How to get a book published?

MissSemolina

:salam2:

:ma: I have written and illustrated a few islamic stories for my children. I would really love to get them published, but have no idea where to start or who to approach. I do not know how to present my ideas either. Please do any of you have any suggestions?

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Miss Semolina:hijabi:

marzuki mohamed

congrate sis samolina

:salam2: sis,

wow well done sis !!this is great.. you can help you family economically as well !

its very simple !

1st try to search for a publisher in your country
-check in your local publish book (behind/inside the book should have the
address or contact no ).

-if you plan to publish internationally -go to amazon.com..etc to get a
publisher company address as well ) plus there was plenty of sites
outhere.if you still have no idea..then just type/search for the publisher
official url/website sister.

-don't forget your local newspaper also can be very usefull for promoting
1st release. else you can start with online storytellers for kids...etc

The Key to your succes is " fell free to call and ask them and don't Shy "

is that easy..remember just 1 time call/ask might change your life.

insyallah( with full confident i believe we all can see your publish book very soon )

wasalam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

sorry i dont know! Perhaps you need to get it type set. If it is on computer makes things easier i guess.

Shop around, and perhaps you need to get some sort of copyright too.

wasalam.

lgkeehn

getting published

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I also love to write and enjoy doing children stories. I am not sure where you live but I presume or hope you have in your area what we do here. I live in the state capitol in Washington state. Here about twice a month a group of people who enjoy writing and wish to share their works with others meet. We call it a Literary club but is many by different names. Many people have books published and well known authors. The idea is to share you thoughts and work and get criticism from fellow authors. This is done in a friendly forum and all work to help each other reach their goals of being published. We meet here at a Barnes and Nobles frequently. I believe when someone is first starting some moral support and people with know how is better than beating yourself finding a publisher. I also believe other methods as you suggested can work they just take determination. I would say to look in local newspaper that is where we post our meeting dates and location. You could also contact local bookstores that have area for meetings. I hope this is of some help and may you suceed in your endeavor.
Brother Louis

cadette

Salaams

The quickest and probably the cheapest way if you just want to get started. Get it typeset with all the drawing scanned in as well. Convert your file to PDF format. Apply for copyright. Publish as an e-book. I can remember off hand the site that does it, but I'll do a search on the business forum that I'm a memeber of. Then you can sell it on the internet via click-bank. They sell thousands of e-books. I think they also have utilities on their site that tells you how to get started.

Hope this helps a bit.

Was salaams

MissSemolina

Assalaamu alaykum

JazakAllahu khayran.

I will look into what you advised Cadette inshAllah.

Brother Louis, thank you, but they don't have such things here in the Gulf, to my knowledge, it'll probably be in arabic anyway, no good to me.

Wasalaam

Miss Semolina