How should I do?

World Peace

Islam is Light
Asalamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato

Sister hayat84

I will be sharing Information and website insha Allah, I hope to include suggested methods of memorising, an attached word document file (containing a plan- learning the Quran in 300 days), and a program that helps in learning the Quran

Methods of Memorizing the Qur'an
Question: Dear scholars, As-Salaam `Alaykum. My question is: What is the best way to memorize the Qur’an? Can you also outline a schedule as to how to do it? After memorizing one Juz' does one need to revise the one memorized before moving forward? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Answer: Wa`alykum As-Salaamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you very much for your question which shows your great concern for the Book of Allah, the Glorious Qur'an. We implore Almighty Allah to help you accomplish the task of memorizing it and earning the great reward that lies in store for whoever memorizes and adheres to its teachings, Amen.

First of all, we’d like to state that there is a great merit in memorizing the Qur’an and teaching it. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, says in this regard: "The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur'an and teaches it." (Reported by Al-Bukhari).

Also Abdullah bin `Amr ibn al-`As quotes Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying: "It will be said to the one who had memorized the Qur'an [and acted upon it]: 'Recite the Qur'an (ascending the levels of Paradise thereby) and do so slowly and melodiously just as you used to recite slowly and melodiously in the world since your abode will be at the place where you finish reciting your last verse." You see now that one earns tremendous reward in committing the Qur'an to heart, acting upon it and conveying its message to others.

As regard your question, first of all, it's important to tell you that certain rules and methods should be applied in memorizing the Qur’an so as to get the expected fruits. Thus, we would like to present some of these rules which will assist you in memorizing the Qur'an, may Allah benefit all of us by them. In doing so, we will first shed some light on two perquisites for the act of memorizing the Qur’an and then elaborate on some practical steps to be followed.

A- Two Perquisites for the Act of Memorizing the Qur’an:

1- Having Pure Intention:

Whether in memorizing the Qur'an or doing anything for Allah, a most important obligation is to purify the intention and correct the goal. Thus, one's concern to memorize Qur'an and preserve it must be secured for Allah, the Sublime and Exalted, for gaining His Paradise and attaining His Pleasure, and for acquiring the great rewards that are reserved for those who recite the Qur'an and memorize it. Therefore, there is no reward for one who recites the Qur'an or memorizes it for people's sake: to show off and to be heard of.

2- Having a Truthful and Firm Resolution to Memorize it:

A person should have such an intent when commencing the task of memorizing the Qur'an, in the midst of it and even after it when one needs to return to what one has memorized in order to preserve it in his memory. Without this firm resolution a person will treat the whole matter lightly, will become tired easily and will not even be able to achieve his goal.

One of the ways a person develops a firm intent is to know the excellence of the Qur'an and to aspire after the reward mentioned above, and yearn drawing close to Allah through that act of worship.

B- Practical Steps for Memorizing the Qur'an:

1- Correcting Pronunciation and Recitation:

The first step in memorizing the Qur'an is to correct the pronunciation. This cannot be fulfilled unless one listens to a good and precise reciter or memorizer of the Qur'an.
The Qur'an cannot be learned without a teacher. Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, was the most eloquent of all the Arabs. Yet, he learnt the Qur'an from Angel Jibreel (Gabriel) orally. Also the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, used to recite the Qur'an to Jibreel once in every year - in Ramadan. And in the year that he died, he recited it to him twice.
Likewise, Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, taught the Qur'an to his Companions orally; and he heard it from them, after they had learned it from him, time and again.

Therefore, one is required to learn the Qur'an from a good reciter, to correct one's recitation on a first basis. Also, one should not rely solely on oneself in learning the recitation of the Qur'an, even if one is knowledgeable of the Arabic language and its principles. This is so because in the Qur'an there are many verses that occur in a way uncommon in the rules of the Arabic language.

