Hijab for women, but what about men?

Joanna-Aisha

:salam2::hijabi:
Dear Sisters and Brothers :) I know that there exist some rules connected with clothes for women :) But what about the men? How should they look? Can they wear trousers shorter than their knees?Or they need to cover them? Let's say, how can modern and good Muslims look like? :muslim_child:
:salam2:

tarannumsamir

Hijaab for men
People usually only discuss ‘hijaab’ in the context of women. However, in the Glorious Qur’an, Allah (swt) first mentions ‘hijaab’ for men before ‘hijaab’ for the women. The Qur’an mentions in Surah Noor:
"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."
[Al-Qur’an 24:30]
The moment a man looks at a woman and if any brazen or unashamed thought comes to his mind, he should lower his gaze.
Hijaab for women.
The next verse of Surah Noor, says:
" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons..."
[Al-Qur’an 24:31]

Six criteria for Hijaab.
According to Qur’an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing hijaab:
1. Extent:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of ‘hijaab’.
All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.
2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.
3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.
4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.
5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.
6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers’ religions.

sha587

Shahid abdullah
Salam

According to Qur’an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing hijaab:
1. Extent:

The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from the navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and the hands upto the wrist. If they wish to, they can cover even these parts of the body. Some scholars of Islam insist that the face and the hands are part of the obligatory extent of ‘hijaab’.
All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.
2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.
3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.
4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.
5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.
6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically identities or symbols of the unbelievers’ religions.

Perfect

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LoL the basic "Hijab" for men would be to guard their modesty.

Like not show thier bodys off in front of women and girls, especially when they are young, cause it's obvious that most girls like guys who are young and stuff.

So:

They have to wear loose shirts.

Not drag their pants.

To wear their pants (mostly jeans) to their waist and not below their butt.

To not stick thier shirts up and let girls see their boxers and butt sticking out.

To make sure that to not take thier shirts off and show girls their body with thier tank tops on, because they can still see thier abs and chest, which many girls are gonna be looking at.

Man all American culture. Pretty bleh to me, LoL.

Joanna-Aisha

Like not show thier bodys off in front of women and girls, especially when they are young, cause it's obvious that most girls like guys who are young and stuff.

So:

Not drag their pants.

To not stick thier shirts up and let girls see their boxers and butt sticking out.

To make sure that to not take thier shirts off and show girls their body with thier tank tops on, because they can still see thier abs and chest, which many girls are gonna be looking at.

Brother, I really adore your description and answer :) :ma:Jazzakallah khair :) :muslim_child:

cmelbouzaidi

lol.. so true brother in NJ..... religious modesty aside, how do these guys not realize how comical they look as they trapse down the street with their pants waist at their thighs....they can hardly move for starters! i am a mother and i just think if that was my son going out looking like that :astag: he would be grounded..... permanently...lol! i wonder what will be the comical trend when he is a teenager in 8 years, Insha Allah!!

:wasalam:

So:

Not drag their pants.

muslimguy

here is a good answer of what a muslim should look like

[yt]0Grxb9P151w[/yt]

may allah guide us to the right path. ameen