How do i tell my parents i want to be a muslim!?

Clo Bo

I have believed in islam for three years now. And the time has come for me to tell my parents this. I do not live with my dad so it will be better to tell him than my mum but he wil still be mad. i live wit my mum and she is very very anti-islam! Im so scared, i kno she wont let me practise my faith at home. What do i do?

sister i think there is some thread about this topics how to tell parents about convert to islam.

hope you will get those threads by searching or other brothers and sisters will help you to find those articles.

take care.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
don't panic!

:salam2: sister!

I understand what you mean: scared, not sure, really worried!

I am reverted too and my opinion is: get your parents involved in your "walk" to Islam! :blackhijab:

I have read they are anti-Islam...don't forget that lots of "anti-islam" people reverted then to Islam subhanAllah!

Ok, step by step inform them of basics of Islam. They have to see you HAPPY & CONFIDENT of your choice! Don't forget sister that you are doing nothing bad... You are accepting the most beautiful thing in the world: ISLAM!

When you tell them things about Islam do it always with a smile... don't be shy looking at the floor! :blackhijab:

I could write pages and pages... just let me know if u need further advice...PM me if you like :inshallah: :hearts:

:salam2:

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
This is a hard topic, but perhaps before you tell your parents you can just tell them of your interest, and why you are interested, perhaps if they know the basis of Islam it wont be so hard to tell them. I know its a big and hard and scary thing to do... but it has to be done sooner or later :) So, just educate them about certain things so their minds are a bit more open.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First welcome. Second, be honest with your parents. You need to tell them you love them and mean no disrespect to them. You need to convey how your reversion is going to give you the means to love them from the bottom of your heart, as this is a dictate of Isalm. This is the time that actions speak louder than words. Show them. Be kinder, gentler, smile and laugh. At every opportunity praise your parents and thank them..mean it.
Allah subahana talla will open the way. We will be right here with you.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
I agree with Mirajmom, sinse i reverted I have been happier, more helpful, and respectful, patient etc, so it has been easier for me to get my family to come around to accept the fact that i now follow Islam. Well of course its not an easy thing, but if you are always positive and sincer it makes it a lot easier for them and you in the long run. Good luck :)

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

Sis the longer you wait to do something the more difficult it becomes.
When I told my mom I just without thinking too much picked up the phone and called her. It wasn't necessarily easy but after I was like phewf I did it alhamdulillah.

:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

:salam2: Sister!

I am going through the same situation with my mom. I did tell my dad though the day after I reverted alhamdullilah :) To tell the truth I think my mom knows but she is just waiting for me to blurt it out lol. I pray that Allah (SWT) makes it easier for you :)

:wasalam:

Sarah

Muslimah_4ever

السلام عليكم
I think u should pray to allah more time to make it easy for u & for them to accept
& remember what ever they did ,u are the right one & surely Allah willnot let u down
u can see that others had passed it with some difficulty of course but they succed so tell them step by step not at once
& make them be sure that u r proud ofur choice & u wont change it what ever they do
be confident , depnd on Allah & he wiil help u

God bless u