'Hoori' women in da paradise A QUESTION!

adilazzalif

t is said in the Quran that HOORIS will be of "fair skin". Does this not imply a bit of a racial element or has this been taken out of context? i.e. if fair skin is the absolute achievement with regards to hooris can this not have a connotation on people with none-fair skin in the world? i.e. why "fair" skinned hooris and not any other skinned?

i.e. does it really matter what skin colour you have, why does the Quran clearly mention "fair" skinned femails will be in heaven?

:astag:THE QUESTION IS NOT MINE

I found this Q in another discussion but the answers were not satisfactory and authentic.But i'm sure the TTI family is wise n i'm confident of getting da a good discussion :)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Dear bro/sis..

Almost every in Jannah already exists here in this life, but in a different form.

The fair skin of a "Hooria" is nothing like the fair skin of a human being.

In Jannah there's a river of wine, but that wine is nothing like the wine in this life.

In Jannah there's a river of Honey, but it is nothing like the honey in this life..

In this Verse:
Therein (Gardens) will be Khairâtun-Hisân [fair (wives) good and beautiful]. (55:70)

Fair doesnt mean fair skin, as in white skin or light colored skin, Fair here means fairly beautiful.
In arabic it says "Hisan" (Fair beauty as translated).

This is the reason why i'v been telling everybody to learn arabic first, before you go reading and misunderstand what you read, which will cause you great confusion.

adilazzalif

Dear bro/sis..

Almost every in Jannah already exists here in this life, but in a different form.

In Jannah there's a river of wine, but that wine is nothing like the wine in this life.

In Jannah there's a river of Honey, but it is nothing like the honey in this life..

In this Verse:
Therein (Gardens) will be Khairâtun-Hisân [fair (wives) good and beautiful]. (55:70)

Fair doesnt mean fair skin, as in white skin or light colored skin, Fair here means fairly beautiful.

This is the reason why i'v been telling everybody to learn arabic first, before you go reading and misunderstand what you read, which will cause you great confusion.
Brother BOMESARY your answer doesnt solve the question insted it adds to the Question only !! fairly beautiful Dosent it mean fair is beauty in the concept of paradise.
Also the Questioner does not know arabic.

daywalker

“With them, there shall be wide-eyed damsels, whose gazes are ever lowered.” These women will be so pure, beautiful and attractive, that it will seem “As if they are well preserved eggs.” This denotes that they will be protected against all evils and will be pure. The Arabs commonly described beautiful women as eggs.

Allaah says in Surah Rahmaan that these damsels will be like rubies and pearls. Some commentators say that since extremely white women (resembling the colour of eggs) are disliked by many, the women of Jannah will vary according to the taste of people. Some will have the reddish shade of rubies, while others will have different complexions.

The verse also says that these women will cast their gazes downwards, which denotes that they will be modest and will have eyes only for their husbands. [Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Abbaas (R.A)]

We have to remember, Jannah is NOTHING like how we have imagined so to draw comparisons with things in this dunya is foolhardy in my humble opinion.

As it has been allready said that it depend on the personal choice bro. Most of the people like fair skin. But if anybody wants, he will also get chochlate skin inshallah, no doubt =)

May allah grant us all Jannah.

binte-AkhlaqAhmd

LoVe AlLaH aLlWaYs..
:salam2:

what i think is that every person get attracted towards beauty....so thats why ALLAH wants to attract us towards JANNAH...
ALLAH knows are nature...the thing we get attract.....
if HE would be saying there will be a black hoora`s n instead of greenery ,trees there would be a huge hot rocks......so maybe no one of us wants to go in JANNAH:astag:
i dont know i hav cleared u or not?

eemaan1

what i think is that every person get attracted towards beauty....so thats why ALLAH wants to attract us towards JANNAH...
if HE would be saying there will be a black hoora`s n instead of greenery ,trees there would be a huge hot rocks......so maybe no one of us wants to go in JANNAH:astag:

And what wrong with a black hoori?!!!!!! i will thank you to keep your views to yourself!!! some of us are black and we like black hooris or spouses thank you very much!

