help!

Jasmiah

I am currently going through a difficult situation and i need some help!! Insh'Allah!

I am a revert to Islam and love my religion! Allhandulilah!:hijabi:
Although my choice has not gone down very well with my family!!
I have kept the fact that i am muslim from my family for a long time now, although deep down they are pretty sure that i have changed my religion when thay have asked me if i am muslim i have denied it! Astaghfirallah!:shymuslima1:

Every time i visit my family for some reason Islam comes into the conversation and automatically i defend it. Then my family ask more questions of why i am so deffensive! Abot a religion that is not important to me, and also they are curious to why i am so knowledgeble!

My family have little knowledge about Islam, all they are aware of is what the media potrays. When ive asked advice from muslim friends before but i think it is difficult for Born muslims to understand as they have always had the support of there parents. I have prayed to Allah to soften my parents hearts and make it easy for them to undestand but still the situation is the same! I have tried my hardest to defend Islam and explain that is not how it is potrayed on the tv etc. I have done everything i can possibly think of to mak my family understand Islam better and accept my choive of becoming a muslim but nothing has worked. If anything my parents are more against Islam than before!!
I am at my wits end with this i really dont know what to do!!
I cannot continue to hide my hijab before i go near my parents house! also when im out i am constantly looking around for people my family knows incase they see me in my hijab!!

I dont want to lie anymore and say im not muslim because i am proud to be muslim and feel i want to shout it to the world!! but i dont want to upset my family!
Any advice would be greatley apreciated!! please help!:girl3:

dianek

Sister! I am so sorry for your situation and I have no advice for you either as I am in a similar situation. Although I do not wear hijab so hiding is not so hard. But I have been questioned about why I don't eat pork anymore etc and I have to make some story about it being unhealthy. My parents know my kids are being raised muslim as their father, but they would never accept it of me either. Inshallah, God will guide all hearts in the way he wishes. Keep strong!

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

I would firstly like to welcome you to the website and the family?Sis if you don`t mind me asking,how long has it been that you have reverted to a muslim?

Inshallah I pray to Allah(SWT) to makes it easy for.I personally think you should atleast open up to one of the family member and the easiest will be either one of the parents,once you tell one of your parents they will automatically tell the other one in good time.
People face alot of challenge in life and this is one of yours.....

:wasalam:

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. As long as you hide the truth you will not have peace within you and it will be bothering you from time to time until you tell the truth. truth will set you free . The prophet s.a.w was in a worst situation it was him against the whole of quraish but ,with ALLAH HELP, just look at ISLAM today. fear no mankind but ALLAH S.W.T AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU INSHALLAH

Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowingly conceal the truth. (42) 2:42

O ye who believe! Guard your duty to Allah, and speak words straight to the point; (70) He will adjust your works for you and will forgive you your sins. Whosoever obeyeth Allah and His messenger, he verily hath gained a signal victory. 33:70