Hello!

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
hi sister

think about this , if god want children , why he has only one child ?

take your time , learn about islam , may allah help you

:salam2:

Allah says in the Quran that He invented the cycle of life and death to Test people.
Meaning that people marry and have sex and through this mingling of sperm and egg He brings an another human being to this world to test. And through children the human race continues. If we humans were immortal than do you think we would be having any children? Like in the next life... whether in Hell or Heaven... will the humans have any off springs? No. Why? Because we will have no reason to have children. We will be immortal. So this son and daughter thing is for this world only. And God is immortal, so why he would have children?

See, this is one of the flaws of Christianity that it does not or cannot distinguish between the earthly process from the divine process, and it looks like as if creation is writing for creation not that the creator is writing for creation, because those people who came up with these ideas were humans and without God's guidance this is the best human beings can do. And as Muslim10012 has said why only have one child? Why not have many children? And where is the wife?

And this is apart from the other questions, like why humans were not told about God's son earlier, and no Prophet of God ever believed on a son of God. And this is also a fact that in the Bible there is no statement from Jesus himself that he is God and therefore worship him. On the contrary he himself worshipped God Almighty by falling on his face like we Muslims pray.

And who were John, Luke, Matthew etc? Does anybody know who these guys were? These were anonymous people and their writings were added to Bible in the 2nd century. Go ahead, check it out yourself.

Do you know how a person starts his life? An angel comes and attaches the soul to the fetus in mother's womb. Do you know how a person dies? An angel comes and extracts the soul out of the body and takes the soul away? Now imagine an angel is bringing the soul of All Mighty God and attaching it to the fetus? And then an angel comes and extracts the soul of God Almighty and takes it away.
Wow Sister... These are just mysterious things for humans not for God. Death actually impact us humans because then we leave this earth for good, but for God what is the big deal? Whether on earth or any where else what is the difference? He is ruling anyway? So why god "dying" on earth would be of any significance for him?

Lastly I would ask you to look at the logic of "sacrificial lamb".
God tortures and kills someone who is innocent of that sin to clean the sins of other people who will come in the future, but this sin doesn't belong to those future people either, it is actually belongs to someone else who came much earlier. Go figure!

Allah says that He loves forgiving sins specially when his slaves ask for His forgiveness.
(I don't remember the exact wordings) but in a Hadith Prophet Mohammad says that after Shirk (associating partners to Allah) the thing which anger Allah most is that if you say He cannot do this or that? Like saying he can't forgive someone. Why can't he forgive? He is the creator and He is all-powerful and all-mighty, so He definitely forgives who ever He wants.

:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I just forgot my old account information you can search dianeK or diane_k to see my previous posts. And I stand up whole-heartedly that marriages between a devout Christian and a devout Muslim will not be successful. It will not be blessed. And I am not saying muslims are all bad....what I am saying is that a Muslim man will not have his children exposed to Christian values....he will eventually resent you for not becoming the muslim wife he truly seeks. It will erode the marriage. All the love in the beginning fades to blackness. I am just of the opinion NOW that Christian should marry christians and muslims should marry muslims for the future happiness of both. Like her I loved my inlaws!!!! I just could no longer be subjected to the muslim man I married any longer. And since God has blessed me immensely....my life is better than I could have ever had hoped had I stayed in that prison. I have a wonderful supportive Church now, I talk to God more than ever and I know he has a plan for me. Have a blessed day.

But sister, don't you think that maybe you are incapeable of accepting anything new. Some people are like that and for them any thing new or different is just bad even if it is correct or good for you.

But I agree with you that people need to think hard before marrying a Christian or a Jew because of the issue of children.
:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
It is alright in Islam that a Muslim woman be married to a christian man or Vice Versa.

Just to correct brother. Only Muslim men is allowed to marry women among people of Book. A non-Muslim man cannot marry a Muslim woman.

