How to get rid of Spirits

Salam brothers and sisters,

Alhamdulillah everything is going well with you, I just like to ask a favor from you. Lately, whenever I sleep in the afternoon I'm always seeing spirits besides me or sometimes on top of me which makes me hard to wake up even if I want to. What I always do in this situation is I always pray, and eventually I will wake up. I just want to ask if anyone of you here can recommend me what do during this time and what would be the best dua or prayer I could recite so that the spirits won't be bothering my sleep anymore.

Thank you all so much in advance, may Allah continue to bless us all.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

The following are du'as that you can make before going to sleep and you will be protected against evil spirits In Shaa Allah.

WHAT TO SAY BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP

1) Cup your palms together then blow gently into them and recite Surah Al Ikhlas, Falaq and Nas. Then after praying pass your hands over as much of your body as you can reach, beginning with the face and head, then the entire front of your body. Do this three times.

2) Recite Ayatul Kursi.

3) Bismika Rabbee wadha'tu janbee, wa bika 'arfa'uhu, fa'in 'amsakta nafsee farhamhaa, wa 'in 'arsaltahaa faffadhhaa, bimaa tahfadhu bihi 'ibaadakas-salaliheen.

With Your Name my Lord, I lay myself down; and with Your Name I rise. And if my soul You take, have mercy on it, and if You send it back then prot'aect it as You protect Your righteous slaves.

4) Allaahumma 'aslamtu nafsee 'ilayka, wa fawwadhtu 'amree 'ilayka, wa wajjahtu wajhee 'ilayka, wa 'alja'tu dhahree 'ilayka, raghbatan wa rahbatan 'ilayka, laa malja' wa laa manja minka 'illaa 'ilayka, 'aamantu bikitaabikal-lathee 'anzalta wa bi-nabiyyikal-lathee 'arsalta,

O Allah I submit myself to You, entrust my affairs to You, turn my face to You, and lay myself down depending upon You, hoping in You and fearing You. There is no refuge, and no escape, except to You. I believe in Your Book that You revealed, and the Prophet Whom You sent.

INVOCATIONS IF YOU STIR IN THE NIGHT

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu-Wahidul-Qahhaaru, Rabbus-samaawaati wal'aidhi wa maa baynahumal-'Azeezul-Ghaffaaru.

There is none worthy of worship but Allah, the One, the Victorious, Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the Almighty, the All Forgiving.

WHAT TO SAY IF YOU ARE AFRAID TO GO TO SLEEP OR FEEL LONELY OR DEPRESSED

'A'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min ghadhabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri 'ibaadihi, wa min hamazaatish-shayteeni wa 'an yahdhuroon.

I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of devils and from their presence.

Taken from "Fortress of the Muslim - Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah".

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Wa 'alaykum salaam,

Dear sister, do you mind spelling out some of the other experiences you have? For example, do you feel short of breath? Do you feel incapable of warding the spirits off? Do you feel like they're evil and are going to hurt you? And most importantly, do you feel pain when you wake up, particularly in your head?

Only respond if you feel comfortable doing so :)

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

The following are du'as that you can make before going to sleep and you will be protected against evil spirits In Shaa Allah.

WHAT TO SAY BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP

1) Cup your palms together then blow gently into them and recite Surah Al Ikhlas, Falaq and Nas. Then after praying pass your hands over as much of your body as you can reach, beginning with the face and head, then the entire front of your body. Do this three times.

2) Recite Ayatul Kursi.

3) Bismika Rabbee wadha'tu janbee, wa bika 'arfa'uhu, fa'in 'amsakta nafsee farhamhaa, wa 'in 'arsaltahaa faffadhhaa, bimaa tahfadhu bihi 'ibaadakas-salaliheen.

With Your Name my Lord, I lay myself down; and with Your Name I rise. And if my soul You take, have mercy on it, and if You send it back then prot'aect it as You protect Your righteous slaves.

4) Allaahumma 'aslamtu nafsee 'ilayka, wa fawwadhtu 'amree 'ilayka, wa wajjahtu wajhee 'ilayka, wa 'alja'tu dhahree 'ilayka, raghbatan wa rahbatan 'ilayka, laa malja' wa laa manja minka 'illaa 'ilayka, 'aamantu bikitaabikal-lathee 'anzalta wa bi-nabiyyikal-lathee 'arsalta,

O Allah I submit myself to You, entrust my affairs to You, turn my face to You, and lay myself down depending upon You, hoping in You and fearing You. There is no refuge, and no escape, except to You. I believe in Your Book that You revealed, and the Prophet Whom You sent.

INVOCATIONS IF YOU STIR IN THE NIGHT

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu-Wahidul-Qahhaaru, Rabbus-samaawaati wal'aidhi wa maa baynahumal-'Azeezul-Ghaffaaru.

There is none worthy of worship but Allah, the One, the Victorious, Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the Almighty, the All Forgiving.

WHAT TO SAY IF YOU ARE AFRAID TO GO TO SLEEP OR FEEL LONELY OR DEPRESSED

'A'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min ghadhabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri 'ibaadihi, wa min hamazaatish-shayteeni wa 'an yahdhuroon.

I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of devils and from their presence.

Taken from "Fortress of the Muslim - Invocations from the Qur'an and Sunnah".

Thank you brother, I will do this before I will sleep.

Wa 'alaykum salaam,

Dear sister, do you mind spelling out some of the other experiences you have? For example, do you feel short of breath? Do you feel incapable of warding the spirits off? Do you feel like they're evil and are going to hurt you? And most importantly, do you feel pain when you wake up, particularly in your head?

Only respond if you feel comfortable doing so :)

Salam sister. Yes, I feel shorten of breath and it's like I am awake but I cannot wake up
and I cannot move my body. The spirits don't hurt me but It's like they doesn't want me to wake up. So what I did I keep on praying until I will wake which eventually happened to me every time. I don't feel any pain whenever I wake up only that I am breathing quickly its like I have been running.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam sister,it also could be sleep paralisys.your body is still asleep but your subconscious is going to wake up.if you substain that spirits come to see you,have you asked why and where they are from?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamu'alaykum,

Like sister Hayat said, it is most likely a case of some sort of sleeping disorder, sleep paralysis to be precise, and not spirits or Jinn. Visit your doctor, get a referral to see a neurologist, have a sleep study conducted at a hospital if need be and go from there InshaAllah.

May Allah reduce your burdens and grant you ease.