help me study fo my test on numeral. if i fail i wont get into nurse course PLZZ HELP

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam,

inshallah i'll be enrolling in a nurse course and in order to get in you must complete a basic numeral and writing test. the writing test which contains spelling words and explain paragraphs and phrases etc.

now, im most concerned about maths. i use to come first in my class in high school about 10 or so ago. but now, im blank, my illness prevents me from being able to evaluate and try to figure out maths stuff.

as for the writing test, i think i can inshallah manage. i am slow but i really need to focus on maths.

i came first in my class when i was in year 11 for english. 1st out of 99 students.

subhan allah, i wish i was still that good. i get upset when i remember my results.

------------
well, my main point of this thread is, where do i start in maths?

i went to mathsonline.com, lool, i really need a teacher to explain so i can ask my questions constantly and throughout. that was a good web site but i got frustrated because i didnt understand somethings.

i learn primes and composite numbers im okay with this term but does the primes and composite actually include the number itself? eg: 9 = 1,3,9 so its a composite number but why do we have to include the number it self?

equivalent factors, i understand a bit

1/2 = 6/12 being 1x6=6 and 2x6=12

but when it come to the big numbers i get confused because i dont have a calculator and my brain goes dead and so slow i cannot concentrate so i become frustrated.

any tips or shortcuts?

now, write as decimals: 9/20 why do we have to do 9x5=45 anhd 20x5 = 100 so 45/100 = 0.45

now that i dont get, i saw the example on the mathsonline but dont get it.

why 9/10 is just simple and equals 0.9

there is so much i need to learn, i dont want just answers i really want to know how we get the answer because they are not the questions in the exam. i dont know what is in the exam so i have to learn all the basic.

can you please help me. im so stuck and upset i really want to do this course for the sake of Allah and help sick children in the hospital.

please, brothers and sisters help me to get prepared. i cried this morning thinking, what am i going to do, i dont understand this. i dont have anyone who can help at the moment and by this week. my husband tonight told me to go to turn to islam. lool, i did forget you guys might be able to help, but so sorry i didnt ask before.

please kindly help me.

what other stuff should i learn or focus on

zainali

assalamualikum sister ,

first of all just relax inshallah it's nothing hard believe me , ur just worried thats y its looking hard for u , inshallah sis i'l help u out , first tell me what is ur portion i mean what are the chapters that ur going to have in ur exams , like topics in maths ? algebra , fractions , integration ??? what are the things that ur going have make a note of it and inshallah after that u can easily learn inshallah , so stop worrying sis ,

inshallah u give ur exams very well and will pass inshallah ,

any help just ask sister .

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum sister,
May ALlah (swt) help you and make ur task easy - ameen
here is a small dua try reciting it before studying it will help InshALlah
اللهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلا مَا جَعَلتَهُ سَهْلا وَ أنتَ تَجْعَلُ الحزْنَ إذا شِئْتَ سَهْلا

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla, wa ‘anta taj-alul hazna idha shi’ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will

im not very good in math myself but with this problem here is wat i figured:
now, write as decimals: 9/20 why do we have to do 9x5=45 anhd 20x5 = 100 so 45/100 = 0.45
if you want to divide the top of the fraction with the bottom then you can make esy by multiple the top and bottom by same number. like they did.
if you were trying to divide 9 by 20 you might need a calculator but if you multiple them both by 5, the bottom because 100 and top 45, and when dividing by 100 u just move the decimal point so 45.00 becomes 0.45 when divided by 100 : )

hope it made sense

walaikum salam

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
assalamualikum sister ,

first of all just relax inshallah it's nothing hard believe me , ur just worried thats y its looking hard for u , inshallah sis i'l help u out , first tell me what is ur portion i mean what are the chapters that ur going to have in ur exams , like topics in maths ? algebra , fractions , integration ??? what are the things that ur going have make a note of it and inshallah after that u can easily learn inshallah , so stop worrying sis ,

inshallah u give ur exams very well and will pass inshallah ,

any help just ask sister .