Sheba770

hoori women

I think they probably meant women who have flawless radiant skin that resemble their soul...regardless of colour.

Sheba

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Sobhanallah Sister!!!

What would be wrong with black hooris???...all of us sisters will be queens of jannah inshallah...and even the hooris will envy us for our beauty whatever their color will be...so why the specifications???...The creation of Allah is beatiful regardless of *anything and everything*...please refrain from the use of terminology with inclinations that a Muslim should never utter or think of baraka allaho feeki...

As for the person who asked the question..I have read that the skin of the hooris will be so pure it will be see-through..as in a husband will look at his wive's leg and see the meat and bone of it...therefore their "fairness" (if put under the "complexion" context in our "donya comprehension") is not like the fairness of a woman from scotland or sweden or holland...and what not..and like brother bo-mshary said as well..the word *hisan* simply means beatiful in Arabic..but the translation has slightly skewed the meaning...

if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask

Take Care

binte-AkhlaqAhmd

LoVe AlLaH aLlWaYs..
And what wrong with a black hoori?!!!!!! i will thank you to keep your views to yourself!!! some of us are black and we like black hooris or spouses thank you very much!

Sobhanallah Sister!!!

What would be wrong with black hooris???...all of us sisters will be queens of jannah inshallah...and even the hooris will envy us for our beauty whatever their color will be...so why the specifications???...The creation of Allah is beatiful regardless of *anything and everything*...please refrain from the use of terminology with inclinations that a Muslim should never utter or think of baraka allaho feeki...

As for the person who asked the question..I have read that the skin of the hooris will be so pure it will be see-through..as in a husband will look at his wive's leg and see the meat and bone of it...therefore their "fairness" (if put under the "complexion" context in our "donya comprehension") is not like the fairness of a woman from scotland or sweden or holland...and what not..and like brother bo-mshary said as well..the word *hisan* simply means beatiful in Arabic..but the translation has slightly skewed the meaning...

if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask

Take Care

I am so so sorry if I hurt you.... I didnot exactly mean that black ppl are not good, I myself am not much fair... My answer was according to the question... If I hurt u than am sorry again...any attack on the race or colour was not intended

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Dear bro/sis..

In this Verse:

MashaAllah,wonderful reply by brother Bo...
I would like to add to it that paradise is a fulfillment of whatever hearts desire:
Allah says in the Qur'an :Surah: 43. az-Zukhruuf

68. My devotees! no fear shall be on you that Day nor shall ye grieve

69. (Being) those who have believed in Our Signs and bowed (their wills to Ours) in Islam.

70. Enter ye the Garden ye and your wives in (beauty and) rejoicing.

71. To them will be passed round dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye).

Also in the Qur'an is:Surah: 78.an-Naba'

31. Verily for the righteous there will be a fulfillment of (the Heart's) desires;
So we see the basic point is that paradise is the fulfillment of what heart desires.
:wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Dear bro/sis..

In this Verse:

As-Salamu Alaikum

I will quote Brother Bomesharys Post because the explanation was good and I will like to add to it.

Even though the transliteration used was fair you have to know what fair means first of all used in this context. When you use words we are all aware that they have different meanings so we can not just pick and choose what we want of the meanings and assume what they mean especially when dealing with the arabic language.

Now to further support the arabic meaning of the word "Hisan" which the brother was mentioning to mean fair beauty is what is means in english as well. If you go and look up the word fair in english the merriam-webster dictionary the word fair is first defined as "pleasing to the eye or mind especially because of fresh, charming, or flawless quality". Which defintely goes along with the ayah you are referencing in displaying the beauty of the Hoori. Inshallah that answers your question.

Inshallah we can all try to learn arabic to better understood Quran and increase of knowledge in our deen with the correct understandings.

