How do you get rid of...

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh sister Jaime. The Hadith of the Black Spots on The Heart was reported by at-Tirmizhi, Raheemahullah.

As for it's cure, Rasulallah (SAW) stated (more or less to the meaning of): "These black spots on the heart (which appear on one's Qalb (their Spiritual Heart) due to sinful actions) are cleared by two actions: The Recitation of the Quran, and The Rememberance of Death."

And also (as far as I can remember), Rasulallah (SAW) stated (in another Hadith) that these black spots causes one's heart to find little to no benefit when they are reminded about Allah (SWT).

And by that, I mean: A person who does sins and does NOT make Tawbah [which means for one to Return, Repent, and Improve the state of their Taslim (their Sincerity and Devotion in Obeying Allah SWT)] will not feel concerned/soft-hearted when they are reminded about Allah (SWT) and matters of Deen.

And (reciting/listening) to Recitations of the Quran purifies ones heart from the evil effects of the Duniyah (which are: disobediance to Allah (SWT); love of this world over the Akirah (the Hereafter); and to fear of Death/Departing this World).

Futhermore, Rememberance of Death causes a person to "wake up" to the reality that they are living in; and the reality is that they are living in this world (a "testing ground") for a short time, and the way that their time is spent will effect the way that their time will be spent in the Hereafter: either in Complete Bliss, or a Punishment which feels like it is EVERLASTING.

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=79&tid=57041

A_Happy_Convert

Walaikum salaam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question.

I find myself trying to make small corrections throughout the day when it comes to my behavior, actions, and especially my mouth. Our speech is usually what gets us in trouble and I'm working on cleaning up my mouth. Too often words can sting, especially when they are said in anger and without thinking before we say them. Alhomdolillah that I am learning how to make changes in my life to become a better Muslim and a better person in general.

Thank you again for this useful information and I hope others can benefit from it as well.

Jazzakalahu khairan.

~Jamila

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum ukhti

You ask a good question, one I've often wondered myself, and May Allaah subhanhu wa ta'ala reward and increase you in good for this concern. How many walk around with blackened hearts and not a care in the world? This conscience is definitely a sign of goodness, and I pray this increases.

I looked up the hadeeth for it, and I believe it has your answer:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the believer commits a sin, a black spot appears on his heart. If he repents, gives it up and seeks forgiveness, his heart is cleansed, but if he does more then (that spot) increases until it covers his heart. That is the raan (covering of sin) which Allaah mentioned in the Qur’aan:

“Nay! But on their hearts is the Raan (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn”

[al-Mutaffifeen 83:14]

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3334; Ibn Maajah, 4244; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

You see? The conditions are to repent, give it up and seek forgiveness from Allaah and Allaah is most wise, and most Forgiving so if you're sincere and trying to change your ways it's definitely in the way of trying to cure this problem which exists in all of us, and is a constant struggle subhanAllaah.

May Allaah makes it easy on All of us!

BaarakAllaahu feeki

wasalaam

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother Abdul Hasib, if you could try to reference your hadeeth a bit more I'd be grateful because I did just a bit of looking up, and couldn't find any of the sort of mentions you had and I know you know as well as I how important it is to be careful about narrating ahadeeth.

So if you could find them a bit more clearly maybe? I would like to see them inshaAllaah.

a_stranger

:salam2:
i believe that knowing ALLAH subhanahu wa taala and being sincere to him and saying La Ellah Ella Allah with all your heart , remmebering the day when we will meet our Lord and see the Paradise and Hell , can makea differance in our Hearts.