Even if a woman is forced in any means, it is not permissible in Islam. Please read the following Fatwa.
What is Islam’s attitude towards a Muslim woman who marries a non-Muslim man, because she needed to do that, i.e. she was forced into this marriage?.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a kaafir, and the marriage is not valid.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon[polytheists] till they believe (in Allaah Alone)”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

“O you who believe! When believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them; Allaah knows best as to their Faith, then if you ascertain that they are true believers send them not back to the disbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them”

[al-Mutahanah 60:10].

The fact that she was forced into that does not justify her giving in and surrendering to this marriage. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience to the Creator.”

This marriage is regarded as invalid, and intercourse with him is zina (fornication, adultery). End quote.

Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (3/174).

To sister in Humanity MarriedtoMuslim: I wish all the best in your process of learning. Just open your mind towards Truth, and make it ready to accept when you are known what Truth is. :)

To the sister in Humanity VDiane: I invite you to study Bible and Quran and compare both of them. Even though sadly we can see a lots of contradictions in Bible, we will NEVER be able to see any, in Quran. Just put a little more effort to find the Truth and ask God to guide you to it. Do not prevent any one to seek Truth. Let everyone of us study and do research of his/her own and find what Truth is. Never be a Muslim just because our parents are Muslim, and never be a Christian because our parents are Christians. We have our own minds to think and do research for ourselves. If we do it, inshaAllah (God Willing), we will be able to find the Truth.

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Islam. I do not wish to misrepresent myself, as I am not a Muslim, but my husband is. I spent the summer with his family in Morocco and found the people there to be more warm and genuine than any I have met before. They brought me right into their family, regardless of the fact that I am a Christian and have never expressed a desire to be anything but. Obviously there Islam was all around us and my husband and I had many conversations, from which I enjoyed learning.

I am in the process of learning arabic, really just at the alphabet right now and how to write letters. But I would really like to be able to speak to my mother-in-law and the other family members. Actually I was surprised at how well she and I were able to learn to communicate with one another and I can honestly say that I love her and feel like she loves me like her own daughter so I would love to be able to talk to her more in depth than we can at this time.

I cannot exactly explain it, having been a devout Christian, but I feel something the more I learn. I have said, prior to my marriage, that I would love to be able to convert to Islam so our family would be united in that, but there are things I believe as a Christian that would be difficult to let go of and that I would not be able to take a step like that. Are there others out there reading this who have gone through this? How did you deal with it?

I'm not saying I am necessarily interested in converting, but I am definitely interested in learning more and have so many questions but don't know where to start. I'm here trying to figure that out.

Thank you to anyone who can offer suggestions and I wish everyone a great week!
Hellloooooooooo Sister!!!!!!

First of all Wellcome to TTI......and Islam is not a Religion that forcing everyone to convert to ISLAM. Islam is a true religion sent by GOD and who learn about islam they will find the Truth. Also in Islam there are a lot to learn in Holly book (Noble Quraan) and Practicess of Noble Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) (Sunnah). From these two Muslims and Non Muslims can learn a lot about this world and here after. and i would like to say you thet there are a lot of Scientist who loves to read Hooly book of Islam and findind out new things. In the end some people convert to Islam..... Masha Allah.

And you will learn a lot of things from TTI and If you have any questions regarding Islam Beliefs Pls drop a Thread so we will reply you.....

May you enjoy TTI and May you stay everyday with TTI to gain your knowledge....

Thx Sister.

Ibrahim_nur

We can't guide you sister, I pray God to guide you.
pray God sincerilly to guide you, you want the truth.
you want the true God, and the true religion.
Ask God to guide you.
If your intresting learning more about islam.
Read the Quran(koran).
Talk your husband about ur intresting in learning islam, i think he'll help u more than us.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Whoa !

