help

aseel

Assalamu Alaykum,

I am new to this site and a new muslim( for 5 months now !!!) and so so proud to be a part of it !!!! But the problem is i live in france (at toulon) and i do have muslim friends but they were just born muslim and don`t practice! i would like to know is there is a sister that lives near me.so maybe my friends will start practicing because they will not listen to me because i am a convert. They just follow there countries traditions (morocco and tunisia) but don`t follow the real teachings they are really nice girls and i want to help!

zeneesha

~trini_muslimah~
:salam2:
I understand what you might be going through. I used to actually be one of them, born muslim but not practising, but Allhamdulillah, I am now wearing hijaab and trying to practise as much as I can.
Make dua for them, ask Allah swt to guide them, as He has guided you. Tell them what you know, give them dawat. Insha Allah all will be well.
May Allah swt bless you dear.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Aseel,

Welcome to TTI.

Masha'Allah; I am particularly happy to meet you because I didn't find any Mosques in Toulon and thought that there were no Muslims there.

You are in a small town if you don't mind me saying so!

Toulon is a great historical city because it was part of the Muslim Empire and a base for the Ottoman Navy in Europe.

Assalamu Alaykum,

I am new to this site and a new muslim( for 5 months now !!!) and so so proud to be a part of it !!!! But the problem is i live in france (at toulon) and i do have muslim friends but they were just born muslim and don`t practice! i would like to know is there is a sister that lives near me.so maybe my friends will start practicing because they will not listen to me because i am a convert. They just follow there countries traditions (morocco and tunisia) but don`t follow the real teachings they are really nice girls and i want to help!

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
Assalamu Alaykum,

:salam2: may Allah bless you sister,et malgres ce qui vient d'etre dit je suis sure que il y a beaucoup de mosquées à toulon,il y en a en Uruguay(3 millions d'habitants!)donc à Toulon!Tu dois faire beaucoup de dou'as pour tes amies et ,sauf si elles te poussent à aller à l'encontre de ta religion,ne les laisse pas tomber.Fi amanillah:hearts:

boupj

I have lots of friends who are born Muslims, but don't practice at all. They think I'm crazy for converting and thnk that I have no idea what I'm doing, but a few of them have recently seen that I am practciing and the other day at school I ran into one in the coffe shop and when I said I had to go pray, he was like so impressed, and he actually asked me to make dua for him. Insha'Allah they will find true Islam. But mainly they still tease me a bit and call me "Sister" instead of using my actual name. The only thing I can tell you is try your best to be a good role model, and maybe they will follow.

You say they won't listen to you because you're a convert, well Khadija was a convert and Muhammad (pbuh) listened to her, besides if you show them proofs from the Quran and Sunna then how can they ignore, if they still choose to ignore you then pray for them and insha'Allah they will be guided.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

We all make mistakes & it is Allah (SWT) who guides us to the right path.

I have lots of friends who are born Muslims, but don't practice at all. They think I'm crazy for converting and thnk that I have no idea what I'm doing, but a few of them have recently seen that I am practciing and the other day at school I ran into one in the coffe shop and when I said I had to go pray, he was like so impressed, and he actually asked me to make dua for him. Insha'Allah they will find true Islam. But mainly they still tease me a bit and call me "Sister" instead of using my actual name. The only thing I can tell you is try your best to be a good role model, and maybe they will follow.

You say they won't listen to you because you're a convert, well Khadija was a convert and Muhammad (pbuh) listened to her, besides if you show them proofs from the Quran and Sunna then how can they ignore, if they still choose to ignore you then pray for them and insha'Allah they will be guided.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
well Khadija was a convert and Muhammad (pbuh) listened to her

Assalamu alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

We all learn from one another. I am Muslim born, but I never thought of Prophet Muhammad PBUH listening to Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her) as a Muslim listening to, and accepting advice from, a convert. I have just learnt that from Sister boupj.

Do what you think is right based on the Quran and Sunnah, irrespective of what your non-practicing friends think. And as Sister boupj said, try your best to be their role model.

You are right! Everyone needs someone who thinks the same way he/she does, in order to find support and be able to continue the path of true Islam. May Allah help you find this Sister in your town or close to you, that will help you with your non-practicing friends.

By the way, welcome to your family on-line (TTI)!!!

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

aseel

thankyou all merci a tous!!!

assalamu alaykum,

merci a tous and thankyou for all the nice responces you gave me!!! it is such a nice warm welcome!

Today, i told one of my friends somthing and she would not listen but then another girl said that i was right and that converts take seeking the real truth in every matter to do with islam realy seriously! which i do! so then she listen !
I sometimes feel that they envie me for just getting on with it without finding excuses ('i can`t wear hijab because.... bla bla bla .....)
Not a bad kind of envie because i feel them wanting to go on the right path,they say that starting is gonna be the hardest but i`m sure Allah will guide them!

PS: oui il y a un mosque a Toulon mais elles ne veulent pas venir pourtant c`est mieux pour nous!