How big is the universe???

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

Allah subhanahu wete'ala says in the quraan

[Ahqaf 46:3] We did not create the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with the truth, and for a fixed term; and the disbelievers have turned away from what they are warned!

Verily in the heavens and the earth are signs for those who believe. And in the creation of yourselves, and the fact that animals are scattered (through the earth), are signs for those of assured faith. And in the alternation of night and day, and that fact that Allah sends down sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the change of the winds, are signs for those who are wise" (45:3-5).

"It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course" (21:33).

"the heavens and the earth were joined together as one unit, before We clove them asunder" (21:30)

"The heavens, We have built them with power. And verily, We are expanding it" (51:47)

"Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54).

a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47)

"settled Himself upon the Throne" (57:4)

"We created the heavens and the earth adn all that is between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us" (50:38).

"He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne. He knows what enters within the heart of the earth, and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven, and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wherever you may be. And Allah sees well all that you do" (57:4).

"What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of Allah's majesty, seeing that it is He Who has created you in diverse stages? See you not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another, and made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (glorious) lamp? And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing (gradually)" (71:13-17).

"Oh humankind! We created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured among you in the sight of Allah is the who is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)" (49:13).

Here is a little video to see aproximatelly the size of our universe. Then ask yourself, subhanAllah if this is so great, how great is our Lord? May He be glorified and above all errors that people attach to Him azza wajal.

[yt]BGxRWCmwSDE[\yt]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BGxRWCmwSDE

please turn the sound of as there is music which is not necesarry as there is no speach in the video.

Allah knows best

wassalam

muharram23

Staff member
salaam alaikum

and some humans have the nerve to believe we are the only planet to exist with life.

Salamu alaykum

i thought you were gonna say this " and some humans have the nerve to believe that Allah subhanahu wete'ala doesn't exist" :).

wasalam

AlwaysStriving

How can some people even think of labeling this as an "accident", that occurred without a plan???? Stumps me!

Great video and topic, jazakallahu khayrun! :)

ohhockleng

I was amaze how some people can be so ignorant. They just live their live like that without wanting to find out the truth of life.

Achmat_Samsodien

Interesting Fact

:salam2:

I've been listening to many lectures by Imaam Anwar-Al-Awlaki, specifically his series on the hereafter. The thing is we cannot comprehend the size of our universe, we are but a mere spec in the galaxy and the true knowledge of our galaxy lies with Allah aza-wajjal. An example, we have a solar system which consists of planets and stars.Our solar system is but a mere dot in one the milky ways, yes there is much more than one milky way. Also we cannot see dark matter and that constitutes a greater part of the galaxy. The milky way forms a cluster of galaxies and those clusters each contain there own stars planets etc etc. It is said that this is the lowest heaven now can we comprehend the size? In Jannah the lowest level consists of 10x the size of the lowest level, Allahu Akbar!

It is said that the universe is expanding, Allah mentions this in the Quraan and scientists took a while to figure that one out.
Allah also mentions the "BIG CRUNCH" the ultimate destruction of the universe, a theory also postulated by scientists. I cannot even begin to understand the intricacies of the entire situation but I have a basic understanding and it just proves to me that the Quraan is the word of the Allah. Lesson 1 in Aqeedah:
Allah was and there was nothing before him.

I hope this makes sense cause sometimes my thoughts are all over the place, hahahaha.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All the things we know about the human body, Animals, Plantes, Planets, Rocks, Oceans, Earth and Skys, Are considered nothing beside those of which we dont know about..

Subhana Allah..

and of knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little. (17:85)

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum

All praise is due to Allah (swt) Lord of the worlds.

SubhanAllah! I've been meaning to post this video for a lil while now but never got round to it.. I've edited this video, I'll add some of those ayahs InshaAllah, and post it up soon InshaAllah..