How to contact Al-azhar

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I tried to mail them through their site but could not as a reply came that their mail box is full.
Can anybody help me to contact the University administration of Al-Azhar ?
Jazakumullah khair
wa/salam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته
Can anybody help me to contact the University administration of Al-Azhar ?

i'm there Akhee tell me if i could help u..to direct contact with President of Al-Azhar University ..don't worry Akhi feel free to ask me any Questions n i'll give u the answers Directally from him insha`Allah..

put as Brother . VE this's ...But Really i'm not Sure about the Tel. No.
and the fax. No. any way that's contact info in the link which sharing by Brother VE... i'll ask them the right one insha`Allah..

Contact Al-Azhar
University Address Any inquiries of correspondence should be addressed to the president of "AL-AZHAR" University Madinat Nasr, Cairo, The Arab Republic of Egypt.

Cairo :2611419 - 2623278

Telex :21945

Fax :2611404

Email [email protected]

but u should Add 002002 before the No. above

i leave u in care of Allah

<wasalam>

assalamualikum

brother if you wanna have a diploma degree about islam then you can go to al-azhar.

but if you want learn islam for your self and also to have hadiths and quran in your life then go in a islamic madarasah.

allah knows the best.

PS: i dont mean any negativ about Al-azhar university.

Globalpeace

Banned
Al-Azhar University

Asslamo Allaikum

I am NOT a knowledgable person but some of things that have been coming out of Al-Azhar university (Interest, Hijab, Beard etc..) are shocking!

I am not knowledgable enough to critique it; but I do find them baffling; and I find them against the mainstream Islamic opinion and against the historical context...

I have not used the words Qur'aan & Sunnah because I am not knowledgable enough to start debating with Al-Azhar; but I certainly don't follow them and leave things which sound funny to me to Allah (SWT)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Asslamo Allaikum

I am NOT a knowledgable person but some of things that have been coming out of Al-Azhar university (Interest, Hijab, Beard etc..) are shocking!

I am not knowledgable enough to critique it; but I do find them baffling; and I find them against the mainstream Islamic opinion and against the historical context...

I have not used the words Qur'aan & Sunnah because I am not knowledgable enough to start debating with Al-Azhar; but I certainly don't follow them and leave things which sound funny to me to Allah (SWT)

Wa AlaykumAssalam
Akhi, Although i'm gradulated from Al-Azhar University but when i wanna Seeking Knowledge i go to some salafi's Scholars who's Sheikhs Albanian's n Ibn Baz's Students..that's All..like ( Abu IsaaQ Alhweini ,Ibrahim Brahmi ,Mohamed Hussein Ya3cob, Ismail Almokadem)..ect..

and but Alhamdulillah i was taken from Al-Azhar Learning Quranby Heart n sciences of Hadeeth n fiq, Tafseer, and sciences of Arabic langauge..But i didn't taken Aqeedah from there...may be i was studies the Basic there..but Alhamdulillah i studies The Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah from salafi's scholars ..such as Imam al-Nawawi, Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, Ibn al-Qayyim, Ibn Katheer, Ibn Rajab al-‘Asqallaani, al-Shawkaani and others; and contemporary scholars such as Muhammad ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mubaarakfoori, Muhammad al-Ameen al-Shanqeeti, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Naasir al-Sa’di, ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz and Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy on them all.

then i'm agree with u Al-Azhar doing many mistakes..but every place u 'll find the good n the bad ones..

n if u wanna seek Islamic Scienceu should go to salafi's Scholars..may be in Yemen ,Egypt , KAS speacially Makkah n Al-Madinah..

i leave u in care of Allah

<wasalam>

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Asslamo Allaikum

Salaam brother,

Do you have more information on this? (the stories?). Thanks.

Globalpeace

Banned
Al-Azhar Fatawa

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I have put myself in a difficult position on this one as I am definitely NOT qualified to start judging people; but here are some examples which are factual to the best of my research:

1) Majma-ul-Bahoos, recently allowed fixed interest adopted in a meeting (with a majority of 20 to 1)....How do you pass Islamic injunctions by voting is beyond me!

2) Sheikh Tantavi had issued his opinion about the permissibility of bank interest as a Mufti of Egypt after which he was elevated by the government to the post of Sheikh of Al-Azhar.

3) The visit of French minister to Egypt & his subsequent meeting with Sheikh Tantawi of Al Azhar resulted in a Fatwa for French Muslim women to comply with the law and abandon the Hijab. The move of the french government was condoned by Al-Azhar.

I am loathe to list these things (amongst many) as I don't like judging people or institutions.

Allah knows best and I am sorry for upsetting people.

Salaam brother,

Do you have more information on this? (the stories?). Thanks.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I have put myself in a difficult position on this one as I am definitely NOT qualified to start judging people; but here are some examples which are factual to the best of my research:

1) Majma-ul-Bahoos, recently allowed fixed interest adopted in a meeting (with a majority of 20 to 1)....How do you pass Islamic injunctions by voting is beyond me!

2) Sheikh Tantavi had issued his opinion about the permissibility of bank interest as a Mufti of Egypt after which he was elevated by the government to the post of Sheikh of Al-Azhar.

3) The visit of French minister to Egypt & his subsequent meeting with Sheikh Tantawi of Al Azhar resulted in a Fatwa for French Muslim women to comply with the law and abandon the Hijab. The move of the french government was condoned by Al-Azhar.

I am loathe to list these things (amongst many) as I don't like judging people or institutions.

Allah knows best and I am sorry for upsetting people.

W-salaam brother, and thanks.

You didn't have to post if you didn't want to! I was merely curious. Besides, I don't think it classes as 'judgement' if you are merely listing (presumably verified) points of Islamic interest.

Thanks again, I'll do some more research :)

Globalpeace

Banned
Curiosity killed the Cat!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Just remember the subject line...

:)

There was a time when Al-Azhar was regarded as one of the Greatest Islamic institutions; sadly it is no more as grand as its history.

I felt very uncomfortable about it; but you asked so I had to answer.

W-salaam brother, and thanks.

You didn't have to post if you didn't want to! I was merely curious. Besides, I don't think it classes as 'judgement' if you are merely listing (presumably verified) points of Islamic interest.

Thanks again, I'll do some more research :)