HELP !

hayaat_ii

Muslimah
:salam2: brothers and sisters

I was wondering if any of you know what is happening to a person who has a short- temper and gets angry quickly which causes him/ her to speak badly to her parents or close relatives.
Like what causes the short temper in the first place, and any advices on being more pleasant and less angry?
Jazzakallah!

:wasalam:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

what i usually do if i got angry, i stay quite and just don't think about it... later on, i sit somewhere where it is quite and start thinking about what tried to get me mad and find a way for it not to bother me again if happens again... when it comes to my parents, if i see an argument would happen, i STAY QUITE and let them say as they like, can't afford not to have their rida/acceptance... Sister, ask for there forgiveness even if you are right and try to talk to them when they are in a good mood... Salam sister

-------------------------------------------

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/purification/0100.htm

Self-control helps one avoid physiological and psychological harm as well as gain great rewards from Allâh for his patience.

A man came to The Prophet of Allâh, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, saying, “ ‘O Prophet of Allâh, command me.’ The Prophet replied, ‘Do not lose your temper.’ “ (Bukhaaree). The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, also said, “Strength is in the power to control oneself in anger, not in the size of the muscles.”

The advice of the Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, to control one’s temper was based upon his knowledge of the harmful effects of stress and anger on the person himself as well as on those surrounding him. At the same time he knew that this advice was not easy to follow so he described a strategy that a person may use to control his anger. He was asked, “ ‘So messenger of Allâh, what is the treatment [for anger]?’ The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said, ‘If a man gets angry while he is sitting standing up, he should sit until he regains composure. Otherwise, he should lie down.’ “ (Ahmad and Bukhaaree).

To truly appreciate the advice of The Prophet of Allâh, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, one must investigate in more depth the impact of anger on the body and how changing one’s position relates to being angry. The feeling of anger creates hormonal activities in the body. A gland named the adrenal gland situated on top of each of the kidneys controls this activity. The hormone adrenaline is secreted by the adrenal gland in response to any physical or emotional stress the body undergoes. Such stress could be fear, anger, or a drop in blood-sugar level, disease or surgery. The adrenal gland also secretes another hormone, noradrenaline, even though the main source of this hormone is the sympathetic nerve endings at the heart. Both of the hormones are related to each other and are secreted into the body together.

One of the effects of anger is the increased production of these two hormones. Since one of the two hormones is secreted by the heart, in a situation of anger, the heart is caused to work harder. The heartbeat becomes faster and with an irregular pattern. This change in the heart is so intense, it can be felt by some people while they are under stress. In addition, by becoming angry and overworking the heart, the contractions of the heart muscles increase in order to supply more oxygen, placing pressure on the arteries. For this reason, people with heart problems endangering their health when they become angry. Patients with narrow arteries are at risk for heart attacks, as their arteries may not withstand sudden rushed of blood to the heart. Increased levels of the two hormones in the body also raise blood pressure, another health hazard for blood pressure patients. Diabetics too are advised to control their temper, as raised adrenaline also raises blood sugar. Diabetics may suffer from high blood sugar levels for extended periods of time as a result of physical or emotional stress.

Some anger may throw the entire body into turmoil and trigger serious health conditions for many people. Perhaps, this is why the Prophet of Allâh, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, emphasised the avoidance of anger by repeating his advice three times: “Do not get angry.”

This brings us to the prescription given to us by The Prophet, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. Harrison, a renowned medical writer, states: “It is scientifically proven that the amount of noradrenaline in the blood can double or triple while standing quietly for five minutes. Adrenaline is raised slightly by standing. But different kinds of mental stress can significantly increase the blood adrenaline level.”

Simply standing quietly for five minutes may double the noradrenaline in the blood while slightly raising the adrenaline, a hormone mainly increased by anger and stress. Obviously becoming angry while standing would place great pressure on the body. Such is the value of the words of the Prophet of Allâh, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, fifteen centuries ago, before the development of sophisticated medical investigation and study. “If a man becomes angry while standing, he should sit down until he regains his composure. Otherwise, he should lie down.” A medical prescription for all times.

In Surah ali-Imran, verse 134, people who control their anger are among those whom Allâh makes a promise to forgive and admit into Paradise. “Those who repress anger and are able to forgive. And Allâh loves those who do good.” The Prophet of Allâh, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said, “Strength is in the power to control oneself in anger, not in the size of the muscles.” He also said, “Whoever controls his temper while able to retaliate will be called by Allâh before all of His creations and allowed to select from among lovely wide-eyed beauties whomever he desires to be wed with.” (Agreed upon).

Zayna85908

This is what I used to be like, but I was told that Mothers are very important and must have respect from their daughters and sons at all times and all matters. You must not show and angry face either.

