Ingredients:
•1 2/3 cups sugar
•½ cup water
•2 T. agar flakes
•2 large egg whites
•Pinch of cream of tartar
•3 T. Egg Replacer
Preparation:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water and agar flakes, stirring well to dissolve. Stirring constantly, bring the liquid to a boil and then turn down the heat to low. Let the liquid simmer for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is the consistency of a thick syrup. Remove the saucepan from the heat.

2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs whites and the cream of tartar at a medium-high speed setting until the whites are fluffy and hold stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in 1 T. of the Egg Replacer.

3. Carefully and in three additions, pour the warm syrup down the side of the mixing bowl into the egg whites, mixing well between each addition with the hand mixer at a medium speed setting. Add the remaining 2 T. Egg Replacer and continue to mix at a medium speed until the mixture is glossy and stiff, about 2 more minutes.

4. Spread the mixture into a non-stick 8” cake pan, or, alternatively, an 8” cake pan lined with parchment. Place pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight. The mixture can now be used in place of marshmallow fluff in recipes or used to make vegetarian marshmallows.

To make toasted marshmallows:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.

2. Place the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until marshmallows have puffed slightly and begin to brown but are not hard on the outside. Use with Dairy-free Graham Crackers and dairy-free chocolate to make s'mores, or just enjoy them on their own!

User Reviews

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I have no fondness for marshmallows. All my life they were haraam, so I never tried them. One day I ate some halal marshmallows, and all I could say was that they tasted like sponge dipped in sugar.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Than*!*!*! for sharing!

:salam2:

Fanastic! never heard of vegetable mashmallow!Must try insya allah!But honestly can tell from the look of it it taste grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :mashallah: sister Thank you for sharing this beautiful recipe:SMILY252:

:tti_sister:May Allah swt reward you for this~Amin!

Thank you,

Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

~Happy Friday N~Happy Weekend!!!~