We never expected you to come back to us this way. It seems like you are taking revenge upon us for what your husband did to you. Cool down girl :SMILY259:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

If every one notice I deleted all the posts which were off the topic this thread was created by a new user asking about Islam if you all including
VDiane have a topic to discuss about please do it in different thread DO NOT T A K E over a thread change the topic,

VDiane, if you dont want to believe in Islam and Quran its your choice, we are not here to judge you the only one who will judge is God so please stop debating and this message is to other Muslims on TTI, this site is not a debate site if some one have an issue please contact the moderators or Mabsoot.

Any post on this thread off the original topic will be deleted.

Wa salaam alikom

I haven't known what to say in response to how this thread has taken on a life of its own. I first want to say that I sincerely appreciate those who did focus on my original question which was to ask about how to learn more about Islam. For those of you who have reached out to me and provided resources and extended sincere offers of friendship and discussion opportunities, I sincerely say thank you!
For the other topics, I would like to say thank you for your concern and I hope that these other comments were made with the heart in the right place. I have been a bit taken aback at some of the assumptions made about my relationship, my marriage, my future children, and my past and present religious beliefs. I don't recall mentioning most of these (except some on the goodness of my relationship and a bit on religious internal conflict) and so I would just ask that as we all communicate here that we not assume. It is the only way for us to understand each other. Each person is at a different point on his or her path and has different experiences. This does not mean each person will have the same experiences whether in relationships, marriages, religion, or other areas of life.
I sincerely hope I have not offended, but have to say I had been offended by more than one reply. As such, I did not want to reply right away but to take time to consider why certain things were being said. I have to believe that it wasn't to be harmful but that others were trying to share their own experiences and these are obviously experiences which have had deep impacts and meaning to those who made strong comments, and there were far more than from just one person! I even received some private emails with contents that were surprising.
I have learned a lot just by reading through the posts and know even more how much this is an emotionally charged topic because it hits so close to home for so many. Honestly, I just want to learn more. Yes, of course I will talk with my husband and his family about this, but he really is the best husband for me in that he has never imposed anything on me - not just in religion but in ANY area of my life. This is how we are together. So I need to do some searching on my own as well. I feel the need to say what a wonderful man he is and he has proved that for the past few years and that isn't going to change. We have weathered many storms together and here we are at this point and we will stay this way because we are committed to our marriage and each other. He is the LEAST abusive person I have ever known and have known absolutely no abuse with him in any way, shape, or form. I am a better person for knowing him and loving him and it is his goodness and the goodness of his family that has me here today asking questions. I say this about my own experience but felt it needed to be said because I must defend him when his integrity was put into question. He is a wonderful man and I am a blessed woman.
Again, thank you all for your offerings. I look forward to learning more in a positive manner.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
May I suggest that you, as a moderator, split the thread that starts to be hijacked? The regular user does not have that ability but moderators and admins do. This is a far better way to handle off topic straying than to delete members posts. I'm sure vBulletin has that feature.

Salaam alikom

Jazaak Allah Khair brother but we are not here to start threads for people who go off topic, if you want to start a thread you can, but as I mentioned before there is no point of debating and keep going in circle. If you as members stick to the topic the post wont be deleted,

Plus a lot of people started complaining regarding this thread and how people were going off the topic. Sister MarriedtoMuslim started a thread to gain information not to debate
if you or any one have any concerns please MSG me instead of posting here.

And remember the verses from quran when debating with people who dont have any knowledge of Islam except their own exprience...

وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا {63} الفرقان

The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish ones address them answer: Peace; (63)

Wa jazaakom Allah Khair

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
I guess the thing that is most difficult for me is how I feel like I am rejecting God and Jesus .............

Welcome to TTI!!! :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

We are happy to have you here with us! Regardless of you being a Muslim or Christian.

Actually, you will not be rejecting God or Jesus at all. This reminded me of an article I read some time back, and would like to share with you:

We as Muslims share with the Jewish and Christian communities many points of commonality. These include: belief in God, belief that He revealed scriptures to humanity and sent a succession of prophets. The Qur'an, we notice, addresses the Jews and Christians from the vantage point of these points of agreement.

