HOW TO DELETE WORD?

theonlystar

:salam2:

I went to research on www.islamqa.com
I wrote it on search box, something private words which i dont want my brothers to find it out. so how can i delete it?

For Example:

I wrote : unhappy
next day one of my brother type 'u' and he found 'unhappy' and asked me and my family who wrote 'unhappy'.

Understand?

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yea, I understand. But I don't think Islam-qa saves those things does it?

Well... actually now that i think about it, it depends on the computer. My computer doesn't do that unless I press "remember me" or something, but those dratted computers at the libraries ALWAYS have that! :)

well... hmm.. does history like that have anything to do with Cookies?

Have you tried going to the top of your Internet Browser (if Using IE - Internet Explorer, i don't like FireFox, so i don't know about that!) then clicking on Tools then Scrolling down to Internet Options then deleting the Cookies And/Or Files saved to your Temporary Internet Files???

You really find the most interesting things in there, if i do say so myself! :p

BUT ummm... I have no idea if these two things are inter-related or anything. My way is experimentation, possibly with failure. Someone who actually knows the comoputer can answer this better :redface:

:wasalam:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
wrote : unhappy
next day one of my brother type 'u' and he found 'unhappy' and asked me and my family who wrote 'unhappy'.

Understand?

In your internet explorer open TOOLS menu

* Click INTERNET OPTIONS

* Select CONTENT Tab

* Click AUTO COMPLETE button

* A new window will open. Remove all the check boxes. Also press the button named CLEAR FORMS

See Attached Image below

attachment.php

PS
I wrote it on search box, something private words which i dont want my brothers to find it out. so how can i delete it?
Hopefully you will not misuse the freedom of clearing the forms :) as you know Allah is knower of all the things.

Attachments

• clearform.jpg
    clearform.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 49

theonlystar

In your internet explorer open TOOLS menu

* Click INTERNET OPTIONS

* Select CONTENT Tab

* Click AUTO COMPLETE button

* A new window will open. Remove all the check boxes. Also press the button named CLEAR FORMS

See Attached Image below

PS Hopefully you will not misuse the freedom of clearing the forms :) as you know Allah is knower of all the things.

thanks bro!!!! u made my day!!!!!!!

abdellah007

salam alaykum

u all go so far brothers and sister,

if it is like in google so it s easy. if u wrote "unhappy" then the next day u start with "u" and it gives u "unhappy" in the list ,

it s easy, just select it with down arrow in ur keyboard then press on delete botton in ur keyboard , that s all, u wont find it again

wassalam

sharaz

Fear Allah
u all go so far brothers and sister,

if it is like in google so it s easy. if u wrote "unhappy" then the next day u start with "u" and it gives u "unhappy" in the list ,

it s easy, just select it with down arrow in ur keyboard then press on delete botton in ur keyboard , that s all, u wont find it again

wassalam

That true and the best option to delete simple words instead of going through Internet Options

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

I wrote : unhappy

Understand?

Now i am thinking if your brother get this small software installed on pc, your deleting of temperaory files etc will not work any more.

Just run this small program by double click and it will show you your all history!!! Specially all your records in "IE index.dat" option are not deleted. lol

So what do you think now???? Surprised ? :)

Dont worry i will post solution soon.

Wasalam

Attachments

• CHViewer.zip
    364.1 KB · Views: 5

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

I recommend you install Firefox. Simply because all you have to click on is:

Tools > Clear Private Data > Tick the boxes you want (you will just need tick "Saved Form & Search History" > And Click on Clear Private Data

Job Done!

Plus Firefox is a lot better than Internet Explorer.

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

Installing the program is simply.

Wasalam

P.S: If you still have trouble, remote control, so one of us can do it for you :)

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Here is a nice solution - small software again (400kb only) which once installed would come in your system tray. All you have to do is to right click the mouse on its icon and clik on start wipe option.

If you click "restore window" you can see many options and you can click all the check boxes, so that when you run the wipe command all temporary files (your history) will delete.

Note: Index.dat (a secret file that keeps log of your history) will also go once you re-start your computer. So better do it everyday before shutting down your computer.

Hope you find it usefull. :)

Wasalam

Attachments

• iIWiper.zip
    418.8 KB · Views: 6