2- Adhering to a daily Limit for Memorizing the Qur'an:

One must set a daily limit for some verses of Surahs (Chapters) of the Qur'an that one wishes to memorize. This limit should be reasonable and possible to fulfill. It varies in its amount from one person to another.

One should resist the temptation to move to a new portion of the Qur'an before perfecting the memorization of the current portion that agrees with the set limit. This is a disciplinary measure that helps one concentrate on one thing at a time, reducing interruption, and enabling one to firmly establish one's current portion in one's mind.

3- Continual Recitation and Revision:

Once one has corrected one's recitation and set one's daily limit, one should begin his memorization process by continual recitation and repetition of one's daily portion.

The memorizer must occupy himself with this through the hours of the day and night. He should recite it:

-in the Fard (obligatory) as well the Nafl (optional) prayers,
-while sitting in the Masjid (mosque) awaiting the Jama'ah (congregational) prayer,
-for a few minutes after the Jama'ah prayer,
-before going to sleep,
-while waiting for anything (bus, dentist, etc.),
-while riding a bus, car, etc.

In this way, it is possible for a person to practice his memorization even when occupied with other matters, because one is not restricted to just one specific time for memorizing the Qur'an. And with approach of night one will find that one's set limit is memorized and firmly established in one's mind. And if something unusual happens to occupy the memorizer during the day, preventing him from completing the set limit, one should not move onto the next portion of the Qur'an on the following day. Rather, one should continue with what one had started the day before, until the memorization is perfected.

4- Reciting in a Melodic Tone:

During memorization, one should recite the Qur'an in a melodic tone, beautifying the reading as much as possible. It is important the one reads melodically because of the following reasons:

a) Melodic recitation conforms with the Sunnah of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, who used to recite the Qur'an in a melodious and tranquil manner.
b) It conforms with the Prophet's command when he said, "Whoever does not chant the Qur'an (recite it melodiously) is not of us."
c) It is pleasing to one's ears, providing incentive to continue with the memorization.
d) It helps make one's memorization firm and strong. The tongue will always return to a specific tone of voice, and would thus detect a mistake whenever the balance or harmony in one's recitation becomes disordered. The reciter's tongue will not comply with him in making a mistake when he is unmindful.

5- Using the Same Copy of the Qur'an (Mushaf):

A memorizer of Qur'an should have a specific Mushaf (copy of the Qur'an) from which he reads all the time. A person memorizes using vision as he does using hearing. The script and form of the verses, and their places in the Mushaf leave an imprint in the mind when they are recited and looked at frequently.

6- Understanding Is the Way to Memorizing the Qur'an:

An important thing that greatly aids the process of memorizing the Qur'an is to understand the meaning of the verses one is memorizing, and know how they are linked to each other. Thus the memorizer should read the Tafsir (explanation) of the verses that he desires to memorize, and should bring their meanings to mind while he is reciting them. This makes it easy easier for him to remember them.

Knowing the meaning of the verses is extremely important for memorizing the Qur'an, and to increase the rewards of reciting the Qur'an. However, one should not merely rely on this for memorization. Rather, as explained earlier, the repetition of these verses should be the foundation. He should repeat them many times, until the tongue can recite them easily - even if the mind drifts away from the meaning. As for the one who relies upon the meaning alone, he will forget often, and his recitation will be disrupted as soon as his mind wanders, which is a common occurrence with lengthy readings.

7- Linking the Verses:

As one completes memorizing a full Surah, one should perfect it by connecting its verses together, both in meaning and in the flow of his tongue easily through them.

One should be able to recite the verses without having to think or go through trouble remembering them. Reciting these verses should become as easy for him as the flow of water. He should be able to recite them without hesitation, even if his mind wanders away from their meaning.

When the verses are well linked and perfected, one should be able recite them almost as easily as one recites Surat al-Fatihah. This only occurs through repeating these verses frequently and reciting them often.

