hi my name is tanith

tanith

I am a new muslim of about 2 weeks and have so much to learn and would be grateful of any help from anyone. Particulaly about prayer, I have not found an easy explaination on how a woman prays yet. thanks
ps I know no arabic at all

Mumin01

Congrats on becoming a Muslim sistter

Keep with it cause i swear there is no other way of life youll ever want

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum (Peace be upon you)

A very warm welcome sister to Islam and the forum. May Allah strengthen your faith and keep you steadfast on his deen.

Here is the ruling related to your question
If you have not yet learned the manner and characteristics of performing the prayer (i.e. at least the movements and positions), appended to this message is a description from which you can learn. What is requried from you for the time being is to say in the beginning of the prayer and between each movement between positions "Allaahu ak-bar" (a glorification of Allaah). While standing, bowing, prostrating, and sitting, you should say "subhaan allaah wal-hamdu lillaah wa-laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar." (Glory be to Allaah, and praise and thanks be to Allaah, and there is no god but Allaah, and Allaah is the most Exalted and Great.) Then conclude the prayer by turning your head to the right then left, each time saying "as-salaamu alaikum."

This way of performing salaat is permissible for you until you can learn and memorize what should be said in each movement and position of the salaat
Source

Here is a link that will help you learn about prayers, inshaAllah (God willing)

Salah (Prayers)Step by Step
with Illustrations and Audio Sections

hager

welcome

Welcome to islam
so happy,..
u're now with ur family
if u need anything,please PM me..okey?
salam o likum

Amirah84

I am a new muslim of about 2 weeks and have so much to learn and would be grateful of any help from anyone. Particulaly about prayer, I have not found an easy explaination on how a woman prays yet. thanks

assalama aleikum sister,

Congratulations on your conversion. May Allah continously bless you.
There is much to learn but Islam is as vast and deep so InshaAllah take it step by step. Don't overwhelm yourself.

The prayer in Islam is the same whether you are a man or woman. This is a good link which you can find on the main page of tti.

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

I was a born muslim but I learned how to pray properly from books etc. I had to write down what to say on pieces of paper and read it off at first to understand the steps of the prayer.

Hope this helps a bit,

Take care

Amirah

habib786

mashallah ... welcome to Islam ... welcome to TTI family ... May Allah guide u and give u the courage and also make things easy for u..........there are many threads will can be usefull to you this forum .... and also many knowledgable ppl around ... hope to see u around ...
jazak allah

tanith

thank you that has helped. But on page 3 of that link is a grid that shows obligatory and reg units with stars next to them. what does that mean and if they are prayers, how do i know what to say. This is the bit I dont get.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
thank you that has helped. But on page 3 of that link is a grid that shows obligatory and reg units with stars next to them. what does that mean and if they are prayers, how do i know what to say. This is the bit I dont get.
I hope the following text will be helpful, inshaAllah (God willing).

Description of Regular Prayers
The answer to your question is a Hadith by the Prophet
saws.gif
(May peace and blessings be upon him) in which he said:

"Allaah will build a house in Heaven for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah Rak'aat (as follows): 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer." Hadith sahih narrated by at-Tirmidhi No. 379 and by others. Hadith No. 6183 in Sahih al-Jaami’.

‘Anbasah ibn Abi Sufyan quoted Umm Habibah as saying "Allaah’s Messenger
saws.gif
(May peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"A house will be built in Heaven for one who prays 12 Rak'aat in a day and evening as follows: 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib Prayer, 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ Prayer and 2 before the Fajr Prayer." Narrated by at-Tirmizi under No. 380. He said: The Hadith narrated by ‘Anbasah quoting Umm Habibah in this chapter is a hassan and sahih hadith. It is under No. 6362 in Sahih al-Jaami’.

The ‘Asr (Late-Afternoon) Prayer has no routine Sunnah (basic recommended voluntary prayer). However, it is mustahab (preferable and recommended) that one prays 4 Rak'aat before the ‘Asr Prayer. The 4 Rak'ahs are of less reward and significance in importance of adhering to them compared to the "sunnan al-rawaatib" described above

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Well saying or recitation is same in all prayers and it is not done differently based on its being obligatory or regular or optional.
One Unit of Prayer (Rak'ah) constitutes certain actions: standing, bowing, prostrating, sitting, and prostrating.
If one misses an obligatory prayer due to sleep or forgetfulness, then the person must perform it a s soon as he/she wakes up or when he/she remembers it.

P.S.
Its not a recomendation but just an advice that initially you do the obligatory prayers and learn them well and yes if you find it easy to pray than you should pray the regular and optional prayers as well.

annamaria

dear sister are any mosques near you so you can get help there and you have many books on salat in english you can also buy the quran like a little recorder and you can hear it and repeat it starts with small surahs there are qurans with translation and how to say it in arabic go to a good muslim book shop and you will find it do not worry you will find the way if you need any help just ask

tanith

Thank you all for your welcomes and offers of help, it is so nice to have new friends in my new life. I am taking things one day at a time and one step at a timne. there is so much to learn. I am reading the basics of islam at the moment, about Muhammad etc. The boys in the local cafe go to the mosque in Stoke Newington but that is quite a way from me, I think there is one near Romford but I havent been up there to check yet.
The only shops I have found are online most are too far away from me to visit. I have some health problems that stop me going any distance, also I think I am going to find problems when I do eventually start to wear different clothes as I am 6ft tall and most places do not cater for muslims my height, not women anyway.
I have had some private messages and I will get back to those people when I need some more help. I am terrible at replying to messages and emails :redface:

nadya

romanian muslimah
as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
:SMILY206: to TTI, inshaAllah you’ll have a pleasant and long stay sister
rose1.gif

Looking forward your posts.

May ALLAH (swt) keep us all on the right path.

ama6621

Assalamu Alaikum sister
Alhamdullilah and congratulations to you sister for having found Islam. May Allah SWT always keep you on the right path and grant you success in this world and the hereafter. Ameen.

We would like to know the story of your reversion. Please update us when you find time.

Assalamu Alaikum