How can I wake up for fajr??

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2: my dear brothers and sisters. I have a little problem with waking up for fajr. I don't have an alarm clock and and my parents tell me to wake up by myself. It's really hard to wake up by myself when I sleep so late. And staying up very late for me is something I can't stop. I don't want to show off right now but my prayers take very long, due to the fact I am scared if my prayer is accepted or not. Ever since I discovered the punishment for unacceptable prayers, I began to take very long when praying. Anyway, sometimes I wake up right when Fajr is over and I try to make up for it untilmy mom told me that I should not do the quzah prayer in the morning because there is one time in the morning where doing the sajda is so bad that it might take away all of your prayers.

Now im in a very sticky situation and don't know what to do. Please help me my beloved brothers and sisters in Islam.

Also, sometimes I do wake up for fajr, alhumdulillah, but my parents wake up very late and sometimes I want to wake them up because I sometimes fear they won't wake up. If I don't wake them up, is there a sin upon me?

Thankx.

:wasalam::hijabi:

hassana elkoussi

Well, sister, if u have a true intention of waking up for fajr prayer, then read the last four ayahs of surat "Al Kahf." It helps a lot , but make sure u do it with certainty & let me know how it works with u.

:salam2:

Steve940

There is a program that automatically plays the adhan when it's time for prayer. You have to give it the information of your city and country so that it's accurate for your area. If it's hard to wake up you can leave your computer on overnight and it will automatically play the adhan for fajr, just make sure to have the volume up loud enough to wake you.

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&site...761.html?spi=a141e23a46cb11d4ac1c12dc531a94de

Hope this helps

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Salam, thankx Steve940 for that wonderful idea but the problem is that I have a baby sister and im too scared that she will wake up because of the adhan and im not sure my family will allow it anyway. this is wat i call a sticky situation. you see, my family isn't worried about this like me because they wake up by themselves. but thanx anyway.

wasalam.

quraan & sunnah

Assalaamualaekum
Good to hear you take care of your prayers like you do. However, when you say your prayers take a long time, what are we talking? How much do u pray 4 ur isha prayer?
Remember, isha is 4 rakah fard, then ur sunnah and if you fear not being able to wake for tahajjud, then pray ur witr b4 sleeping.
Do not over burden ur self with nawaafil if it stops you getting up for Fajr, which is a Fard prayer and you are sinning if you miss it.
Also, you must pray a prayer (when missed) as soon as u remember. There are certain rulings regarding the missing of prayers (intentionally or unintentionally) so one should safeguard as much as possible.
Allahu aalam if there is sin on you for not waking ur parents, but the prophet said, " u r not a believer if you do not want for your brother (muslim or muslimah) what you want for yourself.
We want the best for our parents especially, and we should not fear in waking them for an obligatory duty to Allaah
May Allaah make us from the righteous and successful ones

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
One thing that I used to help me wake up for Fajr is that I drink 3-4 cups of water before I go to sleep, so then I'll wake up so I can use the bathroom at night. If you wake up before Fajr, like 2:00-3:00 o'clock, it's alright because in that time you can do Tahajudd, read Quran, and Qiyamul Layl, and during Qiyamul layl Allah Ta Alla goes down into the lower heavens of jannah and accepts his Ebadih's duas, when only 1/3 of the night remains. As written in Sahih Al Bukari. *nods head*

But remember not to drink too much water or you won't be able to go to sleep, so jsut drink 3 glasses of water. But this is just something as an "in-case" to help you wake up. But remember that before you go to sleep, ask Allah Ta Alla to make you wake up for Fajr, and to DO Fajr, because at times you're Nafs can take over your mind, and when you wake up Shaytaan has the best Waswasa control over you, since your mental state is vulnerable at that time, but also remember to go to sleep with Eman, and wake up with Eman.

When you wale up, if you remember Quran, or if you can hear the Azaan in your mind, then you WILL wake up with Eman.

[yt]ccU1BtrG8eE[/yt]

But this idea is not gurantee, but if you have the intention to wake up, Allah Ta Alla looks at your intention first. And I remember one instance with me one night 2 weeks ago when I thought that I should go tell my sister to tell my mom to wake me up for Fajr, but then I thought to myself, "No, Allah Ta Alla shall wake me up for Fajr," and that is FIRM beleif, and FIRM Eman, and Mashallah I was able to wake up for Fajr 4 hours later.

Another thing sister is that it's best to sleep from 11:00-12:00 to wake up after 4-6 hours, and not after twelve or one o clock, becuase you can fall into deep sleep.

Another thing that I suggest is that your bed isn't too soft and comfortable, or then you won't be able to wake up for Fajr, and IF you wake up, then Iblis will pounce on your Nafs and the comfortableness will make you decide to go to sleep and "wake up after 5 minutes," which doesn't always happen.

Unfortuantely I don't always wake up for Fajr, and when I do, Iblis has too much control on my mind, and I collapse into deep sleep. That's the ultimate test for me, waking up for Fajr, and that is the 2nd greatest thing that destinguishes a Mumin from a Munafiq (the 1st greatest thing that distinguishes between a Mumin and a Munafiq is the battlefeild).

