help!

kiki18

salam brothers and sisters i hope you ar all doing well.

many of you know i'm a convert and i have not told my parents yet. I'm now living on my school campus so i can practice Islam, but my mother called me and said that they were going to come and get me so i could spend easter with them. :( usually they go to church. i really feel uncomfortable going, it is a catholic church. so, i was thinking, what if i tell them now? i was going to wait till i went home for the summer but i really don't want to go to a place that makes me feel uncomfortable. i think i'm ready to tell them, but really i'm scared of their reaction. please help me!

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Wa'aleykumsalaam sister,

ooooh tricky, better get our revert sisters/brothers opinion. But if you feel the time is right then make dua to Allah to make it go smoothly and tell them. I'll definately make dua to Allah for you as well inshaallah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum sister, start with bimillah hirahmaan niraheem and tell them Inshallah Allah (swt) will protect you

yasin67

السلام عليكم sis,
If you think it is not a good time to tell them,then don't tell them you are a Muslimah.ِand just attending a ritual doesn't mean that you believe what they do.But if you have to do things againgst Islamic rules by attending the ritual, just be careful about it(such as, eating pork,alcohol,mixing with opposit gender).

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

You'll be in my prayers sis...and I dont think you have to tell them anytime soon. You're a muslim now and going to church is just like going to any other place. Just be a christian in disguise lol. Islam is easy and God said in the quran "God desires ease for you, and desires not hardship' (2:185).So dont make the situation hard on yourself. Tell them at the suitable time.

My suggestion would be to tell them somewhere after Easter. Because considering your family are still christians telling them that you're a muslim might just ruin their celebration spirit and happiness before and during easter. So for now just enjoy easter with your family and tell them afterwards that you converted whenever time possible. .......

OR YOU CAN TELL THEM BEFORE EASTER....THE CHOICE IS YOURS

:) :)

massi

going to church ...mmm you have to figure out something !!!! but you don't need to tell them ,
also my suggestion is :
you have to begin to show them your view
like you say well I dislike to go to church , I don't like worshiping a dead body on the cross , where Jesus (peace be upon him ) says I am God , worship me Easter is pagan celebration!!!!
it's like you begin to show them that you are no longer a christian and so on !
may our Lord make easy way for us to obey him

Islam!!yay

going to church ...mmm you have to figure out something !!!! but you don't need to tell them ,
also my suggestion is :
you have to begin to show them your view
like you say well I dislike to go to church , I don't like worshiping a dead body on the cross , where Jesus (peace be upon him ) says I am God , worship me Easter is pagan celebration!!!!
it's like you begin to show them that you are no longer a christian and so on !
may our Lord make easy way for us to obey him

Well bro or sis ...I believe thats the wrong way to go. I adviced her that she tell her parents when the time is right. And I think thats better to do.

cookiedough-123

sister the best advice i can give u is to sit them down and tell them the situaltion its very hard but u need to know Allah is by ur side and no matter what happens you have him in you life. when i revert my parents knew about me reverting as it was years since i been interested now i have taken the step and told them do u know how nervous i was and i knew they wouldnt have a problem. even with ur parents and there christian u need to know that no matter Allah is here and when ur in Allahs hands ur safe from anything bad coming to u . just keep praying and il make dua for u inshallah u be fine i postive

kiki18

jazak allah to everyone trying to help me and making dua i really appreiate it. it's been hard and emotional but i have been praying a lot. :D inshallah i will get the chance to tell them as soon as possible because i'm considering the hijab now :)