Problem How to help a revert?

Enas

:salam:

I have a little problem brothers and sisters, My cousin has a friend or you could say perhaps a boyfriend? I have repeatedly told her it was haram, yesterday I asked her about him and she said she wanted me to talking to him about Islam. I was apprehensive but agreed, I told her that he could email me, (No worries I had a maharam next to me so it was not one on one)

We talked for 3 hours strictly about Islam I never once gave him my opinion's but only Hadiths and Quran and he enjoyed that saying that it was amazing that everything that made sense was not a opinion of a Majid or my opinion but straight from the Quran

Soon he asked if he could become Muslim, I showed him a video of how to become a Muslim by saying sahahda. Now the problem I am facing is should I jump into salah, sawm, and the sorts or should I go slow?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

Firstly does he believe in the Shahada? Give him some more information about Tawheed and this is continuous knowledge seeking in sha Allah. If he believes in Allah alone, and wants worship Allah and follow the Messenger :saw:, then proceed to explain that once he does become Muslim, the five times prayer, fasting in ramadhan, Zakat and Hajj all become obligatory on him.

Enas

Wa alaykum salam,

Firstly does he believe in the Shahada? Give him some more information about Tawheed and this is continuous knowledge seeking in sha Allah. If he believes in Allah alone, and wants worship Allah and follow the Messenger :saw:, then proceed to explain that once he does become Muslim, the five times prayer, fasting in ramadhan, Zakat and Hajj all become obligatory on him.

From what I can tell he seems to firmly believe, he loves the fact that Allah forgives no matter what and he understands that Allah is the Only one no son no nothing, Just Him

Inshallah I think I should talk to him about our Beloved Prophet (pbuh) show him some videos about the Seerah of the Prophet (pbuh) and so on so he can get the love of the Prophet (pbuh)

so just for now I should make him focus on Allah and the Prophet (pbuh) and after he gets this in his heart I should talk to him about the five pillars

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleykum
It is up to him and how he behaves after learning what islam really is. For some takes days while some study islam for years before converting. Even if he starts immediately with prayers, he will need time to learn few Surah, so patience is needed. Once Allah guides his heart, he will be safe. Inshallah

Enas

Salam aleykum
It is up to him and how he behaves after learning what islam really is. For some takes days while some study islam for years before converting. Even if he starts immediately with prayers, he will need time to learn few Surah, so patience is needed. Once Allah guides his heart, he will be safe. Inshallah

True, When I began talking to him I told him I wasn't gonna force him to convert and that only Allah can guide him

Are there any Verses from the Quran or special hadiths that I could show him for him to at least get the feeling of love for Allah

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
The entire Quran can show Allah's love. Maybe you can choose those words that show how blessed is a person chosen to be Muslim, esp. for a revert, is like a veil being lifted and one becomes aware of Allah and Allah's signs. Not all those that read and memorise actually understand.
Wa salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
True, When I began talking to him I told him I wasn't gonna force him to convert and that only Allah can guide him

Are there any Verses from the Quran or special hadiths that I could show him for him to at least get the feeling of love for Allah

I was preparing an article on this, in sha Allah I will try get it ready soon.

Which language does he speak?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Why not get him to sign up here? A lot of people use this site before taking shahada, alhamdulillah. In sha Allah we will help support him with any questions and there is plenty of information here for him to get into.

Enas

Why not get him to sign up here? A lot of people use this site before taking shahada, alhamdulillah. In sha Allah we will help support him with any questions and there is plenty of information here for him to get into.

Yes! This sounds like a great idea, I don't think any other site would be better then this one! Alhmaduila