We are concerned in this article with a particular point of commonality between Muslims and Christians – and that is our reverence for Jesus and our recognition that he is the Messiah, the Christ. The Christian world has just recently finished celebrating the occasion of Christ's birth. We as Muslims do not observe Christmas, but we nevertheless celebrate Christ in our lives in a complete way, with constancy and steadfast devotion. Our celebration of Christ is one of faith, remembrance, and emulation.

Muslims honor Christ (peace be upon him) through their faith. What follows is stated in the Qur'an:

1. Faith in the miraculous conception of Christ.

Jesus (peace be upon him) was born of a virgin. The Qur'an says [Surah Maryam: 16]:

Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said: "I seek refuge from you to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if you fear Allah.

He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a pure son."

He said: "So (it will be). Your Lord says: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for humanity and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained."

2. Faith in the miracle of Christ's birth and the miracles of his infancy.

Allah says [Surah Maryam: 29]:

At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! Truly you have brought an amazing thing! O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a man of evil, nor your mother an unchaste woman!"

But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; and He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall raised back to life."

3. Faith in the miracles that took place at Christ's hands.

Jesus Christ performed numerous miracles during the time of his preaching.

For instance, the Qur'an tells us [Surah Al `Imran: 49]:

And (Allah) will make him a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "I have come to you, with a sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a sign for you if you did believe."

4. Faith in Christ's ascension.

Muslims believe that Allah saved Jesus (peace be upon him) from the schemes of his enemies, by having Jesus ascend unto Him. We read in the Qur'an:

"And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah" - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ]" [Surah al-Nisa': 157]

5. Faith in the Gospel of Jesus.

Muslims believe in the scripture that Allah revealed unto Jesus. The following verses of the Qur'an attest to this:

A. "It is He who sent down to you (O Muhammad), in truth, the scripture, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Torah and the Gospel before this, as a guide to humanity." [Sûrah Al `Imran: 3]

B. "And We caused Jesus, the son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah – a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil). " [Sûrah al-Ma'idah: 46]

C. "Then will Allah say: 'O Jesus, the son of Mary! Recount My favor to you and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened you with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught you the Book and wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel." [Sûrah al-Ma'idah: 110]

D. Allah describes the followers of Muhammad in terms of the Gospel, saying: "Their similitude in the Gospel is like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight." [Sûrah al-Fath (48): 29]

Our belief in the Gospel of Jesus is a tenet of faith for Muslims, in and of itself, that is part of the Muslim belief in the scriptures – which is one of the essential six pillars of the Islamic faith. Allah says in the Qur'an:

"The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, saying: We make no difference between any of His messengers." [Surah al-Baqarah: 285]

This means that a Muslim's belief in the Qur'an is not valid unless that Muslim also believes in the Gospel that was revealed to Jesus (peace be upon him). Why is this the case? This is because the Qur'an came confirming the Gospel as well as the Torah.

Allah says:

"It is He who sent down to you (O Muhammad), in truth, the scripture, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Torah and the Gospel before this, as a guide to humanity." [Sûrah Al `Imran: 3]

Another reason why our faith in the book revealed to Jesus (peace be upon him) is essential is because we as Muslims are required to believe in all of the scriptures that Allah has revealed. Allah commands us:

"Declare: I believe in what Allah has revealed of scriptures." [Surah Shura: 15]

We ask: Is there any other faith group on Earth, outside of Christendom, who honor and celebrate the Gospel as an essential aspect of their faith besides the Muslims?

This celebration of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) – including his conception, his birth, his miracles, his scripture, and his message – is not merely an idea; it is a lived reality for the Muslims, infused every day in the most essential practices of our faith and worship. When a Muslim recites the Qur'an – and especially the chapters entitled "Mary", the "Family of Imran" and "The Table Spread" (which refers to the supper that Jesus – peace be upon him – had with the disciples) – this entails reciting the teachings about Christ as a form of worship. The verses honoring and praising Christ are also recited within our daily prayers. Belief in Christ is part of the essential Islamic beliefs that every Muslim is taught from earliest childhood.

