Help a brother out

JD19

This is a continuation from my introductions post...

Hello everyone...

Im an American, born and raised. My family is Hindu.

After many years of reading and studying, I feel deep down inside that Islam is the right path. I have read the Quran and study things pertaining to Islam everyday. I also fast as many days as I can during Ramadan.

I havent taken the Shahada yet.. why you may ask? Because I dont know how to pray =(... Learning the Arabic is difficult for me. Not being able to pray doesnt allow me to feel "connected"... Thats whats stopping me from "officially" becoming Muslim. I wanna practice the religion thoroughly.

I live in NYC and there are many mosques here. I have gone to a couple and have made phone calls to a few. I havent had much luck though in finding someone who can help me.

I did go to Jumma prayer once and I just followed the motions of everyone praying. Even though I didnt speak the words, after I was done, I felt so much at peace. It was an awesome experience.

I follow prayer videos at home but theyre not easy to remember.

Islam is the truth but it is also VERY difficult.

Any suggestions? I have contacted **-------------** and they said they may be able to find me a mentor. Im waiting on their response.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Welcome to tti JD19, hope you enjoy your time here and benefit too...

Masha-Allah so wonderful to hear Allah has guided you towards the truth.....may Allah make your path easy for you.......

If you truly believe that there is no god but Allah and it should be a genuine belief from your heart. The witnessing of the Oneness of Allah is the rejection of any form of deity other than Allah, and the witnessing that Muhammad is His Messenger is the acceptance of him being chosen by Allah to convey His message of Islam to all humanity and to deliver it from the darkness of ignorance into the light of belief in, and knowledge of, the Creator. You dont need to wait, you can say your shahadah right away.....you can learn prayer/salaat after this......all you have to say from your heart is...

Ash-hadu anla ilaha illal-Lahu Wahdahu la Sharika Lahu wa-ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One, without any partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger.

:subhanallah:

wasalama

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I am pleased to know that the Creator has placed the seed of Islam in your heart and may he foster it further.

You are welcome to the family of 1.5 billion people.

Many reverts to Islam go through the initial thoughts that you have described, please note that first and foremost in my humble opinion you should take the Shahadah (declaration of Islamic Faith) as this lets you enter the protection of Creator & serenity of Islam.

Come on jump in the pool!

Learning how to pray is a matter that can be resolved slowly as everyone goes through a learning process. It is not difficult & requires just a little bit of practise. I have been involved over the years with teaching kids, grown ups (old & young), men & women & its not an overly complicated process, neither does it take much time for the committed. You have to understand that the Creator (Allah) wants you to pray so why would he make the process complicated (that wouldn’t make any sense).

Its like swimming, you can’t stay at the sides & say that I want to perfect my technique before jumping in. You have got to take the plunge & then learn how to swim.

We are all here to help you, if you need help locally please let us know where you live & we will find you some local folks.

Hope this helps.

This is a continuation from my introductions post...

Hello everyone...

Im an American, born and raised. My family is Hindu.

After many years of reading and studying, I feel deep down inside that Islam is the right path. I have read the Quran and study things pertaining to Islam everyday. I also fast as many days as I can during Ramadan.

I havent taken the Shahada yet.. why you may ask? Because I dont know how to pray =(... Learning the Arabic is difficult for me. Not being able to pray doesnt allow me to feel "connected"... Thats whats stopping me from "officially" becoming Muslim. I wanna practice the religion thoroughly.

I live in NYC and there are many mosques here. I have gone to a couple and have made phone calls to a few. I havent had much luck though in finding someone who can help me.

I did go to Jumma prayer once and I just followed the motions of everyone praying. Even though I didnt speak the words, after I was done, I felt so much at peace. It was an awesome experience.

I follow prayer videos at home but theyre not easy to remember.

Islam is the truth but it is also VERY difficult.

Any suggestions? I have contacted **-------------** and they said they may be able to find me a mentor. Im waiting on their response.