Homemade Sweets

xAllahKnowsBestx

Fresh means it grows in garden. Dried tea is not same. Need to pick it just when dew has rosen to leaves.

Haha then I should stop by your garden sometime Sister Harb :p

By the way, I made those brownies for the bake sale today and sold them ALL at school. Alhamdulillah :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Haha then I should stop by your garden sometime Sister Harb :p

By the way, I made those brownies for the bake sale today and sold them ALL at school. Alhamdulillah :)

Salam alaukum

You are the most welcome to my garden (now its under snow).

Nice to know that now Finnish soft brownies are famous also in the USA.:muslim_child:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
One day those brownies will be famous in Asia too, if I can just get the cocoa powder - what luck, I keep forgetting to get it. And the shop I went to last week only had "drinking chocolate" which is cocoa pwd + sugar. But I want the real one so I didn't get it. By the time I make it I will need two fresh slabs of 100g butter as well. Probably when I get that stuff, sugar will have run out. This is crazy!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Made the brownies. They turned out okay, but there were a few technical difficulties..

1. While baking them, 10 minute into the oven there was a power outage... but the electricity came back half an hour later. I don't think they were affected that much.
2. The sugar we have here is crystals. I ground it in the mixer-blender a lot till it was as fine as could be... but still, you could tell a bit of the sugar in the cake... and the glazing was completely um.... crispy.

So now I have lots of crispy brownies with sugar crunchiness. I failed in the brownie lesson. Sorry Sister Harb.. I should've used brown sugar for the icing.... oops... good reminder to me for next time.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Finnish "Nekku"

100 ml whipping cream
100 ml single cream
200 ml sugar
200 ml (dark) molasse
1 tablespoon butter
100 ml almond (crushed) - you can leave it away if you like

Mix creams, sugar and molasse in the pan, stiring it all the time. It can boil strongly 30 minutes. It is ready when you drop it a little to cold water and it stiffen and you can roll from it a ball.
Add butter (and crushed almond). Stir carefully.
Share to little paper flows.
Let to harden in cold and dry place over night.

image.php

I have also recipe for homemade milk chocolate nut fudge but I need to translate it first...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Milk chocolate nut fudge

maitosuklaafudge.jpg

200 g milk chocolate
3 dl (300 ml) whipped cream
3 dl (300 ml) sugar
3 tablespoon honey
50 g butter
1,5 dl (150 ml) crushed hazelnuts

Crush milk chocolate.
Put cream and sugar to thick-based pan. Heat mixture until it will boils up. Add honey and butter.
Let it boils slowly until it will thicken and temperature is +116 degrees of Celsius. If you haven´t suitable thermometer, test as drop a little amount of it to cold water. If drops solidify, mixture is ready.
Add crushed milk chocolate and hazelnut. Beat up few minutes.
Pour it to pan (18 x 18 cm) covered by greaseproof paper. Put it to fridge until it is solidify.
Cut by sharp, oiled knife pieces like 2 x 2 cm. Keep in fridge.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I think me and sister AllahKnowsBest keep visiting sister harb's recipes like ants on sugar. And I don't even like sweets that much, but these recipes are great.

Sister harb, is it whipped cream, the foamy one? Or whipping cream, the liquid one? Because how can you measure whipped cream since it has such a fluffy volume (and it would stick so much when measuring anyway).

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Its other name would be as double cream, so that one you could whip (for cakes) - but not of course whip it in this recipe. So maybe whipping cream is better word.

Hopely I managed to explain that cream better to little ants...

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister, you have a knack of putting up the most appropriate pictures at all times. Made me laugh out loud.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Chocolate-vanilla bars

nanaimob.jpg

bottom:
90 g butter
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of vanilla sugar
1 egg
about 300 ml finely crushed Digestive biscuits (about 9 biscuits) (McVitie's, LU)
about 180 ml finely shredded, unsweetened desiccated coconut
about 90 ml chopped walnuts or pecan nuts

vanilla topping:
3 tbsp butter
about 2 tbsp milk
5 - 6 tsp vanilla sugar of top quality
about 300 ml icing sugar

chocolate icing:
90 g sweet or semisweet dark chocolate
15 g butter

For the bottom, mix the crushed biscuits, coconut and nuts in a bowl and set aside. Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl set over a hot water bath. Add the lightly whisked egg and gently heat and stir the mixture until melted, smooth and slightly thickened.

Stir in the dry ingredients. Pour the mixture in an unbuttered, small square or rectangular cake pan and press into a 2 - 2½ centimetres thick layer. Cover and refrigerate until cool and firm.

For the vanilla topping, combine the butter and the milk in a small saucepan and gently heat and stir until the butter has melted. Add the sugars through a sieve and stir until smooth.

The topping should be rather thick and stiff, so add some more icing sugar, if necessary, but not too much, since the mixture will further stiffen when refrigerated. If the topping is too thick, add some more milk. Spread the topping evenly on the cool cookie bottom, cover and refrigerate until firm.

For the chocolate icing, chop the chocolate, cut the butter in smaller pieces and place them in a small bowl over a hot (not boiling) water bath. Without stirring, let the chocolate and butter melt completely, then stir them gently until smooth.

Pour and spread the mixture evenly over the vanilla topping, working fast so that the chocolate will not set too quickly or mix with the vanilla topping underneath. Cover the pan and place in refrigerator until the chocolate layer is cool and firm. Cut the cake in rectangular bars and serve as a sweet snack or dessert with tea, coffee or ice-cold milk.

teeth-smiley.gif

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Nougat with nuts
(Nougat blanc)

nougat.jpg

125 g honey
2 egg whites
125 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar or essence
100 g blanched almonds
150 g mixed nuts — pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashew nuts etc

Spread the almonds (and other nuts, if using any) evenly on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and toast them in oven at 175 °C for 5 - 10 minutes or until they are very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

Place the honey, sugar and egg whites in a thick-bottomed saucepan and stir until mixed. Cook the mixture over a very low heat, stirring continually, until it thickens and turns ivory white. This will take for about 20 minutes. Be very careful not to burn the mixture. It is best to mix it with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, constantly scraping the bottom of the pan with it, to prevent burning.

To test whether the nougat mixture has cooked sufficiently, drop a small amount of it into ice-cold water — if it immediately hardens, the nougat is done. Remove the saucepan from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla sugar or essence, the almonds and mixed nuts.

Cover the work surface with some icing sugar, pour the nougat on and quickly form it into a ball. Then press the nougat tightly into a small tin lined with lightly buttered parchment paper. Cover with another paper, place some weight on top and let cool completely. Cut the cold nougat into bars and store in tightly sealed jar.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Cocoa-Date-Peanut Balls

peanut-butter-balls-recipe-DSC_4617.jpg

½ cup dates, pitted, chopped
1 cup powdered peanuts
2 tablespoons cacao powder
½ teaspoon cardamom
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon water

1. Place dates, peanuts, cacao powder, vanilla, cardamom and water in a food processor
2. Pulse on high speed until smooth
3. Remove mixture from food processor and roll into little balls

You can roll them in the icing sugar or minced peanuts or almonds.

Note: if your dates are dry, add up to one additional tablespoon of water so they hold together better.

Keep in the fridge.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I think me and sister AllahKnowsBest keep visiting sister harb's recipes like ants on sugar. And I don't even like sweets that much, but these recipes are great.

Wa 'alaykum assalam.

I open this thread. Stare at the pictures. Realize I don't have the ingredients.. or what it takes not to burn the house down. Stare at the pictures again. Cry. And leave. :p haha