All of this should encourage us, Muslims and Christians alike, to redouble our efforts at mutual understanding. It is not conducive to an atmosphere of understanding that many Christians around the world have the misconception that Muslims are hostile to Jesus (peace be upon him) or that we deny him – let alone their lack of awareness that we as Muslims revere Christ and love him from the depths of our hearts. Christian lack of awareness regarding our true beliefs is not only an error in knowledge, but an obstacle to the understanding between our two faiths that is needed to foster tolerance and dispel bigotry.

If Christians understand our true beliefs about Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), it would lead them to respect the prophet of Islam, even if they do not go so far as to believe that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is indeed a prophet. We are talking here about basic human respect as demanded by the dictates of reason and ethics, a respect that precludes the possibility of slander and abuse.

Think about it. If some major American or European corporations got together and mobilized massive financial and human resources for the purpose of "getting to know Christ", depicting Jesus (peace be upon him) in the most beautiful possible manner as an absolutely free service to the public. What would Christians feel about such an effort and how would they describe it? They would certainly consider it to be a noble and positive endeavor.

This corporate effort described above is an imaginary scenario, but there is a reality that far surpasses it. We are talking about something that has taught people about Christ (peace be upon him) in the most noble and sublime of terms, taught people to believe in him, honor him, and love him. This reality is that Muhammad (peace be upon him), the prophet of Islam, came with a book that celebrates and honors Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), a book that all Muslims for the past 1,400 years and all of the world's more than 1 billion Muslims living today accept to be the infallible word of God. This program of "getting to know Christ" was not a short-term effort. It has been constant in its success since the sixth century up to the present day.

What, then, should a discerning Christian feel about the prophet who taught literally billions of people all around the world to believe in, love, and honor Christ? At the very least, such a person would feel respect for that prophet who so loved Christ and taught his followers to do so as well, since it is natural to have respect for someone who reveres what you hold in high esteem.

:SMILY139:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
I haven't known what to say in response to how this thread has taken on a life of its own. I first want to say that I sincerely appreciate those who did focus on my original question which was to ask about how to learn more about Islam. For those of you who have reached out to me and provided resources and extended sincere offers of friendship and discussion opportunities, I sincerely say thank you!
For the other topics, I would like to say thank you for your concern and I hope that these other comments were made with the heart in the right place. I have been a bit taken aback at some of the assumptions made about my relationship, my marriage, my future children, and my past and present religious beliefs. I don't recall mentioning most of these (except some on the goodness of my relationship and a bit on religious internal conflict) and so I would just ask that as we all communicate here that we not assume. It is the only way for us to understand each other. Each person is at a different point on his or her path and has different experiences. This does not mean each person will have the same experiences whether in relationships, marriages, religion, or other areas of life.
I sincerely hope I have not offended, but have to say I had been offended by more than one reply. As such, I did not want to reply right away but to take time to consider why certain things were being said. I have to believe that it wasn't to be harmful but that others were trying to share their own experiences and these are obviously experiences which have had deep impacts and meaning to those who made strong comments, and there were far more than from just one person! I even received some private emails with contents that were surprising.
I have learned a lot just by reading through the posts and know even more how much this is an emotionally charged topic because it hits so close to home for so many. Honestly, I just want to learn more. Yes, of course I will talk with my husband and his family about this, but he really is the best husband for me in that he has never imposed anything on me - not just in religion but in ANY area of my life. This is how we are together. So I need to do some searching on my own as well. I feel the need to say what a wonderful man he is and he has proved that for the past few years and that isn't going to change. We have weathered many storms together and here we are at this point and we will stay this way because we are committed to our marriage and each other. He is the LEAST abusive person I have ever known and have known absolutely no abuse with him in any way, shape, or form. I am a better person for knowing him and loving him and it is his goodness and the goodness of his family that has me here today asking questions. I say this about my own experience but felt it needed to be said because I must defend him when his integrity was put into question. He is a wonderful man and I am a blessed woman.
Again, thank you all for your offerings. I look forward to learning more in a positive manner.
Peace Sister

