And depending which country you are in, im sure you can get a free copy from Regents Park Mosque in London. inshaAllah.

2. Becoming Muslim is simple and easy. All you have to do is make the Shahada, which is to testify that there is no Deity worthy of worship Except Allah and that Muhammad is his Messenger. That is all there is to it. This is the basics of what makes a Muslim. After this you will need to learn to pray, do ablution (wudhu) etc. Which inshaAllah is not a problem to those who believe in Islam and are sincere.

3. Marriage Contract, is something you have before you get married. It is simple and involves whatever you wish for there to be in it.. You and your Wali (a legal guardian, for non Muslims will need to be a respected Imam or another Muslim .) The groom must pay a dowry to you, of a value of your choice.

Having a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is something strictly forbidden in Islam. Your Muslim boyfriend unfortunately is sinning just by keeping in contact with you, even if there is no premarital relationship. There is no such thing as "knowing ones limits" in this. Its not allowed to be alone with someone of the opposite sex.

It is important that he gets married or stops seeing you.

Muslims get married by choosing partners who have similar qualities, there is no basis for a 2-3 year boyfriend/girlfriend relationship before marriage like it happens in many non-Muslim communities. Love is meant to be developed after the marriage itself.

I wrote something about it earlier here in the following link:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214

:) i hope i was helpful. Perhaps i will put some articles up later about this.

bye

cheeg

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
code_red613 said:
Would you reccomened learning alot about the religion before converting or to convert and learn as being a Muslim?

Hi,

Well, if you truly believe that their is one God without ascribing any partners to him... i.e. that he alone is the only one to be worshipped and he alone is the one who can answer our prayers. That Jesus was not the son of God, but a man and a beloved Prophet. That Muhammad :saw: was the last and final Prophet.

Then there is no reason to not become a Muslim. Because those belief are the basis of faith in Islam. You can learn other aspects such as prayer, ablution about fasting etc afterwards. InshaAllah. God Willing.

We are always learning, and as Muslims its important that we seek knowledge whether it be religious knowledge or other worldly knowledge.

Also, its important because we just never know when we will part from this world. Our lives are a gift from God, and so it is important that we repay that gift and not forget our creator. So by being Muslim we get to worship him as he commanded us and hence be upon the true faith.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Take care

Ameer.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
cheeg said:
if u want to read translations of Quran in english, perhaps u might check this site http://quran.al-islam.com/Targama/DispTargam.asp?nType=1&nSora=36&nAya=12&nSeg=1&l=eng&t=eng

or if U wish to listen to quran also u might try this one
http://www.reciter.org/

to brother Mabsoot pls kindly check the address above whether it is ok or not, coz i am all new to this. to sister saarah pls forgive me

convert and then learn...we dont know we will have that much time or not.

Assalamu alaykum sis, no it is fine. What is not accepted is when people just come and try and promote their own websites without even trying to be part of the community here.

Wasalam

Take care.

smikoq

May Allah swt Guide you

code_red613 said:

hi there,
I am glad that you are interesting about Islam. I hope the fallowing link will be helpful, because there are some basic information about Islam(Allah
Muhammad
Qur'an
Sunnah
Pillars)

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/tawheed/

code_red613

thank you to everyone i converted last year and everything has been really good. im still interetsed in learning alot more inshaala I will learn more with the help of others thanks to everyone again :)