help concerning buying something (a laptop)

sky_012

:salam2:
i hope you are all in the best of health by the grace of Allah SWT

i need help regarding buying a laptop

i already have a computer but it is getting old and slow and i have enough disk space for now because i don't use any particular application but i now in one or two months i'll use some heavy applications and it would be usefull for me

but i'm confused and hesitating a lot because i think
Alhamdullilah i already have a computer and if for instance i copy all the prvious datas on a cd i can make some space in my disk
but on the other side i think a laptop will be usefull because u can carry it and you don't need to go and wait for a vacant seat in computer room and if it is powerfull i can do the work properly

plus my old computer won't be wasted as i'll give it to someone who needs in among the people i know

but you know a laptop costs some money and sometimes i think i could give this money as sadakah instead of using it for a laptop or i think buying one laptop means i have materialistic deisres so it's bad in this point of view as well

and it's not like that i don't have a computer it's just i think it's really slow and one day or another i'll have to repalce it so why not now

please help me to make a decision;
Jazak Allah Khair for your help

:wasalam:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum

but you know a laptop costs some money and sometimes i think i could give this money as sadakah instead of using it for a laptop or i think buying one laptop means i have materialistic deisres so it's bad in this point of view as well

sister in islam..

there is nothing in buying Nice car..Nice Laptop..ect..

because the one who is observing a voluntary Sadakah is in charge of himself..

......... but voluntary charity ( Sadakah ) is better........

it make the bonds of brotherhood for the sake of Allaah became stronger ...

“By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (piety, righteousness — here it means Allaah’s reward, i.e. Paradise), unless you spend (in Allaah’s Cause) of that which you love”
[Aal- Imraan 3:92 – interpretation of the meaning]

It was narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 13; Muslim, 45.

It was narrated that al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said: The Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believers, in their mutual mercy, love and compassion, are like a (single) body; if one part of it feels pain, the rest of the body will join it in staying awake and suffering fever.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5665; Muslim, 2586.
u can chose as u wanna...

Allah know the best..
<wasalam>