How does it happen that Muslims find their force to keep to the rules of religion?

Aleksandra

I was always wondering how did it happen that Muslims find their way and so called power to pray so much ( even if I know some that don't ), if I'm mistaekn please take me out of my wronging....
What I mean is that though, maybe, I should not as far as I remember I admired the way that the fith in Islam has not collapsed as it happened in Christianity ( excuse my example, but that is the religion that I got to know most, as my country is mostly, if not 95 % chrisitian one ), so...here if you go, you will not find young people praying in christian churches, you will find some, but they are a kind of I would say "too" devoted and very rare...mostyly old people do believe, while I think Muslims do not divide so much in the age of those who believe and what I think is more important also WORSHIP, cause what is the use of saying - yes I believe, maybe foe some it is enough, but I think that religion , while based on true worshipping makes sense, if I can say so... So I am fed up that here religion, whatever it is - fell down. What is more - how does it come that Muslims, especially young ones, ( I assume that some of you are aged 20 - 30 ) can quote Quran while in Christianity you could hardly find anyone young and knowing anything... even having knowledge of that......I really admire it....:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi,

First of All welcome to the website. :) Happy to have you here.

Allah has protected the message of Islam and the Quran forever. The Quran has not changed since it was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: via the Angel Gabriel.

Therefore, Muslims have access to the true words of God, unchanged. I am in my 20s and most of the people in this website are young alhamdulillah.

We love Islam because we know it is the Truth. All the Prophets came with the same message of Islam. Jesus, Abraham, Moses, David, Joseph, Noah, Adam, they all came with same message from Allah. That is to worship Allah alone without associating any partners to him. So Muslims believe in Jesus and the other Prophets and we love them very much as well.

As the people changed and deviated from the message of Allah, i.e. Islam, Allah sent the last and final Messenger, the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. He is the seal of the Prophets.

The Quran has the true words of God, and we read the stories and sayings of the blessed messenger Muhammad :saw: and his companions. These increase our faith and make us love Islam.

A Muslim who understands Islam, would know why he or she is created.

Allah tells us in the Quran>

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
(56:51)

So we know why we are created. Our existance on this world is temporary. God gave us this life out of his great mercy.

The Prophet :saw: said>

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] "Allah created mercy with a hundred parts. One of which was sent down upon the jinn and human beings and other living creatures. It is out of this one part that they love each other, show kindness to one another, and even the animals treat their offspring with affection. Allah has reserved the remaining ninety-nine parts for his true worshippers on the Day of Judgment."

[/FONT]I recommend you stay on this website and learn from us, then you will understand Islam and Muslim people more. Anyone, is welcome here.

I am sorry for this brief post, inshaAllah you can learn lots more.

There are some good articles here:

Introductory Articles About Islam

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

So if you know why you are created, who God is, what the purpose of your life is.. then of course you will be devoted to God and would pray 5x a day. It is not a chore or something hard, we can never wait till we pray. If someone does not know the value of their own life and the reason behind the creation, then of course they will not feel same. Islam provides all these answers and much more as it is simple and perfect ! We worship God as he wanted us to worship him

Oh and feel free to ask any questions. :)

bye

Aleksandra

Do you see? How it is simple and easy understanding for you...? Believe me I wouldn't find it if I asked a friend of mine about religion...this is no more so clear...why....:( Anyway don't be sorry for your brief post,cause I'm really nicely surprised for your fast reply....

Greetings

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

Do you see? How it is simple and easy understanding for you...? Believe me I wouldn't find it if I asked a friend of mine about religion...this is no more so clear...why....:( Anyway don't be sorry for your brief post,cause I'm really nicely surprised for your fast reply....

Greetings

:salam2: (peace be upon you)
Brother Mabsoot, like all here, have answered your question and have directed you to Qur'an verses/articles about it. But, Insha'Allah I will answer this question.

If by what you mean by your question is "I don't understand your response" then I can help you with that.

Muslims get the power to get up and pray 5 times a day through the fear of Allah Almighty. We read the Qur'an and we see that Allah has commanded us to pray 5 times a day. We then see our punishments for NOT praying without a logical excuse and our rewards for praying. We fear and respect and love Allah, so we follow His command to pray.

Muslims just get that feeling in their heart that they want to please their Creator (Allah), so we follow what he wants us to do.

I, personally, get the power to get up and pray (secretly, for there's much opposition in America) 5 times a day because I wish to please Allah. I want, on the Judgement Day, for Allah to say to me: "Look! This is my servent whom has followed my commands! To you, I grant you Firdaus (the highest level of Heaven) in Jannah (Heaven)".

There is also a Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:) that says that "the best forms of worship to Allah is praying the salats (prayers) on time, honoring your parents, and" something else, but I forgot :D I'm pretty sure it's doing good deeds and following Allah's commandments.

This is what gives us the power to get up and pray in spite of opposition: the reward of pleasing Allah.

To learn more about Islam, stay on this site (as Brother Mabsoot as suggested) and look at some of these sites:
http://islamtomorrow.com
http://islam-guide.com

acedoc

Where does a muslim find strength.....