oh thank you for your reply. oh thanks. i need to stop crying and worrying and just relax but cant explain it. if i dont get in this semester, i wont be able to do it anymore. for personal reasons. so thats why im upset.

anyway, as for the exam, they just said its basic numeral and english test. numeral they referred to maths. they told us to go to mathsonline and study. but there is soooooooooooo much and i cant put them all in my brain.

so i thought, if i understand how changing fractions to decimals and vis versa and how to evaluate fractions, comparing size, understand division by number and whole number, problem solving, rates and ratios how that works and a bit about probability etc, oh my god, see why i stress, there is sooooooooo much.

well, i can understand the meanings of these and how they work in basic not full complicated and evaluating big big large numbers, etc, then i think it will help.

i use to love algebra, it was my fav topic in maths, now if you tell me what that is, i'll laugh at myself in shame.

i do need to calm down and relax. maybe when we start to get my brain working, inshallah i'll feel happy to learn adn it wont be as complicated.

thank you so much for helping. i'll cry if i find out i pass the test. oh, and if i fail, i'll just keep crying too.

zainali

sister believe me its nothing inshallah its just basic , inshallah i'l to my best to help u , but how can i help u is the point ??

Abdul25

Logical Believer
salam,

i learn primes and composite numbers im okay with this term but does the primes and composite actually include the number itself? eg: 9 = 1,3,9 so its a composite number but why do we have to include the number it self?

equivalent factors, i understand a bit

1/2 = 6/12 being 1x6=6 and 2x6=12

but when it come to the big numbers i get confused because i dont have a calculator and my brain goes dead and so slow i cannot concentrate so i become frustrated.

any tips or shortcuts?

now that i dont get, i saw the example on the mathsonline but dont get it.

why 9/10 is just simple and equals 0.9

RED:- composite numbers are those which can be divided by 1, itself and any other number. like 6 . it can be divided by 1 and, 2 and 3 and 6 also. while prime numbers are those which can only be divided by 1 and itself like 3 , 5,11,17 e.t.c

numbers ending in 0,2,4,6,8, are always divided by 2,
numbers ending in 0,5 are always divide by 5,
if the sum of any numbers is dividable by 3 then the number itself can be dividable by 3.

@Green:- in fractions, you always have to multiply and divide the numerator and denomirator. with the same number in or order to keep it equal.

@indigo :-when converting a number in decimals , it is always easy to have a denomirator.with multiples of 10 because then you can move one point ahead of the number and directly form decimal easily.thats why we always multiply to make denomirator.r equal to multiples of 10.

like 2/10 =0.2
2/100 = 0.02
2/1000 =0.002 (because we have one more zero.)

i hope i make sense because teaching maths like this is not easy :p lol

Friend2100

Walikum salam wa rahmatullah,

Masha Allah, already there is many helping hands still let me try too.

try to download the files and check if it can be of any use.
here are the links

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5tx43d5mz7wrpxu

http://www.mediafire.com/?41oi3m45sz228ml

http://www.mediafire.com/?l3uonjvo6dkg61u

and one more which brother Korai already mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy

Remember

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to do that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say ‘If only I had done (such and such), the such and such would have happened,’ rather say: ‘Allaah has decreed and what He wills He does,’ for ‘if only’ opens the door to the work of the shaytaan.”
Narrated by Muslim (2664).

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
اللهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلا مَا جَعَلتَهُ سَهْلا وَ أنتَ تَجْعَلُ الحزْنَ إذا شِئْتَ سَهْلا

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla, wa ‘anta taj-alul hazna idha shi’ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will
hope it made sense

mashallah im so happy there is a dua to recite. oh thank you so much jazakallah kheir for everytime i recite it and many rewards i ask allah to give you for letting me know of this dua.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
okay, i asked for help because i was crying so much i didnt know where to start. now i got all these web links and options and advice and so many i can choose from.

i have a headache, when you push yourself to study while stressing out badly and crying like a baby and negative thoughts all over, there is NO WAY ANYTHING IS GOING TO CLICK AND NO WAY I CAN LEARN.

im going to sleep now, its almost midnight in my country. my son starts school tomorrow, kindergarten, dont know how im going to cope with that. i love him to death and cant let go of him, im going to cry heaps tomorrow. his so beautiful in his uniform. mashallah.

well, when i come back, inshallah i will look at everyones advice carefully and inshallah i will be full of energy, and hope all this will work.

please keep your advice and post coming, one of them might end up the being the best help. so please do not forget me.

zainali

dont worry just be calm and relaxed , when one has problems in life everything gets really difficult and at times simple things seems to be like mountains , so dont worry we all are here sis inshallah everything will be fine .

