How does a revert deal with loss of non muslim family and friends?

muhamm4d

:salam2:
I was reading someones post the other day about someone who had lost their mother who wasnt a muslim, and the thought came to me , how would i cope if my parents passed away without accepting islam.
As you iman grows stronger, and the reality of the hereafter dawns on you, the pain of ur family not being muslim, seems to grow.
I just wanted some advice on what islam says about coping, and I know that the Prophet's s.a.w. Uncle didnt accept islam, is there anything in hadith that tells about how he s.a.w. coped, or any other stories of sahabahs or pious people.
inshallah please shed some light.

italianmuslimah

Salaam,

i'm not actually answering the question (sorry!) because i don't actually know. I just wanted to say it's a good question and i do wonder about this and how other reverts deal with non-muslim relatives dying as i'm a revert myself (since May) and i think about it a lot and it often gets me down. Actually a friend of my mothers was killed in a plane crash a few days ago so i've been thinking about him all week and wondering if there is any hope for him and also, are we allowed to pray for non-muslims that have passed away?

It would be great to have some feedback on this
thanks

:wasalam:

q8penpals

My little sister (22 years old) died on this past Oct 16 from stage 3 ovarian cancer. She had been sick for over a year. I believe that God takes who He wants, when He wants, and in my heart I have to believe that after suffering the way she did for over a year, that He has had to take her into His hands to protect her from suffering anymore on the earth. She never got the chance to get married or have children or finish college - why would God take all that from her if He didn't have a bigger plan for her?

Lana

ibnAbdullah87

You may not make supplication for dead disbelieving relatives.

It is not for the believing men and believing women ar allies of of one another..." (Qur'an: At-Tawbah: 71)

"It is not for the Prophet and those who have believed to as forgieneww for the polytheists, even if they were relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the Hellfire." (Qur'an: At-Tawbah: 113)