How Old Were You When You ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,granddaughter...

what i mean honey?
that education's so important..
and i guess it's depends on the couples...

education makes us understand eachother well..

for example:
if the man no educated..and the women was in collage..
and they get married
i think problems would happen between them

about the age:
honestly:when a girl get married,whatever she was 16,18...

where's her life?before marriage?
where's her educational future?collage?
where's all of that?

some people think that girls shouldn't educated...no need for collage
but my opinion...girls supposed join collage...collage 's society will make her communicate more with the world..

she 'lll feel that she grow ups...she become a lady
she finish collage...,
then she could get marrried

my mom get married when she reach 17i guess...she doesn't join school
she told me..
that she suffer in her marriage first...cuz she was young..
even my grandma...
after she get married..she said to my mom""u still young"..

So,if she really still young?
why u my grandma,grandpa accept the marriage

In the past,Society have their own method in thinking
Now..
We're in new era..
more knowledge...
so on...

So,ideas of the past...in the past

i know that in prophet"pbuh"..girls get married,wwhen they get their own period..

but,i think islam encourage education..so no worries,honey

about me:
i want get married after i finish collage
that's mean when i reach 21...
21...doesn't mean 80..
i would still young also..

may be when girls get married now..when she was 16,,15 happy now..but,..
when she get babies...
how..?she would still young?

in my country..it's not allowed to get married when u reach 16...
the age of marriage to get married in my country 18

don't get mad at me,angry with me
just i want to say my own opinion...
what country do you live in?

nizar83

raihana sister dont worry at all! you have done a great thing..it takes a lot of courage and love for ALLAH subhanawata3ala to do what our beloved prophet mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam recommended us to do: marrying as soon as its possibly financially and mentally!

my mother married at 16 and had her first child at 17...and she is happy..if she could do it over again..she would have married at that same age again she says..

dont value these comments like ''0wow thats too young"' too much, for people who say that really are living up the western civilization's standards..
its not smart to wait with marriage untill you hace succeeded in your carriere,,,or untill you finish your study..who says these exact things dont go well together>?
i would love to come home after a hard week of college to a loving wife

inshalaah you and your husband will have a great life on this dunia!

I live in the west, and a lot of the non-muslims here start having sex at age as young as 13 or younger! So why should us muslims think we can't marry at age 16 or feel ashamed to marry young. We should follow our sunnah, we will never go wrong. :hijabi:

al-muslimah

I live in the west, and a lot of the non-muslims here start having sex at age as young as 13 or younger! So why should us muslims think we can't marry at age 16 or feel ashamed to marry young. We should follow our sunnah, we will never go wrong. :hijabi:
Exactaly!

walsalm

Sakeena

raihana sister dont worry at all! you have done a great thing..it takes a lot of courage and love for ALLAH subhanawata3ala to do what our beloved prophet mohammed salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam recommended us to do: marrying as soon as its possibly financially and mentally!

my mother married at 16 and had her first child at 17...and she is happy..if she could do it over again..she would have married at that same age again she says..

dont value these comments like ''0wow thats too young"' too much, for people who say that really are living up the western civilization's standards..
its not smart to wait with marriage untill you hace succeeded in your carriere,,,or untill you finish your study..who says these exact things dont go well together>?
i would love to come home after a hard week of college to a loving wife

inshalaah you and your husband will have a great life on this dunia!

asalam alaikum!
I agee, dunya is sooo much more important than anything else, right? Right! Yes masha'Allah may Allah (SWT) bless us, ameen! My mom asked me why I wanna get married...i didn't know how to tell her, since I don't date she thinks its becos I want him to take care of me which he will, but I wanna marry to complete the half of my deen and be happy inshallah!
salam,

Sakeena

hager

well

well,rihanan
happy to hear u now complete ur education..
i always encourage education..cuz,i adore education..

but,don't get mad at me..
i still have my own opinion....about getting married at 16 's too early...
yes,honey..too early

but,u're the one who decide that..
and u're responsbale about ur desicion
don't be sad from me,again...i just i look to the whole thing from all sides ..

Good luck for u again...
allah bless u,ur marriage,Ameen

but,for me
i still have my own word...after collage i'll get married..
if he loves me,he'll wait for me,he'll respect my wishes..that's my opinion:muslim_child::muslim_child:
salam:)

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam
aha nice thread.
well i got married on 28th of july in 2004 ALHAMDULLILAH.
i was 24 when i got married n now im gonne b 28 years old in august INSHA ALLAH.
FI AMANILLAH

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
:salam2:

sister hager check this out...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmerfW3Xv08&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmerfW3Xv08&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
salam bro
these links are not working.
can u post them again plz.
FI AMANILLAH

dianek

salamu alaykum

maybe sister because you dont think about their akhira as much as their dunya. How will u answer to ALlah sva if shaytaan temps them and they end up having a boyfriend and comitt great sins. Dont be so sure that your daughters are so strong and good that they will not end up doing that. The only thing parents think these days, is how their kids will have a great money future. Im not saying that they do not need education, of course they do, but securing their private organs is more important than that. Rembember that ALlah sva gives the dunya to everyone, muslim or non muslim, but the undrstanding of religion, and guidence, only to those He loves. It's just that many parents do no think about their childrens islaam, that any time the angel of death could come and take each one of us. We have a serius problem of thinking longterm. Meaining, that every one of us will live 100 years. Anyways hope u wont be affended, just an advice.

wasalam

I don't think as apparently many of you do that girls are that age brought up in the right mindset are concerning themselves with being sexual beings.....You all act like a girl can't help but want to have sex so she should get married...and what, LIVE IN HER PARENTS HOME? OR HIS PARENTS....Forgive me if I believe that if you cannot provide for yourself financially you have no business getting married and adding another person and children to that equation. I was engaged at 17, which was fine to be engaged.......and I learned all I needed to know about that person to know that I could not LIVE WITH HIS HABITS....... But you know what, maybe it is better for you all to get married to young girls so that you don't have to worry about them comparing you to other people.....or knowing that there is maybe someone better out there for them. You locked them up before they saw the world for themselves. I DO NOT want my daughters to marry unless and until I feel they are ready and it is to someone for whom they choose....I don't want them to end up like another sister on tti who's husband cheated on her and left her and she is left to support herself.......I want my girls to be secure enough in themselves to be able say if needed "See you loser! I don't need you because I can provide for myself!"

dianek

And for those of you who think post 21 is too old, PLEASE.......I was married for the second time at 26 with a 5 year old.......and at 33, I can't imagine that getting married again for me would be a problem at all.......Stop making 25+ sound ancient...........

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
I don't think as apparently many of you do that girls are that age brought up in the right mindset are concerning themselves with being sexual beings.....You all act like a girl can't help but want to have sex so she should get married...and what, LIVE IN HER PARENTS HOME? OR HIS PARENTS....Forgive me if I believe that if you cannot provide for yourself financially you have no business getting married and adding another person and children to that equation. I was engaged at 17, which was fine to be engaged.......and I learned all I needed to know about that person to know that I could not LIVE WITH HIS HABITS....... But you know what, maybe it is better for you all to get married to young girls so that you don't have to worry about them comparing you to other people.....or knowing that there is maybe someone better out there for them. You locked them up before they saw the world for themselves. I DO NOT want my daughters to marry unless and until I feel they are ready and it is to someone for whom they choose....I don't want them to end up like another sister on tti who's husband cheated on her and left her and she is left to support herself.......I want my girls to be secure enough in themselves to be able say if needed "See you loser! I don't need you because I can provide for myself!"

Salamo Alikom to all,

First of all CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS dear sister.
May Allah bless & protect your marriage:hearts:

Secondly: Is marrying at 16 too young?
Well I think it depends on a lot of things like the 2 families, the husband's & the wife's personality & maturety, and of course the financial matters.
Therefore, we can conclude that it differ from one person to the other.

So please for Allah's sake stop talking about "the right age".
When all of you talk like that you make the rest of us who are not married yet, feel like there is something wronge.
Allah Sobhano wa taala chooses the time for us.
There is nothing as sush called "the right time for marriage" because each one of us has a special time which Allah has set for him.

