Help, regarding Christmas party

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Just wanna ask what should I do? Our office will gonna have a Christmas party this December and I believe that we as Muslims must not engage into such festivity (base in the hadiths of our prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him). The most easiest thing so far in my mind is to make an excuse, say I'm sick on that day. The problem is, there will be not 1 but 2 separate celebration, in which it will be obvious for them if I'll make excuses for both. Another one is there will be a contribution and exchange gift before that day. I've talked to an imam and he gave me the option to make an excuse although I can give the gift the other day, not in christmas party. But my biggest problem is the second celebration(the first one is for children) which is worst since this is an adult affair where alcohols are served. They know that I'm a Muslim and they respect me for that except for some jokes that they threw in me in which I dont took seriously. I dont want it affect my working relationship with my co-employees, but I dont want to commit a sin which is grave indeed. Please help me.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
May Allah be pleased with you for you are going through true Jihad (Holy Struggle NOT Holy War).

I'm not the master in this type of subject, but I think that Surah 33 (the message that I've recieved from it just today) will help you. The message of that Surah is to not be afraid of man, but be afraid of Allah. Don't worry about what man says, and Allah will be pleased when you quit fearing them.

This isn't an easy thing to do (for I have just allowed my mother and brother to know that I'm Muslim, or rather left them to think so for themselves) and I know you probably don't want to hear it, but tell them that you're Muslim and that this goes against your religion. Remember, the more suffering that you endure (true Jihad), the more Allah will be pleased with you. And the more Allah is pleased with you, the better your life will be; here and in the hereafter.

May Allah bless you, and I will make Du'a asking Allah to guide you out of your situation.

:wasalam:

Ayep

:salam2: AliIbanez!

You are not alone. Many years back my non-Muslim friends always invited me to their gatherings. You know what, giving excuses will not settle the issue forever. It was until I explained about my religion that I cannot attend because it is against my religion that they slowly understand.

Remember by attending we compromise our pledge to Allah and it also gives our non-Muslims friends a reason to invite you the next time.

One way to lighten the issue is to 'make up' for that by inviting them to our home during Eid Fitr or Eid Adha.

Its tough but its about tolerance not compromise.

Allah knows bests`

AishaR

:salam2:

I know how you are feeling. Although I hadnt reverted last year I as engaged to a muslim man & pretty much lived my life as a muslim. I was faced with 2 parties & didnt know what to do.
I was known as the life & soul of any party so when I said that I wasnt going, everyone thought I was joking. As the weeks went by & I continued to say I wasnt going as there would be booze & things going on that I didnt agree with, I had snide remarks but my true friends respected me more for saying no & standing my ground.
It is hard but remember it is a test to see how strong you are with your faith. I will make dua that it becomes easier for you to make the right decision.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Brother, I'm from the Philippines too. Our fellow Filipinos would surely understand if you would isolate yourself from them while they celebrate. We are recognized in our country and Alhamdulillaah most non-muslims here are open minded towards us Muslims. Just do your obligation as a Muslim even though they celebrate it near you. You can try to ask for a day off during those two celebration, if they grant you that Alhamdulillaah if not, then just continue with your work and don't mind them. May Allaah swt make it easier for you to deal with them.

mahmoodulhaq y

about such parties in which things like these r present uhave to beware it for ur eiman and ur thought when u give gifts is the christmas but to make them muslims and they get the happiness which can not end