Hi

lotus

Hi Everyone,

I want to tell you all this news...I said the shahada last night. I do believe with all of my heart and mind.

Navigating through various aspects of Islam will surely be a journey.

I haven't told anyone except you all!

However, I did email the Islamic Association in my city to inquire about going to the Mosque. The one I went to for my class is farther than this one. I would like to go to all 5 in my metro area and see which one I feel right in.

Aroosak

SubhanAllah sister!
May Allah make this transition easy for you...
Please feel free to contact me if you need any help or advice... We are all here to help you in this journey inshAllah
:blackhijab:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yay masha allah :)
May you always stay on the straight path. Ameen <3

Being a convert is not easy an easy road, but you'll make it my dearest sister. Just remember you're never alone. You have Allah subhana wa ta ala on your side and this blessed Ummah :)

lotus

Thank you!!

I have read through the prayers, did the beginner version of prayers in English (there's a link somewhere on this site to steps to learning the prayers). I would like to continue absorbing into worship of God that way (in English) to get the right discipline in my spirit and servitude. Little by little I can learn arabic. I've lived in the U.S. all of my life and speak only English. My identity resonates with English spoken prayers because that is what I understand!

How long shall I put off learning to recite the prayers in Arabic? ...Feedback is most welcome.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Thank you!!

I have read through the prayers, did the beginner version of prayers in English (there's a link somewhere on this site to steps to learning the prayers). I would like to continue absorbing into worship of God that way (in English) to get the right discipline in my spirit and servitude. Little by little I can learn arabic. I've lived in the U.S. all of my life and speak only English. My identity resonates with English spoken prayers because that is what I understand!

How long shall I put off learning to recite the prayers in Arabic? ...Feedback is most welcome.

You should probably start learning Al-Fatiah and some other major prayer in Arabic. But dont worry its not too hard as long as you have a good transliteration of it.
For me it was quite easy, and I've never had any education in Arabic.

auroran

:salam2:

Masha Allaah uhkti. You are now a sinless Muslim, like a newborn baby.

May Allaah keep you on the straight path and bless you with abundant knowledge of the deen, ameen.

World Peace

Islam is Light
Asalam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato sister Lotus

Ma sha Allah mabrook for reverting to Islam :) Alhamdo lillah, its wounderful news.

"Then those who believe in Allah, and hold fast to Him,- soon will He admit them to mercy and grace from Himself, and guide them to Himself by a straight way" (The Holy Quran, Chapter 4 , Verse 175)

"Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."
(The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara, Chapter 2 , Verse 277)

"For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the great Salvation" (The Holy Quran, Chapter 85 , Verse 11)

Hope you find the following useful:
Learn how to Pray - "through animated pictures and sound"
http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer/index.html

Please do not forget your brothers and sister's in your dua's :)

Wasalamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Thank you!!

As Sallamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Congratulations !

Hello Lotus,

Don't worry about learning to recite your prayers in Arabic. It will be very easy for you InshaAllah. When someone seeks to get closer to Allah azz zawajal and worship in the manner that He has commanded us to, He makes everything easy for us. This includes reciting prayers in Arabic. If the effort is made, it will be very easy for you to master.

We have lot of good links on TTI, that can assist anyone InshaAllah to perform prayers in Arabic. If you need further help or need clarification, we are here to offer you our help. :)

Some of the links :-

Learn to pray as the Prophet prayed

The right way to perform prayer

Btw most of the muslims across the world recite their prayers in Arabic and for the majority of muslims, Arabic is not a native tongue either.

noor aldeen

Hi Everyone,

I want to tell you all this news...I said the shahada last night. I do believe with all of my heart and mind.

However, I did email the Islamic Association in my city to inquire about going to the Mosque. The one I went to for my class is farther than this one. I would like to go to all 5 in my metro area and see which one I feel right in.

wellcom my sister lotus may allah guide you to strate path insha allah
i am so happy you enter islam faith
keep learing my sister >>>>

lotus

Thank you ilyas_eh, Aapa, Noor Aldeen, BrotherinIslam7, Tariq353, World Peace, and Fourteen!
I feel like I want to learn everything all at once, but I am setting goals and educating myself with so many available resources.
I'm strengthening my relationship with Allah, learning prayers right now, and sufficiently. Then I will focus on Islamic phrases and so forth.
I am open to all guidance from well meaning Muslims here. If any of you have any guidance of any kind please send me PM and talk with me.
Thank you again. :hijabi:

Haadiya

ALLAHu AKBAR SIS.

Welcome to the biggest happy family on earth.

You are now newborn, sinless human being sister.

hug from me.

likeali4life

Subhanallah on making Shahdah. May Allah increase you in faith, knowledge, learning and understanding Islam.

Learning arabic will be easy Inshallah :)

Golden_Green

''how long should you put off learning arabic?''

Many born muslims do not understand the arabic language, i personally use the english translation to understand the meaning of the Quran, however the salaat (your 5 daily prayers) must be done in arabic.

There are many ways you can do this. I have met people who it has taken a few hours to memorize the most important chapter in the Quran, Surah Fatiha. Others have told me they wrote the transliteration on a massive piece of paper, and placed that infront of them while they prayed. While learning these recitations in arabic, at the same time memorize their meaning. that way you getting the best of both worlds...

i tend to say 'Alhamdulillahi Rabil 'aalamen' and then pause and reflect on the meaning, and it is a condition in the salaat that we contemplate what we are reading.

i strongly recommend that u do not delay in learning to recite Al-Fatiha and one other short chapter in arabic, the two together may take u less than a day to learn, and will ensure that your daily compulsary prayers are done according to how the prophet taught us.

for suplications (du'aa), u can always do them in English, I still suplicate in English.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
May peace and blessing of Allah swt be upon you~Amin!

Hi Everyone,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

There is No god but Allah swt
And
The prophet Muhammad s.a.w is Allah swt messenger.

Welcome back to Islam sister
:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take Care!
~Wassalam :)