Sister Dianek, I personally agree with you to a great extent.

As for our young & sure beautiful bride,:hearts: I think YOU aren't too young since this is Allah's plan for you.
Be happy & strong:tti_sister: en shaa Allah always
:ma:
CONGRATULATIONS & BEST OF LUCK

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Upssss it's me again!

:salam2
And for those of you who think post 21 is too old, PLEASE.......I was married for the second time at 26 with a 5 year old.......and at 33, I can't imagine that getting married again for me would be a problem at all.......Stop making 25+ sound ancient...........

YES, thank you. Stop making 25+ sounds so ancient:girl3:
:SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288::hearts:

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah

Just a crazy thought on top of my mind!
Lets make a kinna sisterhood/ brotherhood for all of us ancient 25s++
:lol::lol::lol::lol::redface:
just kidding :dishes:
:SMILY303:

samiha

---------
Staff member

I think this thread is going entirely off topic. The question intended was what age were you married. It's an interesting question, but perhaps one that should be contained in a more minimal circle? There's nothing wrong with it at all, however it's a public forum, and we have to be careful what kind of personal information we are giving out yes?

I would also like to mention, there is nothing wrong with getting married at a young age if one is able. Many times we are not all in the same situation, but nobody has a right to condemn this act.Though times, practices and cultures have changed, we cannot take that and make our own opinions and place it on others. If we feel we are not ready, or were not ready, or that our priorities were different, then by all means it may be true, but our situation is not alike all others. Therefore, in these regards, perhaps its better not to delve into matters and say that we would never do this, or that this isn't right, or etc. In Islaam it is good to get married early if you are prepared, in order to safegaurd the community, give people the ability to channel anything in a positive way, keep it free from haraam relationships and so on, therefore so we should not say anything further.

However, if on your own level, you do not want to get married or do not find someone suitable. Then it again is up to you. Assuredly we want to find the best compatiable person, and that may take a while. Realizing however that there is no such thing as a "perfect" person, we also at the time have to make ourselves better Muslims so that we can suit our roles we are to hold in our families, and make us stronger people in general.

And I'd also like to add, when I get married, I dont want to compare my husband to any other person. Why would that be condemned? I dont see it as such, and its not degrading for a person to want this either is it? It's not just restricted to "young wives" I think for a Muslimah, whatever age it is, we should not let ourselves daydream and have wistful thoughts wasted on comparing one person to another. We should work with what we can right? As its the only way to get anywhere. And besides, before marriage we lower our gaze, and when we marry we should marry the best person we can, and then lower our gaze still, it doesnt change. we do not look elsewhere at all, therefore making it fair. A person who goes to see the whole world, might miss what's right before their nose.

Allah knows what is best for us also. If He wills something in our Qadr, then NO MATTER HOW GOOD a person we married, it might end in disaster. We have to make dua and constantly strive, as truly its not in our power at all. We could marry a sheep in disguise, or we might think we married a lion but find otherwise. In either case, we dont have control of anything because Allah knows best. We look to their character, their morals, their Deen, and then the rest is up to Allah.

I understand diffculties arise in marraiges, that partners need to work together to achieve the greatest good. And independance is good as well, but if all people were just independant, then what in fact would marriage be for? As one would put it, just and animalisitc carnal thing? That's wrong. Isn't marriage also about depending, helping and working together? Thus, its fine for a girl to live with her parents, or her in-laws if all the proper conditions are met. Just because a person marries, it should not mean they lose former ties. It's not as if you are in a completely different world (though it might seem so).

And as for older ages? There's not degration of that either. Khadijah radiallahu Anha got married again at an older age, so anyone who says there's no chance with that is wrong as well.

People are different. We get married at different ages based on opportunity, situation, environment, people, experiences, wants, desires etc. But amongst it all, it's a beautiful thing and should be, so lets not sully it through pointless discussion. May Allah help all of us.

I dont mean to say anything that would cause offence. Please forgive me if it is so.

Allah knows best.

Thread Closed

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.