Thus, a memorizer should firmly establish a Surah that he is memorizing in his mind, with its verses well linked together. He should not move to another Surah until he has fulfilled this in a very good way.

8- Reciting to Others:

A memorizer should not rely on memorizing individually. Rather, he should test his memorization by reciting the verses to a companion who knows them by heart, or who can follow from the Mushaf. It would be most recommended that this companion be a precise memorizer himself - he would then be able to alert him to possible subtle errors, as well as prompting him when he forgets or makes mistakes.

It is very common for one to make mistakes in memorizing a Surah, without realizing it - even when one looks at the Mushaf. Reading often races the eyesight; and one may overlook one's mistakes while reading from the Mushaf. Reciting the Qur'an to a knowing companion is a means of avoiding these errors and keeping one's mind constantly alert.

9- Constant Review of What Has Been Memorized:

Qur'an is different from any other material that one memorizes, whether poetry or prose. It quickly evaporates from one's mind. Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "By Him in whose Hand is my soul, it (the Qur'an) is more likely to escape than tied camels." No sooner would a memorizer leave what he finished memorizing, even for a short while, than it starts slipping away from him - he quickly forgets it! Thus, it is necessary for one to follow up to what one has memorized in a constant and careful manner. In this regard, the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said:
"Verily, the example of a possessor (in memory) of the Qur'an is like a possessor of tied camels. If he watches over them carefully, he would keep them; if he lets them break loose, they would run away from him."

This means that a Hafiz (memoriser) of the Qur'an should have an allocated portion that he constantly reads every day. This portion should not be less than one thirtieth, and should not exceed ten parts (of thirty) of the whole Qur'an, because Allah's Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "It would be difficult for anyone who recites the (full) Qur'an in less then three nights to comprehend it."

Only with this constant revision, and consistent watch, one would retain what one has memorized of the Qur'an and protect it from slipping away.

10- Watching for Analogous Sections of the Qur'an:

Various parts of the Qur'an resemble each other in meaning, wording, or repetition of verses. The Qur'an consists of more than six thousand verses. Of those approximately two thousand carry some sort of resemblance to others. The resemblance varies from total coincidence, to a difference in one letter, a word or two, or more.

Thus a good reciter of the Qur'an should direct special attention to the verses that resemble each other in wording. The excellence of one's memorization depends on this watchfulness in this regard.

Excerpted, with modifications, from www2.essex.ac.uk/users/rafiam

Dear brother, we hope all the above-mentioned facts and methods will help you accomplish the task of memorizing the Glorious Qur'an. May Allah Almighty help all of us stick to its teachings, Amen

.......................................................................................................

Program for memorizing the Holy Quran

The Program websites
http://quran.muslim-web.com/memorize.htm

The program has many other useful aspects including tafseer, translation into a different language etc. I hope you find it useful. Sorry if I have not explaind it well.

......................................................................................................

Alhamdo lilla I am able to attach the word document file (containing a plan- learning the Quran in 300 days).This is only a suggestion that I found. You do not have to do it in 300 days. You can decide how many ayat/verses you would like to memorize, and use the program above to help you.

Wasalamo aleacom warahmato allah wabarakato

Attachments

• A suggested plan for memorizing the Holy Quran.doc
    363.5 KB · Views: 35

World Peace

Islam is Light
Sorry I am not allowed to attach a file yet :confused: I will add the plan for (memorising the Holy Quran in 300 days) insha Allah when I am allowed to.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Before taking Shahada, I very much enjoyed country music. I probably remembered the words to hundred if not into the thousand + songs without even trying.

In ancient times, the people knew praises and psalms like Modern Western Man knows songs on the radio.

When Yeshua (Jesus (PBUH)) was on the stake or cross or pole and he said

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mar 15:34 وَفِي السَّاعَةِ التَّاسِعَةِ صَرَخَ يَسُوعُ بِصَوْتٍ عَظِيمٍ قَائِلاً: «إِلُوِي إِلُوِي لَمَا شَبَقْتَنِي؟» (اَلَّذِي تَفْسِيرُهُ: إِلَهِي إِلَهِي لِمَاذَا تَرَكْتَنِي؟)

Psa 22:1 To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
Psa 22:2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
Psa 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
Psa 22:4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
Psa 22:5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
Psa 22:6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
Psa 22:7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
Psa 22:8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
Psa 22:9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
Psa 22:10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
Psa 22:11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
Psa 22:12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
Psa 22:13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
Psa 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
Psa 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
Psa 22:19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
Psa 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
Psa 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
Psa 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
Psa 22:23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
Psa 22:24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
Psa 22:25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
Psa 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
Psa 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
Psa 22:28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
Psa 22:29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
Psa 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
Psa 22:31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Psa 22:1 لإِمَامِ الْمُغَنِّينَ عَلَى [أَيِّلَةِ الصُّبْحِ]. مَزْمُورٌ لِدَاوُدَ إِلَهِي! إِلَهِي لِمَاذَا تَرَكْتَنِي بَعِيداً عَنْ خَلاَصِي عَنْ كَلاَمِ زَفِيرِي؟
Psa 22:2 إِلَهِي فِي النَّهَارِ أَدْعُو فَلاَ تَسْتَجِيبُ. فِي اللَّيْلِ أَدْعُو فَلاَ هُدُوءَ لِي.
Psa 22:3 وَأَنْتَ الْقُدُّوسُ الْجَالِسُ بَيْنَ تَسْبِيحَاتِ إِسْرَائِيلَ.
Psa 22:4 عَلَيْكَ اتَّكَلَ آبَاؤُنَا. اتَّكَلُوا فَنَجَّيْتَهُمْ.
Psa 22:5 إِلَيْكَ صَرَخُوا فَنَجُوا. عَلَيْكَ اتَّكَلُوا فَلَمْ يَخْزُوا.
Psa 22:6 أَمَّا أَنَا فَدُودَةٌ لاَ إِنْسَانٌ. عَارٌ عِنْدَ الْبَشَرِ وَمُحْتَقَرُ الشَّعْبِ.
Psa 22:7 كُلُّ الَّذِينَ يَرُونَنِي يَسْتَهْزِئُونَ بِي. يَفْغَرُونَ الشِّفَاهَ وَيُنْغِضُونَ الرَّأْسَ قَائِلِينَ:
Psa 22:8 [اتَّكَلَ عَلَى الرَّبِّ فَلْيُنَجِّهِ. لِيُنْقِذْهُ لأَنَّهُ سُرَّ بِهِ].
Psa 22:9 لأَنَّكَ أَنْتَ جَذَبْتَنِي مِنَ الْبَطْنِ. جَعَلْتَنِي مُطْمَئِنّاً عَلَى ثَدْيَيْ أُمِّي.
Psa 22:10 عَلَيْكَ أُلْقِيتُ مِنَ الرَّحِمِ. مِنْ بَطْنِ أُمِّي أَنْتَ إِلَهِي.
Psa 22:11 لاَ تَتَبَاعَدْ عَنِّي لأَنَّ الضِّيقَ قَرِيبٌ. لأَنَّهُ لاَ مُعِينَ.
Psa 22:12 أَحَاطَتْ بِي ثِيرَانٌ كَثِيرَةٌ. أَقْوِيَاءُ بَاشَانَ اكْتَنَفَتْنِي.
Psa 22:13 فَغَرُوا عَلَيَّ أَفْوَاهَهُمْ كَأَسَدٍ مُفْتَرِسٍ مُزَمْجِرٍ.
Psa 22:14 كَالْمَاءِ انْسَكَبْتُ. انْفَصَلَتْ كُلُّ عِظَامِي. صَارَ قَلْبِي كَالشَّمْعِ. قَدْ ذَابَ فِي وَسَطِ أَمْعَائِي.
Psa 22:15 يَبِسَتْ مِثْلَ شَقْفَةٍ قُوَّتِي وَلَصِقَ لِسَانِي بِحَنَكِي وَإِلَى تُرَابِ الْمَوْتِ تَضَعُنِي.
Psa 22:16 لأَنَّهُ قَدْ أَحَاطَتْ بِي كِلاَبٌ. جَمَاعَةٌ مِنَ الأَشْرَارِ اكْتَنَفَتْنِي. ثَقَبُوا يَدَيَّ وَرِجْلَيَّ.
Psa 22:17 أُحْصِي كُلَّ عِظَامِي وَهُمْ يَنْظُرُونَ وَيَتَفَرَّسُونَ فِيَّ.
Psa 22:18 يَقْسِمُونَ ثِيَابِي بَيْنَهُمْ وَعَلَى لِبَاسِي يَقْتَرِعُونَ.
Psa 22:19 أَمَّا أَنْتَ يَا رَبُّ فَلاَ تَبْعُدْ. يَا قُوَّتِي أَسْرِعْ إِلَى نُصْرَتِي.
Psa 22:20 أَنْقِذْ مِنَ السَّيْفِ نَفْسِي. مِنْ يَدِ الْكَلْبِ وَحِيدَتِي.
Psa 22:21 خَلِّصْنِي مِنْ فَمِ الأَسَدِ وَمِنْ قُرُونِ بَقَرِ الْوَحْشِ اسْتَجِبْ لِي.
Psa 22:22 أُخْبِرْ بِاسْمِكَ إِخْوَتِي. فِي وَسَطِ الْجَمَاعَةِ أُسَبِّحُكَ.
Psa 22:23 يَا خَائِفِي الرَّبِّ سَبِّحُوهُ. مَجِّدُوهُ يَا مَعْشَرَ ذُرِّيَّةِ يَعْقُوبَ. وَاخْشُوهُ يَا زَرْعَ إِسْرَائِيلَ جَمِيعاً.
Psa 22:24 لأَنَّهُ لَمْ يَحْتَقِرْ وَلَمْ يَرْذُلْ مَسْكَنَةَ الْمَِسْكِينِ وَلَمْ يَحْجِبْ وَجْهَهُ عَنْهُ بَلْ عِنْدَ صُرَاخِهِ إِلَيْهِ اسْتَمَعَ.
Psa 22:25 مِنْ قِبَلِكَ تَسْبِيحِي فِي الْجَمَاعَةِ الْعَظِيمَةِ. أُوفِي بِنُذُورِي قُدَّامَ خَائِفِيهِ.
Psa 22:26 يَأْكُلُ الْوُدَعَاءُ وَيَشْبَعُونَ. يُسَبِّحُ الرَّبَّ طَالِبُوهُ. تَحْيَا قُلُوبُكُمْ إِلَى الأَبَدِ.
Psa 22:27 تَذْكُرُ وَتَرْجِعُ إِلَى الرَّبِّ كُلُّ أَقَاصِي الأَرْضِ. وَتَسْجُدُ قُدَّامَكَ كُلُّ قَبَائِلِ الأُمَمِ.
Psa 22:28 لأَنَّ لِلرَّبِّ الْمُلْكَ وَهُوَ الْمُتَسَلِّطُ عَلَى الأُمَمِ.
Psa 22:29 أَكَلَ وَسَجَدَ كُلُّ سَمِينِي الأَرْضِ. قُدَّامَهُ يَجْثُو كُلُّ مَنْ يَنْحَدِرُ إِلَى التُّرَابِ وَمَنْ لَمْ يُحْيِ نَفْسَهُ.
Psa 22:30 الذُّرِّيَّةُ تَتَعَبَّدُ لَهُ. يُخَبَّرُ عَنِ الرَّبِّ الْجِيلُ الآتِي.
Psa 22:31 يَأْتُونَ وَيُخْبِرُونَ بِبِرِّهِ شَعْباً سَيُولَدُ بِأَنَّهُ قَدْ فَعَلَ.

all the people knew the psalm he (PBUH) referenced.

