Hiyab - Spanish Film about Hijab wearing school girl Fatima

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[imgleft]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/hiyab1.jpg[/imgleft]Hiyab - "Hijab" is a short Spanish film by Xavi Sala. This is a Fictional movie... It is around 7 minutes long and is set in Spain. It is about a Muslim girl who decides to wear the hijab. [SIZE=-1]A teacher convinces the young girl to remove her hiyab - but is she missing something? Film featured in the 2006 Krawkow Film festival as well as in [/SIZE]the 53rd Sydney Film Festival and others. Translation added by TurntoIslam team

[vg]-1252398287740175567[/vg]

Isotonic

:salam2:

I don't understand the ending here...after all the pressurising to take off the hijab outside the classroom and then she walks in and sees another girl wearing it!?! And no explanation given as to why the difference!?!

Is that deliberate to make the whole film a "talking point"?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Isotonic said:

I don't understand the ending here...after all the pressurising to take off the hijab outside the classroom and then she walks in and sees another girl wearing it!?! And no explanation given as to why the difference!?!

Is that deliberate to make the whole film a "talking point"?

:wasalam:

Wa alaykum Salam,

This is a movie. Its about double standards. The people in the class are not Muslims, there are no girls with hijab, she is wearing bandana.... they wear whatever fashion they want to wear, but the girl can not wear her Muslim clothes.

wasalam

Isotonic

oh i see! that makes more sense!

i think that the double standards and intolerance that western institutions shows towards Muslims wouldn't be tolerated by any other group...so why do Muslims put up with it?

shouldn't we be using these so called "democratic rights" to insists on equality before the law?

also i think the public at large need to be re-educated about islam - it's values and history - by Muslims taking the lead. that's what alot of this fear, hate and intolerance comes from - ignorance. otherwise they will get their "education" from the [biased] media at large which helps to create and perpetrate these misconceptions.

B.H.

I think part of the reason the powers that be in Western countries oppose girls wearing the headscarf is nothing other than to break down religion and make it subservient to the government. Islam is one of the last religions on earth that teaches we are to submit to God and obey him regardless of what a government says. In lots of European countries and America to a lesser extent the churches and synagoges no longer try ot buck the government much anymore--they may oppose some action or practice by the government but it is only lip opposition. the government wants religion to be weak and for believers to think their loyalty to God is overruled loyalty to the state. Secular westerners will yell and holler that such is not true, but look at the results. This is the main reason why people in the west oppose sharia, the concept of church telling state what to do and not reverse, ect. They want a government telling them what they have to do and not God, because a government will reflect their own vanity and weaknesses wheras God will hold them accountable for their vanity.

They are starting with the schoolkids wearing hijaab. Why? Kids are more impressionable and if you can condition kids into thinking the government can tell you what you can or can't do religiously speaking they will grow up and think like that as adults.

danial

for 7 minutes, the film made no sense to me. but in 10 seconds reading mabsoot's comment, it all made sense.ahah

Sophie

I think part of the reason the powers that be in Western countries oppose girls wearing the headscarf is nothing other than to break down religion and make it subservient to the government. Islam is one of the last religions on earth that teaches we are to submit to God and obey him regardless of what a government says. In lots of European countries and America to a lesser extent the churches and synagoges no longer try ot buck the government much anymore--they may oppose some action or practice by the government but it is only lip opposition. the government wants religion to be weak and for believers to think their loyalty to God is overruled loyalty to the state. Secular westerners will yell and holler that such is not true, but look at the results. This is the main reason why people in the west oppose sharia, the concept of church telling state what to do and not reverse, ect. They want a government telling them what they have to do and not God, because a government will reflect their own vanity and weaknesses wheras God will hold them accountable for their vanity.

They are starting with the schoolkids wearing hijaab. Why? Kids are more impressionable and if you can condition kids into thinking the government can tell you what you can or can't do religiously speaking they will grow up and think like that as adults.
:salam2: I am in complete agreement with you.Very well stated.:hijabi:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Ya Allah!! Even her parents did not want her to wear it!! Being muslim is a crime these days,:astag: !! My daughters who are 12 and 8 wear their hijabs at school(public school), and have had absolutely no problems at all!! They are actually the best students in their class, Alhamdullilah!! It their personality and their behavior which make them stand out more than anything. Everyone loves them. The students just basically ask questions, because they are curious, but nothing mean or hurtful has ever happened, :ma: !! My girls watched this with me to show them how ignorant people are. They said that they would not have taken it off, Subhanallah!! Ignorance is contagious!!

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
i dont know about Spanish countries whether they are tolerance towards Muslims or not but in Europe people are very against muslims, i no this because a lot of my relatives who live there and say Europeans are really races towards hijabis:hijabi: :blackhijab: :girl3: