How important are your parents in Islam?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Actually, it's so important, that Allah put it right after worshiping him.

Your Lord has decreed that you should worship nothing except Him, and (show) kindness to your parents, whether one or both of them attain old age (while they are) still with you, never say to them a word of contempt nor scold them. Address them in a generous fashion. And out of kindness, stay before them with humility and say: 'My Lord, show them mercy, just as they cared for me in my childhood' " (17:23-24).

"We have enjoined man to respect his parents; his mother bears him with fainting after fainting, while his weaning takes two years. Thank Me as well as your parents; towards Me lies the goal" (The Qur'an 31:14)

And We have enjoined on the human being in (regard to) his two parents the most beautiful conduct. But if they strive with you to associate with Me (gods) you do not know about, then do not obey them. You all will return to Me and I will tell you what you have worked. - Surah al-Ankabut ayah 8

O humankind! Be in awe of your Lord and Sustainer, He who created you all from a single soul, and created from it its mate, and from the two of them brought forth many men and women. Be in awe of Allah and of the wombs (that bore you). Surely Allah is watching over you. - Surah an-Nisa ayah 1

The Prophet (pbuh) states emphatically that the rights of the mother are paramount. Abu Hurairah reported that a man came to the Messenger (pbuh) and asked:
‘O Messenger of God, who is the person who has the greatest right on me with regards to kindness and attention?’ He replied, ‘Your mother.’ ‘Then who?’ He replied, ‘Your mother.’ ‘Then who?’ He replied, ‘Your mother.’ ‘Then who?’ He replied, ‘Your father.’

In another hadith the Prophet has said: "Paradise lies at the feet of mothers". In other words Paradise awaits those who cherish and respect their mothers.

norlilahrahmat

:salam2:

:bismillah1:

All Muslims must :tti_sister:for their parents every solah as in Surah Al Israa ayat 24 and teach our children the same dua .

:tti_sister: May Allah bless you for the reminder

wasalam:hijabi::hijabi:

palestine

Servant of Allah
i love my parents, and i just wish that parents would try and understand their children. because many tend to ignore them or neglect them and even misunderstand their own children. anyhow whether they beat us, or insult us, they're still our parents and we can never, NEVER repay them. so we must respect them no matter what. anyhow there is this story that many muslim scholars tell to people: there was this son and he took his mother to hajj, and besides that he has been caring her on his back for 50 years whenever she needed to go somewhere. he would not let her walk, he would carry her on his back. so after he did this for such a long time, he asked a scholar( i think) if he has repayed his mother. and the man replied that no matter what he did or does that he will never ,NEVER be able to repay his mother. because just being her womb is not equal to those 50 years that he carried her on his back back and forth wherever she needed. asalamu alaykum.