Help!

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
:salam2:

I hope my dear brothers and sisters are in good health and strong iman. I am in need of your help. I am want to memorize as much Qu'ran as I can before I die, but everytime I sit down with my Qu'ran and listen to a reciter, I get tired. Very tired. Usually I cannot focus on the Qu'ran for more than half an hour, then aI have to take a nap. Is there something wrong with me? Does thisd happen to anyone else? I am scared it is the shaytan playing tricks with me and I try to have some tea before hand but it does not help much. Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

:jazaak:
:wasalam:

IbnAlAawam

I hope my dear brothers and sisters are in good health and strong iman. I am in need of your help. I am want to memorize as much Qu'ran as I can before I die, but everytime I sit down with my Qu'ran and listen to a reciter, I get tired. Very tired. Usually I cannot focus on the Qu'ran for more than half an hour, then aI have to take a nap. Is there something wrong with me? Does thisd happen to anyone else? I am scared it is the shaytan playing tricks with me and I try to have some tea before hand but it does not help much. Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

:jazaak:
:wasalam:

Have you tried having a nap first and then learn Qur'an?
If not, why not lean Qur'an in the morning after you wake up?
It is good you want to memorize the noble Qur'an, may Allah (awj) make it easy for you.

hafz

Your mind may be weak , it cannot do more then that per day .You need to build gradually but you also need to provide the right nutrition for your brain.
7 almonds soaked overnight remove the skins and eat on an empty stomach , fish oil etc.

apocalypse77

the mind plays an important part if u wana memorise the quran..i heard sm advise is to make sure u have an extremelt strict diet of eating only halal and not only that but to avoid junk food etc..will brief u more whne i got the time

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Brother i'm really happy to know that you are interested in memorising the Quran and beleive me its not that difficult. Insha-Allah it will be easy for you too as it was for me and many many others as well.
Allah SWT tells us in surah Qamar,
And We have indeed made the Qur'ân easy to understand and remember, then is there any one who will remember (or receive admonition)? (17)

And as far as the difficulties you have mentioned then let me tell you brother it all happens in the begining. Allah will make it easy for you just turn to him and trust him for its all in his hands. I have found some interesting things for you. Its an excerpt from Syed Abul Ala Maududi's introduction to Surah Qiyamah.
After verse 15 the discourse is suddenly interrupted and the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) told: "Do not move your tongue to remember this Revelation hastily. It is Our responsibility to have it remembered and read. Therefore, when We are reciting it, listen to its recital carefully. Again, it is Our responsibility to explain its meaning." Then, from verse 2O onward the same theme which was interrupted at verse 15, is resumed. This parenthetical passage, according to both the context and the traditions, has been interposed here for the reason that when the Angel Gabriel was reciting this Surah to the Holy Prophet, the Holy Prophet, lest he should forget its words later, was repeating them at the same moment. This in fact happened at the time when the coming down and receipt of Revelation was yet a new experience for him and he was not yet fully used to receiving it calmly. There are two other instances also of this in the Qur'an. First, in Surah Ta Ha the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) has been told: "And see that you do not hasten to recite the Qur'an before its revelation is completed to you." (v. 114). Then, in Surah Al-A'la, it has been said: "We shall enable you to recite:, then you shall never forget. (v. 6). Later, when the Holy Prophet became fully used to receiving the Revelation well, there remained no need to give him any such instruction. That is why except for these, three, there is no other instance of this in the Qur'an.

And here are few suggestions that will help you in memorising the Quran, inshaAllah.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/memorizingquran.html

Remember me in your duas,
Ma'assalaam