Human Tragedies: Ipswich Murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/6177985.stm

I had a disagreement with a Brother last night as I was trying to allude that it is a “Human Tragedy” that those girls in Ipswich although being Prostitutes were brutally murdered.

My argument is that I have never been in a position so can’t comment on the reasons but it can’t be easy for someone to go out there & sell themselves; it is an absolute degradation of Humanity.

I had a similar argument with a Brother about break-ups (relationships) as I was pointing out that when relationships break it hurts (Muslim or Non-Muslim…Professional, Amateurs, Politicians, Movie-Stars what-ever)

In my limited experience & knowledge we (as Muslims) should be humble, soft-hearted and always try to help the situation (Muslims or Non-Muslims) and do the best we can…Non-Muslims are not be hated or despised but they are to be helped!

In my humble opinion we should make the distinction between Faith & Person…Disbelief, Acts contrary to Sunnah (Bid’aa), Shirk are to be hated but not the Person perpetrating it…Our guide is the Qur’aan and the Sunnah & we should try our utmost to propagate it and STOP acts contrary to them…

I know Non-Muslims who are going through difficult times in their personal lives and on the weekends they go out & get completely hammered (drunk!)…so they loose their money and their mental state never changes; the lack of money makes the situation worse! I speak to them & a lot of times they ignore my Dawah but accept other tit-bits (what-ever helps them)

Please note that throughout this message I have referred to “Humanity” and not referred to Muslim/Non-Muslim White/Non-White or any other divide/difference.

Salvation only depends on proclaiming the Shahada, accepting it from the heart & acting according to Qur’aan and Sunnah and nothing else!

Jazakullah Khairun

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I understand your point brother. But I think the real tragedy is that these people have wasted their lives and have died while in a state of disbelief. This is the only reason I feel a little sympathetic towards them.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Jazakullah Khairun for an extremely pertinent point, however in my humble & unqualified (& most likely wrong opinion) there must be some human feelings for human suffering....

There is a brother who has put a message on another thread about "It being Haram to Cage Birds (Parrots)..."

If our Shariah dictates not to harm Parrots then surely "We are Allowed" to feel pain about fellow Humans in dire circumstances...

Off course the pain is greater when they die without Eeman (& Eternal)

Hopefully I have not offended you Dear Brother.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:wasalam:

Do not worry Brother, you have said nothing to cause offence:) On the contrary, I agree. We are human after all, there is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for others due to their suffering or plight, whether muslim or non-muslim.
It is just more dificult for me to emotionally relate to the the people in this case.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

You are gracious and well-mannered Dear brother & May Allah (SWT) reward you in this world and the next (Ameen)

It obviously makes the loss of life absolutely tragic when it is without Eeman (ultimate loss)

I remember that when Umar (RA) saw the old monk during his travels who was frail and couldn’t lift his neck up & Umar (RA) cried and he explained that this Christian monk had abandoned the world (due to his devotion) but all of efforts are in vain because in the next world he will ALSO have nothing so double loss brought tears to the eyes of Umar(RA)…

What a tragedy!

Ayep

salam2: brothers and sisters

I guess all of us will go through such feelings of sadness towards the general state of humanity. I felt compelled to spread the message of Islam to my non-Muslims friends but looking at the mental state they are in now, the best way is to just show by example how a Muslim practice his/her life.

I noticed they shut themselves out or ridicule (the insincere ones)when I talk about Islam as though I am going to hypnotize them or something.There are at least one or two who will really listen and ask question about Islam so I treasure them more for their understanding and open-mindedness.

Initially I felt frustrated, but after learning more from the Quran and hadith that we are obligated to spread the message of Islam but not obligated to convert people cause there is "no compulsion in religion" - Al Baqarah(2:256)
I felt more calm and collected. Only Allah will open people's heart to embrace Islam, we are here to show them the choice- that is the beauty of Islam.

So now I stick to sincere people and stay away from the insincere ones. I may be wrong but I guess everyone will be shown the true path(Islam) at least once or twice in their lifetime, its whether they follow or find out the truth or stick to their selfish desires.

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
(128. Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger from among yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He is eager for you; for the believers [he is] full of pity, kind, and merciful.)

(129. But if they turn away, say: "Allah is sufficient for me. There is no God but He, in Him I put my trust and He is the Lord of the Mighty Throne.'')

At-Tauba(9:128-129)

Allah knows best​

lion heart

Assalamualaikum wr wbkt

I have feelings of compassion for such people. We as muslims have a great responsibility in this world. Allah SWT has made us from amongst the muslims and this ummah of Nabi SAW has a purpose and that is to carry out the message which was given to him by Allah. Every person that is departing from this world without eeman will hold us accountable in the court of Allah on the day of judgement.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
:salam2: The brotherly love in this thread is great!! hehe.. and just to a comment on this thing in Ipswich - it is like the 21st century version of Jack the Ripper.

shaz_1999

Salamz

Salamz people

People are thinking this (Jack the Ripper - again) but I do not think anybody has said the reason could be this would create a mass panic.

Even though I do not live their but this has creeped me out so much.

I agree that we should show our good Muslim nature to non Muslims because we should make them feel comfortable with us and let them ask any questions regarding our religion. We never know, this meeting of a non Muslim may help them decide in becoming a Muslim.

Take care

Wslamz

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Anyone who has to solicit in such a demeaning manner (Muslim or Non-Muslim) must be absolutely desperate and in my “opinion” we should try to help the situation as much as we can.

I have dealt with people with alcohol/drug issues/problems and in my experience they will go to any lengths to obtain the “fix”…& it is bad!

And Yes! We have Muslim drug addicts & Muslim prostitutes (I have been reliably informed although no first hand knowledge or experience)…

But I do know from experience that there are plenty of Muslim drug dealers “handlers” [insert street term] both in US & UK

Muslimah**

Alhamdulilah, everything Allah does is for the best. Through this maybe it would warn girls not to so hastily take up prostituition when they are deperate for money. It is disgusting how in this society it is regarded as almost normal. Another good side is the media had something else can report on, which will make them leave us alone for a while.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

I find that when we (Muslim) are in the media (rightly or wrongly although the later lately) people ask all sorts of questions about Islam and from anecdotal evidence on the Internet many get interested in Islam and revert…and those who don’t often find the truth.

So it looks bad when we are in the media but is it really bad?

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Media just contradicts everything and in portrays misconception on Islam!

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum ,

Contradictions & Misconceptions can be taken advantage of as opportunities, and as evident from many revert stories on this site…they do work in our favour

That off course doesn’t justify for them to be spreading lies and for us to sit back and let them spread lies about us.

Globalpeace

Banned
Strange Experience!

Asslamo Allaikum All,

I have been running late at night during the last few weeks & got approached by a prostitute (twice)...Same Woman; she ignored me the third night.

Very strange experience to say the least. 1st in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.