Hi

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Hi there everyone I'm new here. My name is Gareth and I'm 17 years old. I am interested in reverting to Islam but I am not sure how to go about doing so because of my lifestyle. I currently have a girlfriend and am due to go into the Army as a chef soon so I can't see how I can incorporate Islam into my life. I was raised as a Catholic but haven't really ever gone to church or anything. I believe that Islam is the true religion but I can't see how I could make it work! Any advice would be most appreciated.

Jessiely

Welcome InshaAllah!!!
May Allah guide you to the straight path. If you can go to visit a Mosque and speak to someone or Iman they will be happy to guide you. You can mentioned to them what is concerning you.

Do you know where is your nearest Mosque?

Wassalam

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
There unfortunately isn't a mosque near me to my knowledge. I think the nearest one to me is Manchester and that is over 20 miles away!

Jessiely

Its ok, you will get help from brother and sister here.
Have you read some info yet?

I'm a new just revert Islam 1 mth ago.

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Well I know the basics of Islam and I have read some of the Qu'ran. Any information you would recommend?

amaal30

manshallah brother!! what i would suggest you to do is join this fabolous site sunnahfollowers.net. They have teachers there that teach the quran and sunnah, they are qualified and cool. The site is like a class where you can interact with them at the convience of your home, and they will answer your questions on the spot. Alot of new reverts join the site all the time and its like one big family. they have classes everyday of the week and have specials too. once you see it you will be hooked, and they have a 2 week moto which they gurantee you will learn something within two weeks!! Its good for people born into islam too like me because i'm learning something everyday like the reverts. Well check it out and tell me how you like it

salaam

BinDre

Bored
There unfortunately isn't a mosque near me to my knowledge. I think the nearest one to me is Manchester and that is over 20 miles away!

Just a little bit of googling

Shahjalal Mosque > Religion in Chester area
Tel: 01244 379574 - 23 Clifton Drive, Blacon, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 5LT

Altrincham Muslim Association and The Islamic Cultural Centre
Grove Lane, Hale, Altrincham,
Cheshire, WA15 8JG, UNITED KINGDOM

Here another
too many for me to listed all

http://www.ufindus.com/mosque/chester

TiffanyM

Selaam Alaykum,

I understand your struggles last year I became muslim. I was raised christian in Georgia and after learning about Islam I knew this was the true religion. For many months I struggled with shaytan (devil) because I felt the same way you do. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to do everything I was suppose to do being a muslim. I was praying the Islamic way, dressing modestly, reading the Quran and lectures on Islam, but I still didn't take my Sahada. After a few weeks talking to fellow muslims I knew that I should take my Sahada because I wanted to be muslim in my heart. Dear brother just take everything slow your not required to be able to do everything as a new muslim. Just learn the basics at first and continue to build your Knowledge about Islam. Pray to Allah (God) to open your heart to the truth and to help you over come your fears. Once you make one step towards Allah your on the right path. If you have any questions don't hesistate to ask.

:tti_sister:

Alaykum Selaam,
Tiffany

Gareth

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamu Alaykum

Just to let you all know, I have decided to take my Shahada! I prayed Fajr prayer this morning and it felt right and I really felt connected with ALLAH {swt}. I also bought myself a translated copy of the Holy Qu'ran today and intend to begin reading it tonight InshALLAH.

All Praise Be To Almighty ALLAH

Walaikum Salam

Asalaam'alikum brother Gareth,

Mashallah! You've embraced a faith and a way of life that is complete in every sphere of life. You'll come across many rules (i.e. charity, friends, marriage, eating, etiquettes, etc) but it's very difficult to abide by everything at once. Don't stress. Be patient. Inshallah everything will unravel for you slowly.

From one brother to another.

Love

TheHumbleWun

cmelbouzaidi

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Congratulations brother Gareth and may Allah keep you on the straight path. I reverted from Catholicism when I was t
21 but that was a long time ago. My life has been on the up and up ever since. There are many young brothers on TTI that can give you some good advice Insha Allah.

Almaas

ALLAHUAKBAR!!!

Assalamu Alaykum

Just to let you all know, I have decided to take my Shahada! I prayed Fajr prayer this morning and it felt right and I really felt connected with ALLAH {swt}. I also bought myself a translated copy of the Holy Qu'ran today and intend to begin reading it tonight InshALLAH.

All Praise Be To Almighty ALLAH

Walaikum Salam

Salaam!

ALLAHUAKBAR!!!

Congrats bro, this is brilliant news! :ma:

I wish you all the best, May Allah (SWT) keep you on the straight path and guide you to paradise.

All the best.

Wsalaam.

Shaffie hassen

Selaam Alaykum,

I understand your struggles last year I became muslim. I was raised christian in Georgia and after learning about Islam I knew this was the true religion. For many months I struggled with shaytan (devil) because I felt the same way you do. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to do everything I was suppose to do being a muslim. I was praying the Islamic way, dressing modestly, reading the Quran and lectures on Islam, but I still didn't take my Sahada. After a few weeks talking to fellow muslims I knew that I should take my Sahada because I wanted to be muslim in my heart. Dear brother just take everything slow your not required to be able to do everything as a new muslim. Just learn the basics at first and continue to build your Knowledge about Islam. Pray to Allah (God) to open your heart to the truth and to help you over come your fears. Once you make one step towards Allah your on the right path. If you have any questions don't hesistate to ask.

Alaykum Selaam,
Tiffany
masha allah sister tiffany . i feel ashamed of myself when i compare myself with you guys the faith that you all have on allah. i was born and blessed to be a muslim but never realized how lucky i was. now i regret for wht i did in the past infact shedin tears now for my past life thanks to you guys i started & actin as a muslim. masha allah wht a change in my life has happend within a month ever since i left my country sri lanka. thanks to you guys...!!!!

Shaffie hassen

hey bro.

you hav done 75 % of becomin a muslim. cause you hav already decided to become a muslim allah will defintly help you to do the rest. although i havent seen you. i do ask dua for you. may allah show you the correct path ameen..!!!