I am a Christian, seriously looking at Islam..

joepierre

Carol,
Thanks for posting.
I have a really good book I would like to send you.
If you send your address to #####I will send it.
I hope this is not too confronting.
JP

Noor to shine

He is the One God

Peace to you and all:
tallking about myself I find a clear answer in Quran who is my creator and what is his perfect attributes. I think that the other books introduce a concept that mix the attributes of the creator with the attributes of creatures While Quran is very strict:

112:1 SAY: "He is the One God:
112:2 "God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being
112:3 "He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
112:4 "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him.

Quran

6:103 No human vision can encompass Him, whereas He encompasses all human vision: for He alone is unfathomable, all-aware.

Quran

Quran teaches man to cancell any image or idol from mind to have a pure certain faith.

with best wishes

i was very impressed by Yusuf Estes and the video that I watched. He is from the area I grew up in. I recognized all those areas he was speaking about. So that was kind of funny to me, kind of cool.

I have met several people who have become friends that are Muslim. And because I want to know more about them, I have begun reading and asking questions. I have believed since I was around 14 or 15 years old, that Allah, Buddah, and such were all different names for God. And that Muhammed and Jesus were prophets sent from God. I was raised Catholic but have always questioned everything. I went to both a Catholic and a Baptist church when I was in high school. Always seeking more information. I have read books on the Torah and tried to read on Buddhism.

And so here I am. Seeking more and more. I don't know if this is my path. But I thirst for knowledge. I hope I am not intruding.

acedoc

Quran (22:17): Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians and the Magians and those who associate (others with Allah)-- surely Allah will decide between them on the day of resurrection; surely Allah is a witness over all things.

Quran (2:135 ): They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say you: "No! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

Quran(9:30-31) The Jews call 'Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah's curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him (Allah): (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

:salam2: Dear sister i say no one can open your eyes if Allah wills not. So till he does not will you will keep having these feelings and u wont be able to understand why you should follow Muhammad SAW. See both are messengers of God. But there is a reason why you should follow Muhammad S.A.W. See every prophet who came in the past came for that period until the next prophet came. Like before Jesus pbuh was Moses pbuh. And if you were born before Muhammad SAW was born your duty was to follow Jesus pbuh. But God said that Muhammad is the last prophet.So whoever is born after he came comes under the Ummmah of Muhammad S.A.W. Yes there was no difference in the beliefs of the two prophets. But Bible is not Jesus pbuh words. It was written 100 years after the death of Jesus Pbuh. Infact the people who wrote the bible were not even the followers of Jesus. I dont say that everything in the bible is wrong. NO it is not but it has been corrupted by humans. Thats why you find a 100 different versions. The Quran came from God and it is the word of our Lord. You will find that there is only one Quran. Yes you will find translations in different languages but the Quran remains the way it was told to the prophet 1400 yrs back. One does not say dont follow Jesus pbuh. For us muslims every prophet is perfect , be it Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, or the last prophet. They all taught the same thing that there is only one God and he is the most powerful. He has no children or wife. He is eternal.And that we all are supposed to only pray to him. OK i feel since you want to follow Jesus. Please read this book called this book called " WHAT DID JESUS REALLY SAY" by Mishaal ibn Abdullah. Also read the gospel of Barnabas. Then read the quran. May Allah guide you .:hijabi:

Tahar

Hi! There is nothing wrong with following the great example of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him.) Muslims consider him a great prophet and believe in his message. It is a prerequisite for us Muslims to believe in the message of all God's messengers and prophets that came before Mohammed (pbub) including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus christ. But you have to realize that Islam is God's third and final testament.

In the Bible, Jesus told his followers that he must go so that the "comforter", "the spirit of truth" can come and guide us. He prophesied the coming of Mohammed (pbuh), Mohammed was nicknamed "alamin" or the spirit of truth even before prophethood . And true to the prophesy, Mohammed has brought us complete guidance about every little detail in our life. He gave us the manual to life: The Quran and "Hadiths."

The Quran is truly the word of God reveled to Mohammed through angel Gabriel. In the Bible you will find a reference to a dialogue between God and Moses informing him of Mohammed, a prophet and leader like Moses "like unto thee", and the Quran which is God's "words in his mouth" (the mouth of Mohammed (pbuh)):

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18.

Sister Carole, you are on an important journey. Take your time, research and discover. With the grace of God, you will eventually find the right path.

Patricia(Aisha)

Assalamu Aleikum to all

May Allah guide us all in the right pad.

I would like to leave here my opinion on this "must" discussed subject.

I was brought up under Cristian belief. I even went to the church to learn the religion, when I was about 5 or 6 years old. But me and my friend always try to run away from the priest and skip the classes.

So you can understand that from early age I did not follow the Cristian religion at all.

I convert to Islam in August 2004, and believe me it was not because I was ignorant in my beliefs, but because I start to see the beauty and the truth of Islam.

I married a muslim man and apart from what everybody thinks including my father, I did not convert because of him. But in part I have to "blame" him as it was because of marrying him that I start to follow the religion from close.

