hijab

maryem040

Assalamu Aleycom.

i want to know if the man in the family has right to say no if i want to take of my hijab.I started with my hijab 1993 and i got married in 1994.I did it because Qurane say so,and i want to feel i am a muslim.But many thing has happen on the way.I am sick in rheumatism and have sometime hard to put on my hijab,i have now al amira hijab.My fingers r not stronge and they r deform.bad english,sorry for that.

Just i say i lives in sweden,i have no job because of my health.But i go out alone all the time,i feel so scaread when i go out and this has come more after one attack frome and old man.He told me to go home and i should be shame,i started to shake a lot and cry after,is really hurt in my heart.i was so afraid so i tought i will never go out again.And til now 15 days i havent went outside.
I told my husbond whats happen,but he see no reason for me to take of my hijab,i told him dont u care of me?He refuse to talk about it.I cant also stand to see how people staring at me,sometime they say bad word,and i feel so sad,what have i done for only love Allah swt.

ma salam,maryem

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Salam awb sister,

I can understand how you might be feeling, however, I strongly agree with your husband and encourage you to continue wearing the hijab. One of my regrets in life was when I took the hijab off two weeks after wearing it. I was maybe 15 at the time, then when I turned 16 or 17, I wore the hijab for good alhamdula and I have never looked back. Its now been about 4 years that I've actually worn the scarf and I couldn't be any prouder. The more criticism you get from the people, the more reward you will get from Allah sw. Remember it's jihad, and we all know the rewards of jihad!
Anyways, may Allah sw help you and remember to stand up for what you believe even if it means torture, humiliation or degradation for the Prophet asw did.