Wasalam Amirah

Searching_soul

I don't know if im going out of topic but :) i kinda think that jannah won't be restricted to 3 Dimensional viewing/landscape as we have in this life. i think its higher in dimensions. Because when you take an object or a body and make it 2D (or less than 3D) it becomes sorta disfigured, but when you increase the dimensions, the body becomes more clearer and hence MORE BEAUTIFUL :)
My bro was doing software engineering and he was working on programming on objects of higher dimensions, and he said, as dimensions increase, the object becomes transparent. Maybe thats why the hooris will be so FAIR (Transparent and not colour wise) that even their bone marrows can be seen by their husbands.
So i guess will all be in Higher dimensions than 3D that we are living in, so every object will be much clearer and Beautiful to see. And we'll be also more beautiful/handsome although we'll have the same body that we had on earth :). I don't know, its just my viewpoint :)
ALLAHU A'lam

:wasalam:

hassana elkoussi

I wonder why we are arguing over a question that is considered 'ghaib"-( that which is unseen and unknown to us ) - and the belief in which is considered a prerequisite of our eman as is indicated in the third ayah of surat Al Baqqara.Besides , the Prophet ( PBUH) said in describing Paradise , that we'll see there what no eye has witnessed before, and hear what no ear has heard before and even find what has never crossed the mind of any human. Well, Hoories are creatures of Paradise( so their beauty, too, cannot be imagined) so even if we are given a slight description of them, we'll never be able to imagine how they look like. Being "fair" is just a clue for our limited knowledge that they are beautiful and NO RACISM could ever be imagined to be implied:astag:, since Allah swt says in the Holy Qur'an in Surat Al Hujurat that the most honourabe people to Allah are the most pious.

Dear brothers and sisters , i honestly mean no offence , but there are millions of other issues that need be discussed to imporove the present state of the Ummah, I personally believe that such ghaib matters have just to be accepted as they are . Being ignorant of some of these details is what scholars called " ignorance that won't harm and knowledge that wont't lead to any benefit

Again, no offence meant .:salam2:

Almeftah

As-Salamu Alaikum

I will quote Brother Bomesharys Post because the explanation was good and I will like to add to it.

Even though the transliteration used was fair you have to know what fair means first of all used in this context. When you use words we are all aware that they have different meanings so we can not just pick and choose what we want of the meanings and assume what they mean especially when dealing with the arabic language.

Now to further support the arabic meaning of the word "Hisan" which the brother was mentioning to mean fair beauty is what is means in english as well. If you go and look up the word fair in english the merriam-webster dictionary the word fair is first defined as "pleasing to the eye or mind especially because of fresh, charming, or flawless quality". Which defintely goes along with the ayah you are referencing in displaying the beauty of the Hoori. Inshallah that answers your question.

Inshallah we can all try to learn arabic to better understood Quran and increase of knowledge in our deen with the correct understandings.

Wasalam Amirah

Thank you sister Amirah..

And generaly speaking.. In Jannah, each one of us will see things in the way that he/she pleases the most, You should also know that no matter how old you are, All people in Jannah will be at the age of 33. and things are unimaginably different in Jannah.

May Allah place us all in Jannah.

adilazzalif

Thank you sister Amirah..

And generaly speaking.. In Jannah, each one of us will see things in the way that he/she pleases the most, You should also know that no matter how old you are, All people in Jannah will be at the age of 33. and things are unimaginably different in Jannah.

May Allah place us all in Jannah.
brother Bomeshary should explain the words he has written (The age factor of ppl in jannah is 33)

daywalker

brother Bomeshary should explain the words he has written (The age factor of ppl in jannah is 33)

what is there to need explain?

Mu'adh ibn Jabal narrated: The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, beardless, with their eyes annointed with kohl and aged 30 or 33 years. [Tirmidhi]

adilazzalif

what is there to need explain?

Mu'adh ibn Jabal narrated: The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless, beardless, with their eyes annointed with kohl and aged 30 or 33 years. [Tirmidhi]
jazakallah brother DAYWALKER