hijab as viewd by a musim

sudanesemuslim

salam

ok now i was watching the other day a debate on the hijab the weird thing is that they were all muslims except for the anchor but they were 5
one was a an anchor for a muslim tv show his name was tarik fatah who stated that muslim women should not wear the niqab in like tv areas and school but they can wear the hijab everywere.

the other was a writer for a newspaper in ottawa and i forgot hername and she stated it is upto them to wear it or not.

the other one was a women from harvard who said they should and it is their right

and the other onw was a convert to islam who stronly stated they should

and the last one was an irany muslimah SHE SAYS THAT and says women should not wear the HIJAB and THE NIQAB in places like TV SCHOOL LIBARY and etc... but they can wear it at home

so wich one do u guys agree with ?

Oem Soufiane

salaam aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

I am also a converted muslima and i know it is wajib/obligatory that we must wear it to cover ourselves, and i love to wear it, the veil is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars,Allahu alim, i am not wearing it, but i think it is beautiful if a sister is wearing it for the right reasons mashallah!!! the iranian woman is foolish, she needs to get some knowledge and taqwa, but this interview you are writing about is already discussed somewhere in this forum under the thread named: veil/hijab debate. It is in the Turntoislamlounge.

user expired!

asalaamualaikum,

why is it ok for a women to wear a miniskirt in public not a niqab?
why is it ok for people to smoke in public which can lead to non-smokers getting more ill then smokers but not a niqab?
why is it ok to drink and get drunk then get a free lift from the police to your doorstep in public but not wear a niqab?

............and the list goes on.

this is a free country and we are allowed to wear what we want.

and to the irany sister, why dont YOU wear hijab in public and not at home?
why would you want to cover yourselves at home.

does that mean we are only muslim at home and not outside?