I use to seat down in my bed and watch him pray and tears come from my eyes. It is beautiful the devotion of muslims towards the religion.

I use to work next door to an Islamic book shop and I met the girl (Umber) who use to work there and today she's my close friend Alhamdulillah. I start to question her about everything and let me tell you she was very patient with me!! With her help and my husband's constant questions if it was really what I wanted to do in my life ( He did question me many times if I was doing this for him or because I really believe in Islam) I did convert ot Islam.

Since then I'm such a better person with the help and guidance of Allah. So many good things happen to me since I convert. I did have so many proves that Allah listens my Du'as. And I hope Allah will give me time and a long life in order for me to become a better muslim.

It was just in this religion that I found that muslims are really close (Really close brothers). Everytime I cross a Muslim sister in the street we always say Assalamu Aleikum to each other.It makes my day!! I never saw this kind of aproach from any other religion belief.

And thank you Mas
The fact you are in the mosque praying and you don't know who's next to you if the most rich person or the mot poor person in the world because in the house of Allah everybody are equal. No matter the status of your life.

The story of the Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) made me cry blood. It will not born again a men like him that's why we should FOLLOW him and his footstep not worship him. Worship just Allah.

I read in a book that an American writter said once: - To change this world it had to come another men like Mohammad (SAWS).

If I continue this will give a story for a book...

And Thank you Mabsoot for making the point that this is a friendly website. I did not like the aproach of Ambuscade either.

P.S - A final note on why Islam... An American lady after th 11 of September were she lost many of her family members, pass trough hard times in her life. Diforced from her husband, with no work and with two daughter to feed she went to a local Sinagogue ( I think is like that they call the jews pray house) to ask for help as she was from Jews descendency. Her father was Jew. Their answer to her cry for help was that she was not even a "true" Jew so why should they help her. She felt her world fall apart. She went to a local mosque and ask for help. She was received with open harms and the Imam even made a "Collection" to raise money to help her. They manage to have enough money to pay her rent for some month he Utility bill and so on... They din't even quesation her what was her religion. This Lady is today a Muslim (MashaAllah), and sh'e trying to raise her daughters to follow the right pad. InchaAllah she will make it.

Wassalam

Aisha

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Muslim character

Muslim Character

We can summarize the teachings of Islam about the Muslim character succinctly in this form:

Be truthful in everything, don’t lie.

Be sincere and straightforward, don’t be hypocritical.

Be honest, don’t be corrupt.

Be humble, don’t be boastful.
Be moderate, don’t be excessive.
Be reserved, don’t be garrulous.

Be soft-spoken, don’t be loud.
Be refined and gentle in speech, don’t cure and use foul language.

Be loving and solicitous to others, don’t be unmindful of them.

Be considerate and compassionate, don’t be harsh.

Be polite and respectful to people, don’t be insulting or disrespectful.

Be generous and charitable, don’t be selfish and miserly.

Be good natured and forgiving, don’t be bitter and resentful.

Share and be content with what Allah has given you, don’t be greedy.

Be cheerful and pleasant, don’t be irritable and morose.

Muslims should be loving to each other

Be chaste and pure, don’t be lustful.

Be alert and aware of the world around you, don’t be absent-minded.

Be dignified and decent, don’t be graceless.

Be optimistic and hopeful, don’t be cynical or pessimistic.

Be confident and have deep faith, don’t be doubtful and wavering.

Be spiritually oriented and not materialistic.

Be confident of the mercy of Allah, don’t be despairing and lose heart.

Be diligent and vigilant of your duties, don’t be negligent.
Be thankful to Allah and constantly pray to Him, don’t be forgetful of His innumerable blessings.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI,

I'm glad to hear that u want 2 learn more about Islam.

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

If u have any questions or concerns feel free to ask at any time, we r all here to help!!

Take Care,

sugarbb

I:) just want to say welcome to TTI !:hearts: May you find this website useful and i hope you will learn more about Islam with an open heart. InsyaAllah.

Hi

assalamo aleikum ,
Be welcome here i was christian before convert to muslim 2 , i was protestant very much but than i saw the light of islam , any kand of help that u need ´plz ask me in what i know i'll try to help u Allah Hafiz :tti_sister:

maninfosys2003

Was Christ (pbuh) Really Crucified

Dear Brother,
Peace and Blessing of AlMighty be upon you.
Welcome to this forum where you will find all answers what you have been searching for in Life.
Please look at these Videos and You B the Judge why people Choose Islam which is unfortunately in troubled state due to politics
Was Christ (pbuh) Really Crucified a debate between great Scholar of Islam and Christian Missionary, both speakers take references from Quran and Bible in order to prove their points with convincing arguments.

Debate between
Pastor Ruknuddin Pio - Arab Christian Missionary
Dr Zakir Naik - Orator On Islam & Comparative Religion

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus' enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him.
It is also true that the Muslims, on the authority of the Qur'an and the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (pbuh). He was the only Prophet of Allah who was raised up alive. Allah says:
Here what AlMighty Allah(SWT) says

[004:157] They said "We killed Jesus, the son of Mary, the Massiah, the messenger of Allah!" But they did not kill him, and they did not crucify him! It just appeared to them to be so! Those who differ are certainly in doubt about that matter. They do not have a definite knowledge. (They have nothing) except their assumptions and conjectures. They definitely did not kill him!