And Allahu At'laam.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

The waking up for Fajr problem, i had this too, it's difficult but seeking Allah's Help it is easy.

First:

I suggest you watch this video, i remember watching it:

[yt]t0kiiW5m1pE[/yt]

Second:

If a person missed a the scheduled prayer.Is it necessary to still pray it at another time. For example if I missed the fajr prayer can I still pray it later on?

Praise be to Allaah.

The answer to this question may be found in the following ahaadeeth:

Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you sleeps and misses a prayer, or forgets it, then let him pray it as soon as he remembers, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… and perform al-salaah for My remembrance.’ [Ta-Ha 20:14]” (Reported by Muslim, 1104).

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets the prayer, let him pray as soon as he remembers, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… and perform al-salaah for My remembrance.’ [Ta-Ha 20:14]” (Reported by Muslim, 1097).

Anas ibn Maalik reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer, let him pray it as soon as he remembers, for there is no expiation for it except this.” (Reported by Muslim, 1102).

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2461

Third:

As Brother Abdul Hasib stated, make Du'a to Allah, that He helps you to rise for the prayer, make sure you sleep early, that's what i am going to do soon, Insha'Allaah.

May Allah make it easy for us all to rise for the Fajr prayer and protect us from the Shaytaan.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salam

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

I had this problem too, can you use your phone (mobile) as an alarm clock thats what i do.

user expired!

First make the intention for waking up and make Du'aa! Loads and Loads.

Second if you are sleeping very late then why not stay up for Fajr and pray then go to bed as i think you are in the holidays at the moment.

or Tell some one who wakes up for fajr ie a Friend to call or text you to wake up.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!

I always have my trust in Allah to wake me up for fajr but this does not happen all the time where i would actually wake up for fajr. maybe four times a week i would wake up for fajr and that's all because i tell Allah to wake me up. im just wondering why it doesn't happen all the time. :SMILY309:and i really can't sleep early because i take a long time in my prayer, and this is not because i do wat it extra. it is because while im praying, i take a long time saying the prayer. not because i do extra, i even leave out the sunnah sometimes just to go to sleep early. but i really dont think that is why i dont wake up for fajr cuz sometimes during the weeks i do but some times i dont. i just need at dua. please, help me out!!!! :SMILY176:

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
Asallamu Alaykum
before u go 2 sleep every night
make wudhu..
n hav the intention that u wna
wke up n pray...
yh n use ur mobile fone 4 Alarm..
hpe Allah helpz u inshallah
take care
wsalllaam

Zafran

Muslim Brother

First make the intention for waking up and make Du'aa! Loads and Loads.

Second if you are sleeping very late then why not stay up for Fajr and pray then go to bed as i think you are in the holidays at the moment.

Salaam

I used to stay awake all night when Fajr was at 3 AM, this is a good idea but the problem is you might have problems waking up in the morning.

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
This is what my mom told me, right before you go to sleep you make dua to Allah (SWT) to wake you up and surely you will, but you have to make an intention from your heart. Surely Allah (SWT) is all mighty.

It worked for me
Salam

nori suja'i

as some says prayer is the key to heaven so pls dont leave
our 5x daily prayer as it is compulsory. we still can do our
sunat prayer at any time but we didnt get sins if we did'nt
do that.
sister, if u having problem to wake early in the morning for fajr prayer, before u sleep just talk to Allah with sincere heart to wake u up for fajr prayer insyaAllah u'll be awaken in the morning. i used to do it when i was working shift duty in a local semigov offc last time . i was off at midnight but i swapped duty with a friend to perform her duty from 7am to 2pm the next morning while the journey to/from my hse takes about 45min. that means i only went to bed at about 1am-1.30am n have to wake up about 5.30am the next morning..
Allah is The Most Merciful, during my sleep i heard a loud voice in my ears says "wake up, wake up" about the time i
wanted to wake up. just do it for Allah sake and see. May Allah help u to wake early, insyaAllah.

palestine

Servant of Allah
do you have a cellphone? if you do then set the alarm on your cell. and always when sleeping place in your mind that you really want to wake up for fajr. and yes you should wake up your parents. because you dont want them to end up being punished. and shaytan urinates in those who oversleep and miss fajr, so i don't thin you would want ur parents to be urinated by shaytan.

naaad

mu'minah
Salaam alaikum,
well sis, waking up for fajr prayer is what, i guess, most of the people find difficult.
i think u should, as already mentioned, make du'a before sleeping and have a strong intention in mind that- "INSHALLAH, i will wake up for fajr prayer at the right time".
try telling your parents to wake you up for a few days until u get used to it as it will be rewarding for them as well.
i personally, loooonngg back had tried the first option & it really worked for me:) hope it does 4 u too.
i sleep only after praying fajr. it has become a habit now. no,no, not asking u to do the same. it's a bad habit-thats what all say..
I really hope and pray that your mind & heart play the role of a prayer alarm in your life.........INSHALLAH~~~