Aleksandra said, "How does it happen that Muslims find their force to keep to the rules of religion?"

Hello Aleksandra,

For a muslim (young or old) the true source of strength is God (Allah). As a matter of fact all our possesions belong to God. Whether we (humans) accept that or not that is the Truth.

We as muslims strongly believe that:
La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah is an Arabic phrase usually translated as " There is no power and no strength EXCEPT from Allah."
Once you truly believe this from the depth of your heart nothing will be difficult any more. You shall, by the Will of Allah (God), be able to face any challenge and hardship in this life. This of course does not mean that a muslim should not make effort and do his/her best to accomplish in this life and for the Hereafter (the life after this life). It means that all our effort without Allah's help are futile. This is not simply words but complete and unshaken faith in God that gives us strength. It is the knowledge that our God and the ONLY God (Allah) will never forsake us. Yes, in this life HE (Allah) does test the true strength of our faith through various tests and trails so that HE can distinguish those who just use words from those whose hearts are filled with Imaan (true faith).

I hope I did not confuse you. If I did..please accept my apologies.

Aleksandra

:salam2: (peace be upon you)
Brother Mabsoot, like all here, have answered your question and have directed you to Qur'an verses/articles about it. But, Insha'Allah I will answer this question.

To learn more about Islam, stay on this site (as Brother Mabsoot as suggested) and look at some of these sites:
http://islamtomorrow.com
http://islam-guide.com

Thanks, I have actually no intention in refusing from this site and I am willing to get better view over what you tell me, because I found myself thinking several times - how can it be, what is the real answer for the existance ? People got lost, at least most europeans...this is the crisis of civilization, I know I can live as all here do, but I was alwyas wishing to have a family that would worship deity not just cause it was told so and new memebrs of family even do not take it seriously.... For example me myself, I can't identify with Christianity, cause there are too many doubts and excluding from my point of view facts, and I ahve a sceptic nature:)

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Thanks, I have actually no intention in refusing from this site and I am willing to get better view over what you tell me, because I found myself thinking several times - how can it be, what is the real answer for the existance ? People got lost, at least most europeans...this is the crisis of civilization, I know I can live as all here do, but I was alwyas wishing to have a family that would worship deity not just cause it was told so and new memebrs of family even do not take it seriously.... For example me myself, I can't identify with Christianity, cause there are too many doubts and excluding from my point of view facts, and I ahve a sceptic nature:)

:salam2:
It's true, I've found myself asking those questions many times when I was an Atheist or an Agnostic.

Many people follow a certain religion because their family tells them to; but don't worry. By the time children are teenagers, they will seek to find the answers to all types of questions. I was skeptic about Christianity, and pretty recently I looked to find the answers and found the "contradictions" of Islam easy to answer and found Islam to be faultless.

Islam is the only religion in which you have a 1-on-1 relationship with God (Allah). In Christianity, you must pray "through Jesus", you don't know which of the 3 members of the Trinity to pray to (because certain ones can't fufill certain things), and there are many problems and contradictions with the religion, whether looking at it historically (the whole "Constantine funded the Bible" thing) or looking at it from the Bible and its many contradictions.

I hope you find the truth in Islam. Continue asking questions and many will be glad to answer it.

Just remember that if, at any time, you truly believe the message of Islam, say: "As-hadu la ilaha illAllah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulallah". The English translation is "I testify that there is no God but Allah, and I testify that Muhammad is Hid Messenger".

:wasalam:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hello Aleksandra,

You know, that's not just the case with the europeans, that is simly a true fact that everyone is lost unless we are guided to know our purpose in this life. And how are we to find it only on our own? We are such complicated creatures and not just us as humans but everything we see (or don't see) around us, its existence, needs to be answered to our expectation, because we are curious, we think, and seek answers!
And how are we to find all these answers on our own when this universe is so complicated and also perfectly put together?!
You see there's comes the question: who created me and everything around me and why? what is this life all about? And the answer has to be delivered ofcourse, otherwise it might take an eternity and we might even never do so unless they are delivered by the One who created us!

And those answered have been delivered to us in the Qur'an!

And after we investigate the Qur'an and its wideranged answers to so many questions of ours (and the answers to so many questions is just one of characteristics of the Qur'an) we realise the purpose of our creation, and the hearts finds rest!

And then the acts of worship, like the five daily prayers etc., are not at all hard to practice when we consider the benefit of thanking and praising our Creator (Allah), because that is basicaly the purpose of the prayer!

And that you are sceptic shows that you think on your own, and do not take everything others tell you straight away, but you investigate. And that is a sign of people who reflect and are not dependent on others to make them think what people want them to think, without proof and clear evidence!

I ask Allah (swt) to show you the true Path and guide you also, because we can only by His will present to you Islam, it's up to Allah (swt) to guide you to the Truth. And who speaks the truth if not the Creator Himself?!

saif

Dear sister in humanity Alexandra,

This is going to be my first email to this website, although I have become of the group quite some time ago. I have decided to write, instead of remaining a silent reader, as i always have been because you have posted very interesting and important questions.