Kakorot

:wasalam: wr wb,

Sister you're not the only one that is bad at maths lol. I failed maths gcse the first time and had to re-take.

I borrowed a maths text book from the library which had a lot of exercises to do. I went through practice papers as well. And I revised from this website http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/ My brother is really good at maths, he's in the top set and he taught me how to work things and made it look so easy. If you know someone who is good at maths, maybe they can help you? Wallaahi I find it really helps when other people help.

And about remembering the methods on how to do percentages/decimals, you can just make up random questions and then try to work them out.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
guess what

after all this crying and stressing and stuffing my face with studying today, i just received the call i've been waiting for regarding my exam date and they told me its wednesday

when i asked what does the test involve, they said

english test and no need to study

i said, i heard there will be maths questions too

they said no not any more

oh my god, im still crying, so why do i cry when im sad and cry more when im happy

i am soooooooooooo happy

see, allah loves us, he takes care of us, he knows im not able to do the test because of my illness and he is making the way easy for me to go through

what can i do to thank my lord, what can i do to say thank you, i wish to die right now to meet allah and say thank you and then wish to come back alive and do the nurse course :lol:

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED

thank you for the dua, ALHUMDULILAH IT WORKS

ALLAH NEVER LEAVES US, I WAS UPSET AND STRESSED OUT, BUT I NEVER EVER NOT TRUST ALLAH, I KEPT SAYING, MAYBE ALLAH DOESNT WANT ME TO DO THE COURSE BECAUSE HE FEELS ITS BEST FOR ME NOT TO DO IT OR FOR A REASON ALLAH KNOWS BEST, BUT I WAS ONLY UPSET BECAUSE I COULDNT FIGURE OUT THE MATHS STUFF CONSIDERING I USE TO COME FIRST IN CLASS AND THEN THAT MADE ME REALISE I MAY FAIL THE TEST AND NOT DO NURSING BUT DEEP DOWN, I KNEW ALLAH HAD A PLAN FOR ME BUT STILL I CRIED. :lol:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Alhamdulillah

oh thank you. thank you to all for all your help.

i did benifit from everyones post and the links they provided.

i studied all day from link / site to site. some sites i was able to understand a few things and the things i couldnt understand i used in another site provided above in the post. so guys, thank you.

i still learnt heaps. thank you all so much.

jazakhallah kheir.

i'll let you all know how i did with the test on wednesday inshallah.

after the test, if i pass, then i can fill in an application form, when the application gets approved, inshallah mid feb i should start my course.

i'll let you all know of updates inshallah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
thank you for the dua, ALHUMDULILAH IT WORKS

ALLAH NEVER LEAVES US, I WAS UPSET AND STRESSED OUT, BUT I NEVER EVER NOT TRUST ALLAH, I KEPT SAYING, MAYBE ALLAH DOESNT WANT ME TO DO THE COURSE BECAUSE HE FEELS ITS BEST FOR ME NOT TO DO IT OR FOR A REASON ALLAH KNOWS BEST, BUT I WAS ONLY UPSET BECAUSE I COULDNT FIGURE OUT THE MATHS STUFF CONSIDERING I USE TO COME FIRST IN CLASS AND THEN THAT MADE ME REALISE I MAY FAIL THE TEST AND NOT DO NURSING BUT DEEP DOWN, I KNEW ALLAH HAD A PLAN FOR ME BUT STILL I CRIED. :lol:

:salam2:

ALhumdulilah sister im happy for you :) May Allah (swt) give you success in your nursing course - ameen