I don't want to say much but after reading this bit I have to say that your husband too is a blessed man. May Allah SWT protect you both and increase love between you and strengthen the bond even more.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Amien brother Mohsin, May Allah bless MarriedtoMuslim and guid her to the Islam and bless Dianne and guid her back to islam. I really hope you both enter islam.

to MarriedtoMuslim and Dianne i want to say, this comes from my heart:

We love jesus peace be upon him and love God (Allah) The almighty all praise is due to Him, but we worship only God without worshipping Jesus. Jesus is His messenger send with the truth like moses peace be upon him and upon all the messengers. Jesus never said worship me, instead he said Worship God in the Heavens. He never said i'am one in the trinity.

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of Allah. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

Allah will ask jesus in de day of judgement:

"And behold! Allah will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" (5:116-117)

Please take this in consideration, because at the day of judgement you will hear Jesus saying this to Allah. What feeling would you have.

I really hope one day you will enter islam. Take time to read about islam. Start with " tawheed" and watch video's of reverts and ask the following questions: The media and many people give a bad image of islam" Why did they revert".

And i really hope Dianne will get a good husband...a husband who is not abusive.

Take care

Salam oelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

mhamzah

Hello DViane,

Hopefully the marriage will work out well for you,

What do you mean by son of God?

Why can't God forgive our sins?

As for your posts;

"Let them produce their proof," is the repeated admonition of the Qur'an, that is, "provide the documentation that Jesus himself claimed unqualified deity,"

Saviour:

As for "saviour", the word is applied to other than Jesus (2 Kings 13:5). The conspiracy of modern translation is easily demonstrated. The King James Bible of 1611 is everywhere available. Compare it to a more recent translation. In the earlier version we find 2 Kings 13:5 contains the word "saviour", but in the newer version the synonymous word "deliverer" has been substituted. In fact, "saviours", the plural, will be found at Obadiah 1:21 and Nehemiah 9:27.

"Before Abraham was, I am:

"Before Abraham was, I am". Even if Jesus meant to claim by these words that he was alive before Abraham was, is this insufficient ground to say that he was divine? If Jesus lived in heaven then came to earth it might mean something remarkable, but it would not be enough to establish him as God incarnate. Additionally, it should be noted that these words are open to other interpretation. Christians do not imagine that the prophet Jeremiah had a pre-human existence and so they find a suitable way of interpreting the words of Jeremiah 1:5 which portray such a situation, if taken literally, Why not apply a similar understanding in the case of John 8:58?

In addition here is the key to another deception. The original of the first text is in Hebrew while the original of the second is in Greek. All but a few of Jesus' words were recorded in Greek. For two hundred years before the time of Jesus the Jews used a Greek translation of their Hebrew scriptures, the Septuagint. This work translated the key phrase "I am" of Exodus as HO ON. However, the words of Jesus, "I am", have been given to us in Greek as EGO EIMI. If the gospel writer of John 8:58 wanted to tell his Greek-speaking audience that Jesus had imitated God he would have used the familiar words of the Septuagint, otherwise the point would be lost.

I and the father are one:

The Greek word translated "one" is HEN. Certain scholars have insisted that the only possible understanding of this word is "one in essence or nature". One need not be a Greek scholar to refute this unjustified claim. A counter example is sufficient. The same word is used by Jesus in John 17:11,21,22,23, as he includes his disciples in this oneness, whatever its meaning.

Who has seen Me has seen the Father

So interpreters say that "Father" is here equivalent to "God". However, we cannot possibly be obliged to understand that Jesus meant to say that seeing him was exactly the same as seeing God because he was God. Our reason is found in the contrariety of John 5:37. Here he told a crowd about the Father saying, "You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen his form."