[041:042] Falsehood can neither confront it (Quran) head on, nor approach it (stealthily) from behind. (It is) a revelation from the Wise, the One Worthy of praise.

[003:071] Oh people of the book(Jews and Christians) ! Why do you drape the truth with falsehood? (Why do) you knowingly conceal the truth?

MUST SEE eight parts of the the Video on youtube

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Ruknuddin+Zakir&search=Search
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W18TQhBrFZA

:salah:

acedoc

why are so many attracted to Islam in the West?

Why does Islam continue to be successful in the developed world?
Question No 3143

Question:
Why has Islam continued to be so successful in the modern world?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Islam continues to be successful in the developed world, and elsewhere, because its call is in accordance with the fitrah or natural inclinations of mankind, and it advocates the best of human values, such as tolerance, love, mercy, truthfulness and sincerity.

Islam educates people and lifts them up to righteous conduct, good manners and virtue. Its call is distinguished from others by its realism, balance and moderation. Islam pays due attention to both the soul and the body. It neither suppresses physical desires nor allows extravagance in this regard; it makes a distinction between the natural inclination to enjoy the pleasures of this world and forbidden desires that come under the heading of depravity and perversion.

People embrace Islam because they find security, comfort and peace in it, they see a cure for their problems in it, and through it they are able to get rid of their feelings of confusion, anxiety and loss.

Islam is the religion of the fitrah, the natural inclination or pattern on which Allaah has created mankind. For this reason, people of sound minds and upright inclinations embrace Islam, as Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There is no child who is not born in a state of fitrah (i.e., Islam), then his parents make him into a Jew, a Christian or a Magian (Zoroastrian), just as animals produce whole animals (i.e., the animals are born perfect with no part of their bodies missing). Do you find any born with their ears cut off?’” Then Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “ ‘… Allaah’s handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allaah: that is the Standard Religion…’ [al-Room 30:30 – interpretation of the meaning – Yusuf Ali’s translation].” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1359). What is meant is that Allaah has created mankind with the potential to learn the truth, accept Tawheed (pure monotheism) and submit to Allaah. Their natural inclination is to learn Islam and love it, but a bad education, a kaafir (disbelieving) environment, their own whims and desires and the devils among jinn and mankind turn them away from the truth. Mankind is basically inclined towards Tawheed (pure monotheism), as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) reported that his Lord (Allaah) said: “I created all my slaves as ‘hunafa’ (pure monetheists), but the devils turned them away from their religion.” (Reported by Muslim). For this reason the one who becomes a Muslim after having been a disbeliever is described as having “reverted” to Islam, as this is more correct than saying that he “converted.” When Islam enters a country where there is no nationalism or great legacy of jaahiliyah (ignorance), it spreads quickly because of its strength and the small number of obstacles. You may also see that Islam is suitable for all people, educated and uneducated, male and female, old and young; everyone finds in it what he wants and needs. Those who become Muslim in developed countries realize what their country’s civilization and laws, which have been fabricated from men’s whims and desires, have done to them, and they realize the extent of the misery in which people in developed countries are living. They see how prevalent psychological illnesses, nervous breakdowns, insanity and suicides are, despite the technological advances and great number of discoveries and inventions and modern systems of management. This is because all of that is concerned only with the physical and the outward, but it neglects the inward and fails to nourish and nurture the heart and soul. Allaah says of these people (interpretation of the meaning): “They know only the outside appearance of the life of the world, and they are heedless of the Hereafter.” [al-Room 30:7]

Islam will continue to succeed, with the permission of Allaah, so long as those who work for its sake are sincere and its followers adhere to it and believe in it, and apply its laws.

The fact that there are those who are not committed or who fall short will not prevent Islam from succeeding, with the permission of Allaah, and nothing can distort its beauty. Its light will not falter because some people abandon it or fail to adhere to it. What Islam has given humanity in the way of progress and civilization, and lifting them up from the darkness of oppression and enmity, is pride enough.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

All Rights Reserved for IslamQA© 1997-2007

omar.ghamdi

WELCOME SISTER

I welcome you sister to this site and I can tell you one thing; Allah knows what's inside us and knows if you are sincere in finding the truth and READY to accept it because finding and embracing are totally two different things. If you are ready for both Allah will give it to you. However, I advice you not to rush into things; especially, when it to comes to religions. Take your time and do not make the decision of becoming a Muslim until we fully understand what are you heading for.....

Omar.............

brother4ever

Hello
Sister
First of all Warm Welcome on the behalf of TTI family.How are you & I hope my email find you in the best of you & your family health & I am sure you will whatevr you want , share & and learn lot's of good things,I will prey sister that ALLAH will accept all your wishes and give you Hidayat.

ALLAH HAFIZ
Your Brother