A few words in my introduction: I am a muslim of pakistani origine living in Germany. (By the way, I also know some muslims of Polish origine here )

I think, brother Mabsoot has already given very consize answers to your questions. Not only for worship but for anything in your life your prime motivation is the love for something or the fear for something (or both). According to the the words of the Prophet ( SAW - peace be upon him) the believer cannot be a believer unless his love for Allah and his Prophet is not greater than everything else. I think, the more relevant question is, where does this love come from? My answer is the same as brother Mabsoot's. We read the word of Allah in the form of Quran, as delivered to us by our Prophet. This book is no doubt a living miracle because you feel being addressed by God, our Creator who knows us like no one else does. Moreover, every detail of the life of our Prophet is very carefully documented and when we read it, we get a very personal and very near relationship with our Prophet.

Besides these primary reasons, there is a secondary reason and that is: Centre of the islamic life is the mosque. This is the place of worship and the place to see other believers. Just being in the company of the believers gives your life a dimension, which other cultures cannot think of. I personally get a lot of strength from other brothers and sisters.

How can young muslims quote from Quran? Because it is Quran. Its impression is so deep, that its words always remain with you. Read the Quran and soon you will be quoting it too.

Thank you for your thought-provoking questions.

Regards,

Saif

doc.dina

hello

hi :) u wonder how they are keeping on the 5 prays in mosque, actualy the 5 prays are the only prays which if we mess them ,ALLAH will punnish us ,and we are goning to have a none sence life and maybe a miserable life

but there are other prays , we do it cause we really love GOD ,
as the most beutiful pray at late night , while all people are sleeping , u wake up and pray and ask GOD all u need , {{{as THE Prophet muhammed (pbuh) said that GOD say if any one {person} need something or wish any thing to have ,just wish and pray , raise ur hand and ask , and GOD will give to u if {what u wish is not going to harm u }

and as praying is surely so imprtant and beutiful ,but it is not the only to do ....

we have some ,i donno it's translation in english " some wishes u say at morning and evening ,that if u say and u really beleive in it ,nothing harm at all will happen to u at that day "

we are forebidden to cause harm to any one ,even the animals , to be mercy with them , we are forbidden from firing animals while they are alive .

and even when slaughter animals . must slaughter itwhile the rest of the flock are not watching the slaughtered one inoreder not to make them afraid ,and u must slaughter so fast with a so sharp knife so no pain to feel , and that what science reach it nowaday .
stunning and shooting animals cause pain to the animal and it's meat is not healthy for human being

the good muslim is the one who is good with his familly and people , especially mum and dad , we have something called in arabic "eithar" which mean to give {prefer } ur freind or who ever with the thing that u really like to have ,

anyhow, i know u are tired from my english :laughing-dancing:

this is a great site " http://www.harunyahya.com"
and http://www.whyislam.org

Aleksandra

(By the way, I also know some muslims of Polish origine here )

How can young muslims quote from Quran? Because it is Quran. Its impression is so deep, that its words always remain with you. Read the Quran and soon you will be quoting it too.
Thank you for your thought-provoking questions.

Regards,
Saif

Hello Saif...

I have a question for you - those muslims of polish origine, they were mostly probably brought up in Germany, cause I think here ( I live in the north ), there aren't many, at least not girls with headscarfs -I have not seen....

I think you can quote, cause not for the reason it is highly important for you, what is told there, but you come back to the verses many times? Is it? I think not many people here praise their religion ( I mean not Islam ) with such passion, I would almost dare to say - I envy...but ut is a "healthy" envy....

All the best,
Alexa

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Many have drifted away from their religion; finding faults in one place or another or not feeling connected to it (just as you, Aleksandra). I believe it's Allah revealing to them the religion of Islam.

All religions order you to follow them without question; except for Islam.

In what book for other religions (such as the Bible or Torah) do you see the comand to "use your brain and do not accept everything told to you"?

It's in the Qur'an, however (translation of the meaning:)

And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). - Qur'an (Surah Al-Isra 17:36, Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali translation)

This tells us to use our brains and do NOT accept and believe everything told to us. This is how the Christian churches preach: "Don't question God". That's what my mother always said.

Huh?! Why NOT question God? We need to know about Him!

All questions asked about God in Islam are always answered, and this verse from the Glorious Qur'an proves that Islam is a religion of thought, and it's saying to us: "Don't be stupid! Use your brain to confirm what you've heard instead of mindlessly following others!". I can testify personally that the rule "No questions asked about the Church" applies to Christianity. This rule only tells me that Christianity is false because they can't answer a question using their so-called "Holy Book".
:wasalam:

arabiantxn

re

Salam aliqum /hello Aleksandra!! welcome to the www.turntoislam.com please let us know if we can do something for you.
btw
this is my answer to why i pray to allah

I pray to my god because it’s what he asked me.
I pray to my god Allah cause for what he gave me
I pray to Allah because I know he created me and gave me everything and helped me and remembers and looks after me every minute of my life.
I pray because I love Allah
My Allah gave me everything. Which, i am not worthy off. He showered me in his grace and that’s the least i can do. Remember him 5 times.
I am not even a particle of dust in front of my god(allah) yet he choose to aknowledge me.

mustafa