how do we protect ourself from the evil within one's self

Bilal Ahmed

Islam my way of life
Asalaam Alaykum,

I want to know how we can protect ourself from the evil we do ourself that is not influanced by the devil.

I mean its the months of Ramadan yes, I heard that all the devil are lock up during this month, but you will still find fellow muslims still doing bad and sinful stuff (one of it beening watchin T.V). We be doing these stuff ourself with out thinking about it.

So how do you help people like that what can you say or do to advise them?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Asalaam Alaykum,

I want to know how we can protect ourself from the evil we do ourself that is not influanced by the devil.

I mean its the months of Ramadan yes, I heard that all the devil are lock up during this month, but you will still find fellow muslims still doing bad and sinful stuff (one of it beening watchin T.V). We be doing these stuff ourself with out thinking about it.

So how do you help people like that what can you say or do to advise them?

:salam2:

TV isn't haram. however there are many things that are haram on the television. programs that cause us either to change the channel or to lower our gazes. even though it isn't haram it's best to avoid it. there is more harm in it than there is benefit. as far as people still doing sinful stuff during ramadan, most likely those people were doing sinful things before ramadan. yes the shaytans are locked away during ramadan, but they have also seeped into the hearts of people long before ramadan. so i guess you can say that these sinful things are definitely of our own doing.

what do we do to advise these people? ask them if they know that what they are doing is haram. there are certain things that i'm learning about everyday that yesterday i didn't know was haram. if they didn't know, they now have the opportunity to make things right with Allah SWT. if they did know, guilt will touch their hearts and they'll repent inshAllah. after doing this, you have done all that you can do.

:wasalam:

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

Yes indeed, Allah has chained the devils.

But those who gave a place for shaitan in their hearts it is very difficult to get them out.

As Allah says "Verily, allah will never change the conditionn of a people until they change what is within themselves" (13:11)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may be interpreted as meaning that the ones who are chained up are the most evil devils, not all of them.

Al-Qurtubi said: If it is said, how come we see many evil actions and sins being committed in Ramadaan, for if the devils were chained up, that would not happen?

The answer is that (evil actions) are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and paying attention to the etiquette of fasting.

Or some of the devils – namely the most evil ones – are chained up, not all of them, as previously mentioned in some reports.

Or it may mean that evil actions are reduced in Ramadaan, which is something that we can see. Even though evil actions happen in Ramadaan, they are less than at other times. Even if all of the devils were to be chained up, that does not mean that no evil action would happen, because there are other causes of evil action besides the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and the human devils.

From Fath al-Baari.

And Allaah knows best