How should I do?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:I'd like to learn all the Holy Quran by heart,but I don't know how to get it in my memory.I just know few Surats by heart,like Al Fatiha,An-nas,Al-falaq,Al-ikhlas,Al-asr,An-nasr,Al-maoun,Al-kawthar,Al-kafirun,Az-zalzala,At-takwir,Al-'alaq and Ar-rahman.I have some difficulties to remember the longer Surats:so does anyone know a way to learn it all by heart?thank you very much.:hijabi:

4mMadara2Amina

>*<

Hello there.
Best way how am learning is (I still learning many , like Tashahud, An-nas) to learn by each line and in mind make a melody.Not even a melody- just a very beauty way to recite them. It is so easy way to remember. Most of reciting has similar ends of the words and it helps to remember them very nicely.
I hope this may help you somehow. Ameen.
You could try :)

With best of regards, your sister
Amina.:hijabi:

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think you need a good company to help you, then you start with chapter 30( you can start with cahpter 1 if you have a good determination) you memorize at home o(one page or two .....or more depend on your ability ) then you gather one day in a weak to recite what you memorized and you can read tafsear of the next pages so that you understand what you memorize ....if you start by three pages a weak you will memorize the whole Quran in around 5 years but the most important thing you should try to understand what Allah sobhanahu wa taala wants from us to do in this life and try to follow the teachings of Islam ......If you start even (alone by yourself) you will feel plenty of blessings and happiness in your heart. May Allah help us all to memorize Quran and follow it`s noble teachings.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

I find the following method helpful:

1) Listen to the audio of the Chapter and scan the Chapter with your eyes (reading along) as you listen to the audio. Do this a few times, until you can recite the Arabic well, like the reciter. Listen to the same recitation of the Chapter back to back several times, and it will stick into your mind like the manner music sticks into peoples' minds.

2) Then, during an hour or more of your dedicated time, that you wish to memorize, read the same Chapter over and over again, and eventually after a few weeks or months it will take seed. Usually it will take weeks with the larger Chapters and depending on the amount of time you spend. You will be able to memorize a lot in a short period of months, it worked for me. InshAllah (Allah Willing), it will work for you.

You may find websites with audio recordings that are either fast or slowly recited in order to help you. The following site is helpful, but some of the longer Chapters are not complete: http://www.digitaliss.com/~usheikh/index.html

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you a lot for your advice,but I can't listen to the Quran,I opened the site you posted,but it doesn't work on my pc.Isn't ther some mp3 audio Quran with the texts,so I can read?it's a good idea,because as I'm doing in certain moments of the day,is listening to Quran recited by Myshary Rashid Alafasy,he has a slow and clear pronounciation of Arabic.I can read Arabic language,but I need something to memorize it all and it would helpful for me to download the quran with the underlines.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Alhamdulillah that you have started to memorise even if its the short surah.

Just to add a little.

If you want to memorise the bigger surah, try using only one Quran instead of a few mushaf. Repeat the ayat many times until you are confident enough to move to the next ayat. Lets say you have complete memorising the ayats for one page, then you should try to recite it continuosly from the first ayat of the page until the last. Then you can move to the next page.

What usually works for me is to memorise it early in the morning after I wake up from sleep. During that time, one's mind is fresh and whatever that comes in will easily be remembered. InshaAllaah.

I must say, it does takes a lot of determination to be able to memorise the Quran (esp for non-native arabic speaker). However, many hufaaz from around the world are non-arabic speaker. Istiqaamah is vital in memorising the Quran. InshaAllaah if you do it solely for Allaah's sake with Ikhlaas, you'll get much reward for it.

Listening to the audio of a good reciter is good too as that way you will know the correct 'pronunciation' of the huroof.

Wish you the best to memorise the beautiful Words of Allaah subhanahu wa taa'la by heart.

http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_downloads/quran/quran_tajwid.pdf

Wassalam.

MutlekM

thank you a lot for your advice,but I can't listen to the Quran,I opened the site you posted,but it doesn't work on my pc.Isn't ther some mp3 audio Quran with the texts,so I can read?it's a good idea,because as I'm doing in certain moments of the day,is listening to Quran recited by Myshary Rashid Alafasy,he has a slow and clear pronounciation of Arabic.I can read Arabic language,but I need something to memorize it all and it would helpful for me to download the quran with the underlines.

http://www.quranexplorer.com/
Very helpful website, it helped me a lot.
Peace:)

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
Assalamu alaykum dear sister! When im learning Qur'an im reading holl surah many times and than im starting to learning when im reading i remember something so it help.

May be it will help u also my dear sister May Allah help u Amin!

Your little sister
Latifa!:tti_sister:

believers_path

:salam2:
sister i dont knw wether it wil work for you but i thought of sharing with you
this method was tought to me by my teacher.
its like when you get up for fajar prayers try to memorise at that time coz in the morning your memory is fresh, then till zuhar salah revise it as many time and when you r done with it try to implement them in your prayers in Asr, maghrib n isha and inshallah in this way the whole day you wil be revising the same surah and will be inshallah preserve in your long term memory.
then next day or day after that you can go on another surah.:)

Abd El Rahman

proud to be a Muslim
how are you ?
i think you should use one mushaf to remember places of the words,you can also listen to audio and every part you learn try to repeat it many times,you can pray with them and repeat them on your way to work or whatever...
if you find a friend to learn with you just to encourage each other so it is fantastic...
may ALLAH bless you.

islamforme

Assalaam alaikum wrwb... I have read this post from the beginning and its really excellent. I also like memorising quran but i use transliteration. Can any one tell me a site when i get a word to word meaning of transliteration in english. for example it should be like
Tranliteration : Allahuakbar
English : Allah - Allah (God)
Akbar - The greatest.
This would be very helpful for me in memorising. Let me know if any such kind of site is availale. Thanks a lot.
Allahhafiz.
Assalaam alaikum

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it's very helpful!I hope to memorize the whole Quran!I was trying to trnsfer the recitation of Mishary Rashid with the underlines on my pc,so I can listen and learn in every moment of the day,even if I'm offline,but I don't knwo how to do.At the moment you found a solution to my question,thsnk you very much.

islamforme

so you have the transliteration with english word to word meaning of it. Can you share it with me. it would be helpful.I searched google yahoo for such kind of thing but could not find.

islamforme

So any update on the word to word transliteration of Quran. I am in need of this to memorise. I am non arabic speaking and doesnot understand arabic much.

:salam2: I dont know if it will work for you. I am right now memorizing mulk . I like the way alfaasy recites. I used to sing before so for me the ups and downs work. And Alfaasy sounds like music to my ears. I memorized rahman like that. I listen to it first just like i would listen to a song. Then understand the meaning. I am using the Iqra vols. Cause they are printed in a way to help children memorize the Quran.Each surah is divided into parts so you memorize part by part.

islamforme

Assalaamalaikum,
Where exactly is the surah divided into four parts. Is it the audio file you are talking about or the iqra volume. Can i get online version of such books.
Allahhafiz

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam,thank to this web site I'm learning Arabic language faster.But is there a way to download the program on pc without being connected to internet?I also emproved the pronounciation of the verses of Quran!Thank you a lot.

islamforme

Assalaamalaikum

The site mentioned above have only few surah with word to word transliteration of arabic to english(Roman). Is there any site which has entire quran like that.

Allahhafiz