You should be kind to others aswell to show you are the better person. To show them you are kind and considerate no matter how angry they get you or angry you may be inside of you . I get angry sometimes and feel bad afterwards because I realise even though whoever or whatever got me angry I should show them I am better than that and they will treat me the same way.

Treat people how you want them to treat you basically.

And Muhammad peace be upon him said anyone of you who is angry must sit and when you are already sitting you should lie down. Otherwise go and make wudu, ablution as if you are about to pray. This is because Anger is from satan, like fire so making ablution is extinguishing the fire. I hope it helps in some way.:SMILY259:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister

Regarding Good Conduct towards ones Parents

Chapter 1: The saying of Allaah the Exalted, "and we have enjoined upon man to be good to his parents"

1/1 From Abu Umru ash-Shaibaanee who said, "The owner of this house narrated to us," and he indicated with his hand to the house of Abdullaah, that, "I asked the Prophet (SAW), 'which action is the most beloved to Allaah?' He said, 'Prayer at it's correct time'. I said, 'then which action? 'He said, 'birr (good treatment, kindness) to the parents.' I said, 'then which?' He said 'Jihaad in the way of Allaah'

2/2 From Abdullaah bin Umar who said, "The Lord is pleased when the parents are pleased, and is Angry when the parents are angry." Hasan as mawqoof, saheeh as marfoo' as-Saheehah 515

Chapter 2: Birr to the Mother

3/3 From Bahz bin Hakeem from his father from his grandfather who said, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allaah who is most deserving of my birr?' He said, 'your mother.' I said, 'who is most deserving of my birr?' He said, 'your mother.' I said, 'who is most deserving of my birr?' He said, 'your mother.' I said, 'who is most deserving of my birr?' He said, 'your father, then your closest relation, then your closest relation.'" Hasan - Irwaa (2232,829)

More ahadith in this link: http://www.abdurrahman.org/character/goodconductparents.html

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2: Sister,
It is always easy to give advice then to do it youself in this matter. So I am not the best person to give advice on this topic.

However a_brother has given you great information regarding controlling anger. Try using the Prophet's (PBUH) advice that "If a man gets angry while he is standing up, he should sit down until he regains composure. Otherwise, he should lie down." (Ahmad and Bukhaaree).

But tell your parents and/or close relatives that you will be following this advice of our beloved Prophet (PBUH) so that when you do this they would know that you are attempting to control your anger. This could also make them realize about their own attitude or statements they might have made. This could bring their anger down too and bring a positive change in the whole environment.
And the rewards you and your parents will collect from Allah (SWT) will be additional bonus. Wow... Ain't this great !

Hope this helps.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Disrespect to your parents

:salam2: sis

In the quran, Allah has commanded that you can't even say "uff" ( or any sound or body language ) to your parents to show your disrespect. Be nice and show love and affection to them in their old age. Make dua for them ' Oh Allah forgive them and shower Your mercy upon them like they had showered their love when we were still young i.e babies'.

( can someone tell me where the ayah and surah is, I can't remember where is it)

Show your utmost respect to them and your children will do the same to you.

Manage your anger now and seek help in solat and patience

Remember, what goes around comes around.

wallahualam

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2: brothers and sisters

I was wondering if any of you know what is happening to a person who has a short- temper and gets angry quickly which causes him/ her to speak badly to her parents or close relatives.
Like what causes the short temper in the first place, and any advices on being more pleasant and less angry?
Jazzakallah!

:salam2:

I agree with a_brother post. But I actually used to be like this I hate to say it. But I have no idea what causes it but I used to always like to be right and have the last word. To be honest its not cute and makes others not want to be in your company. What I did was make Du'aa over and over and ask Allah Ta'ala to make me patient and Alhumdulilah I am ten times better than before. Patience is loved by Allah and now I see why. Plus it happened strengthen alot of relationships for me.

May Allah Ta' Ala bless us with patience in abundance with dealing with parents, husbands and any relationship that we are engaged in. Ameen
Amirah80

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Wallah that is so me... I get angry really quickly when someone pisses me off... Maybe i can benifit alot from this post.

U know i try so hard to hold my temper .... But i cant hold it for long .. I explode unintentional...

salam,

adiilah

Salaam ,

I try to stay quiet for some time..i can't stand injustice that really make me angry ....injustice against people, weak or my family or to myself....

i explode ....

May Allah help us ....become wise and 'sage'

Asalam Alakum,

Wallah that is so me... I get angry really quickly when someone pisses me off... Maybe i can benifit alot from this post.

U know i try so hard to hold my temper .... But i cant hold it for long .. I explode unintentional...

salam,

hayaat_ii

Muslimah
Thank you so much, brothers and sisters, wallahi, you were helpful. We have to be patient and although I'm not used to it, I'll have to try.

Thanks Again, I benefitted so much from all your advices and the hadeeths!
Jazzakallah!!