Help Needed

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK Bros and Sis,
i have got a problem in my apt, here i live with my roomie who ALHAMDULILLAH is also a muslim and prays 5 times mashallah, the problem that i'm facing is i'm not able to convince my roomie to come to masjid ( which is abt a mile from my apt) for salat . He prays 5 times as soon as the time starts for any prayer. I tried many ways to convince him to come masjid instead of praying at home ( he himself stated a hadith on that) but did not work out, can u guys suggest me something that i can try to convince him to come to masjid for salat.

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

I think just keep advising him would be better. Maybe one day he will want to go to the mosque and pray with you. Tell him the importance of congregational prayer.

A blind man, Ibn Umm Maktûm, came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said that he had no one to guide him to the mosque. He asked permission to pray his prayers at home. The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked him: “Do you hear the call to prayer?” When Ibn Umm Maktûm replied in the affirmative, he said: “Then respond to it.” He did not give him permission to pray at home.

Allah has made congregational prayer obligatory even upon soldiers during times of war. Allah explains in the Qur’ân how such prayers are to be prayed on the battlefield in congregation.

And Allah knows best.

boupj

I'm sure there's a reason he doens't want to go to mosque, maybe he's shy or feels uncomfortable praying in front of others. I know a brother who doesn't like mosque because he feels people there often judge or try to put pressure on you to be perfect. Maybe he's insecure. Continue to invite him but I don't suggest pushing the issue, try telling him about some amazing people you met there or talking about how much you enjoy going. InshaAllah he'll come around.

abnaaz

salamo'alaykoum brother, you should talk to him about the rewards of going to the mosque by bringing up hadiths from the prophet (salalaho 'alayhi wa salam) and also the Quran such as :
"Prayer in congregation is superior to praying individually twenty-seven times." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

"He who prays Isha' in Jama'ah [congregation] is as if he has prayed for half the night. As to him who (also) prays Fajr in congregation, it is as if he has prayed all night." [narrated by Malik and the wording is that of Muslim who also reported it]

inshaAllah he does jum'a prayer, if he doesn't may Allah guide him and here is a verse from the Qur'an in which Allah says men are obligated to pray in congregation on jum'a:
O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew! (62:9)

But mashaAllah and alhamdoulillah both of you are praying 5 times a day, may you continue like this inshaAllah! wasalamo'alaykoum

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

You can ask him to go to Masjid for at least once in the day. Once he starst to go for once prayer then InshaAllah he might have more tendency to go for more than one time.

Wassalaam,

VE

uk brother

salat

i understand that you get more reward reading in the mosque etc.I myself pray at home.I work during the night so i find it easier to pray at home because i just dont have the energy to go and pray at the mosque.(hope allah excepts my salats).Im personally happy that this brother is reading five times a day.as long as he doesnt get distracted when reading at home.

alisenay

Brother and sister, first of all i am sorry that my english is not enough well to be able to explain excatly what i want, so i will try to do my best.
i need help...
if anyone can help me i would be pleasure..
well,i am a muslim, i am married and my wife is not muslim...i often watch the stories about convert people to islam,but usually most of them are in english language..i need some video which is in russian language. I really want to make my wife to watch them, but because of language i cant do it...so if anyone has such video in russian , i greatly ask to put here ..may Allah help us..pls keep us in your prays as weel

NaXuS

why r slaves behaving like a Master,when Allah wills he will take his servant to his home.u can not give guidence.Its the ability of Allah only.

Be a human n not a God n dont kill ur own Muslim brother with ur boring speeches.Take care of ur own deeds.I,m saving ur friendship with him otherwise u will loose a good friend .