I guess it just shows how easy somethings can be when we have intention and desire. I am still trying to memorize al-Fatiha. So, look how far you are already. You are doing great. I think my brain has just been "spoiled and lazy" with all the technological and manual aids to artificial data storing. The Ancients knew so many memorization techniques such as journeying through a well known location. Looking for Acronyms in the first letters of words and sentences. The peg system where a long list of words are memorized and than the memorized words are associated with the list that one wishes to remember.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
wa 'alikum salam.as you were able to memorize all those songs and salms of your precedent religion,it may be easier for you to remember the words which belong to Allah.If you wish to memorize surats of Quran,you should learn the basis of Arabic language,so that in sh Allah you'll be able to print each word in your mind.

World Peace

Islam is Light
Salamo aleacom Warahmato Allah wabarakato sister hayat84

I added the information in my first post of this thread, under the heading Methods of Memorizing the Qur'an. Sorry if I didnt make it clear, the link is from where I obtained it.
The program that helps in learning the Holy Quran is also posted at the end. It is displayed as Program for memorising the Holy Quran.
I hope it is clearer now, if not please let me know and I will include it again.

Wasalamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
sorry,I tried to search this program but the site doesn't recognize the terms"program for memorizing the Holy Quran".I regret,maybe I am not able to enter this site

World Peace

Islam is Light
Salamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato Sister hayat84

I have edited my fist post here in this thread, I hope it is clearer. Let me know if you have any problems sister.

Wasalamo aleacom warahmato Alah wabarakato

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
We don't know if this ever happened. It is more likely that Jesus, peace be upon him, was raised to heaven before the Roman soldiers could capture him and that Judas Iscariot was the one on the cross after God cast the likeness of Jesus on him. This also explains why the crucified man cried out, "My God, why have you forsaken me?" which doesn't sound like anything Jesus would say.

According to the Gospel of Barnabas, when Jesus came back briefly to assure his disciples that he was not crucified, he showed them his hands. They had no marks of nail wounds. So, he must have not been on the cross in the first place.

As Salamu 'Alaykum, Thank you, Brother Ayman, for correcting me. A Muslim brother was showing me similarities between Arabic and Hebrew and used that Bible verse as an example. I must have misunderstood his example as an acceptance of the verses validity. Please, whenever you see me making a mistake that may cause someone else to stumble or misunderstand the truth, correct me. It is kinder than allowing my ignorance to mislead others. I think I had shared that wish with you in an pm; so, I just wanted to let everyone know that I would much prefer what we, in Christianity, called a rebuke here than a consequence later.

It is very clear that "Jesus" (Yeshua) (PBUH)never claimed to be God. He said Allah was his (PBUH) God and our God. Yeshua (PBUH) never claimed to know what Allah knows. He never claimed to be a partner with Allah. All the verse of the current available bible that claim to quote Yeshua has him referring to Allah as God and not half or a third of God.

Al Qur'an says in

An-Nisa
And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny; (156) And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. (157)

I just didn't read it carefully enough to see that Al Qur'an specifically say nor crucified. (I read it as meaning he wasn't put to death by crucifixion.)

So, as the one Bible verse says:

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The one thing that I know is that Allah is

Al-Mu'min
* The One Who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.
* The One with Faith.
* The Faithful, The Trusted.

Al-'Alim
* The Knowledgeable, The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.
* The All Knowing, The Omniscient.

Al-Khabir
* The One Who Knows the truth of things.
* The Aware.
* The Segacious, One Who is Aware.

Al-Haqq
* The One Who Truly Exists.
* The Truth, The Just.

Al-Wahid
* The One without a partner.
* The One, The Unique.

a_stranger

:salam2:

It is very clearly stated in Quran :

An-Nisa [4:157]
وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَـكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا

Waqawlihim inna qatalna almaseeha AAeesa ibna maryama rasoola Allahi wama qataloohu wama salaboohu walakin shubbiha lahum wainna allatheena ikhtalafoo feehi lafee shakkin minhu ma lahum bihi min AAilmin illa ittibaAAa alththanni wama qataloohu yaqeenan

4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

May Allah help us memorize his words and guide us all to Janna.

a_stranger

The Prophet :saw2: said :
1) The best of you is he who learnt the Holy Quran and taught it to others. (Bukhari)
2) Undoubtedly, the heart gets rusted like metal gets rusted when water goes over it. The People asked, "How can they [hearts] be cleaned." The Prophet replied, "To remember death in abundance and to recite the Holy Quran." (Mishkat)
3) That chest which does not have any Quran in it is like an abandoned house. (Tirmizi, Darmi)
4) Whoever read the Quran and memorized it and belived its' Halal to be Halal and its Haram to be Haram [i.e., accepted it commandments of Halal and Haraam], Allah will accept the intercession for such 10 people on from him whom Hell had already become Wajib. (Tirmizi, Ibn-e-Majah)
5) Whoever is an expert in reciting the Holy Quran is with the Kiraman Katebeen and whoever reads the Quran with pauses and it is difficult for him, that is, his tounge does not move easily and he recites with difficutly for him there are two rewards. (Bahar-e-Shariat)
6) The one who has memorized Quran will be told to read and climb and recite with Tarteel (clear and distinct recitation) like you used to read with Tarteel in the Dunya; your place will be where you read your last Ayat. (Bahar-e-Shariat)
7) Allah says, "Whoever was kept busy with the [recitation] of Quran from my Zikr and asking me, I will give him better than those who I give to those who ask" and the excellence of the Word of Allah over all the other words is like the excellence of Allah over all his creation.
8) Learn the Quran and read it because whoever learned the Quran and read it and did Qayam with it is like a bag filled with Musk whose fragrance is spread everywhere and whoever learned the Quran and slept that is he did not do Qiyamul Layl is like a bag which is filled with Musk and its mouth has been closed. (Tirmizi, Ibn-e-Majah, Nisaee)
9) Read the Quran when you heart feels affection and attachment and when your heart becomes bored stand up that is stop reciting the Quran. (Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim)
10) Decorate the Quran with your (good) voices. (Mishkat)
11) O People of the Quran, do not make the Quran a pillow, that is do not be lazy and be careless, and read the Quran in the day and night like it is the Haq of Recitation, and spread it, that is, read with good voices or do not take compensation for it, and whatever is in it, reflect upon itso that you may attain success, and do not hurry in its reward because the reward for it is great (which will be given in the Akhirah). (Bahiqi)

Copied from :
http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/English/Jewels_of_Quran.htm

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alik,finally I found the solution!Now I have the entire Quran in traslitteration and it is very easy for me to memorize it.In sh allah I'll print all suras and I'll keep always with me,shukran lak brother/sister,Allah ibarkfik

islamforme

Assalaamalaikum,

I think i am not able to explain it correctly. I have many english transliterations but what i am asking is word to word transliteration. In full sentence transliteration one (non arabic speaker like me) cannot make out what is meaning of each work though we will come to know the meaning of entire ayah or sentence. I want something like given below. I am giving example of last aayah of surah kaafirun.

Lakum For you is
Dīnukum your religion
Wa Liya and for me
Dīni is my religion

This type of word to word transliteration is there in transliteration.org under "Linking Arabic with the English translationn" but it has only few short surahs.

World Peace

Islam is Light
Asalamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato sister hayat84

Alhamdo lillah, I am glad you found it sister. May Allah award you for your intention to memorize the Holy Quran :)

I hope to memorize it too.

I am a sister :)

Wasalamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato