I am kinda confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja_tu_miluju

:salam2: i read somewhere that many popular chewing gums in the US contain pork ingredients often labeled as "softeners."... is this true?

palestine

Servant of Allah
oh trust me, it's true. it usually says gelatin on the ingredients. most gelatins are of pork. and we (me and my friends and family) have personally given a call to some companies and they have admitted that they cook even chips such as hot cheetos with pork oil. it's disgusting. i swear most foods in america, especially chewy sweet stuff contain pork related things. anyways i don't have a source except the phone calls and googling things. check it out at google. they'll tell you what you need to know. asalamu alaykum

ja_tu_miluju

OH wow! Thank you very much! I did not know that. I am going to be a lot more careful of what I eat from now on! Thank you! Allah bless you

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2: i read somewhere that many popular chewing gums in the US contain pork ingredients often labeled as "softeners."... is this true?

:salam2:
Here is a list of halal and haram ingredients, just read the labels inshAllah

What is Halal and Haram?

Halal is a Quranic term, which means 'Allowed', or 'Lawful'.

Allah - the Supreme Law Giver,permits halal foods and drinks for consumption.
Eating Halal is obligatory on every Muslim.

Haram is a Quranic term, which means 'Prohibited', or 'Unlawful'.

Haram foods and drinks are absolutely prohibited by Allah swt - the Supreme Law Giver.
"Eating Haram is forbidden for every Muslim.

"Halal" is a Quranic Term, which means 'Lawful' or 'Permitted'. Sometimes it is translated as 'Acceptable' or 'Not forbidden'. Halal foods and drinks are permitted for consumption by Allah- the supreme lawgiver. In the Holy Quran, Allah commands Muslims and all of mankind to eat of the Halal things. Eating Halal is obligatory.

The opposite of 'Halal' is "Haram", which means 'Unlawful' or 'Prohibited". The other words used for Haram is 'Unacceptable' or 'Forbidden'. Haram foods and drinks are absolutely prohibited for consumption by Allah. Eating Haram is forbidden for every Muslim. If a Muslim consumes Haraam foods, he would be sinful.

What Is Mushbooh?
SHUBHAH (Mushbooh) is an Arabic term, which means 'Suspected'.
If one does not know the Halal or Haram status of a particular food or drink, such a food or drink is
doubtful. A practicing Muslim prevents himself from consuming doubtful things.

"Mushbooh" means 'doubtful' or 'suspected'. If one does not know the Halal or Haram status of a particular food or drink, such a food or drink is doubtful. A practicing Muslims prevents himself from consuming doubtful things.

The terms Halal and Haram will be used strictly to describe food products, meat products, cosmetics, personal care products, food ingredients, beverages and food contact materials. Which foods are Halal or which foods are Haram, is decided according to the Holy Quran and the Glorious Shari’ah (Islamic Law).Most diets and foods are considered to be Halaal unless Islamic Law specifically prohibits them.

The following products are definitely Halal:

Milk (from cows, sheeps, camels or goats).
Honey.
Fish.
Plants which are not intoxicant.
Fresh or naturally frozen vegetables.
Fresh or dried fruits.
Legumes like peanuts, cashew nuts, hazel nuts, walnuts, etc.
Grains such as wheat, rice, rye, barley, oat, etc
Animals such as cows, sheep, goats, deer, moose, chickens, ducks, game birds, etc., are also Halal, but they must be Zabihah (slaughtered according to Islamic Rites) in order to be suitable for consumption. The procedure is as follows: the animal must be slaughtered by a Muslim by putting the animal down on the ground (or holding it if it is small) and slitting it's throat with a very sharp knife to make sure that the main blood vessels are cut. While cutting the throat of the animal without severing it, the person has to recite "Bismillah Allah-u-Akbar".

The following items have been categorically spelled out as being Haram:

Pig/Swine/Pork and its by-products.
Blood and and blood by-products.
Carnivorous animals.
Reptiles and insects.
Halal animals which are not slaughtered according to the Islamic Law.
Animals killed in the name of anyone other than God.
The bodies of dead animals or dead before slaughtering.
Alcohol and intoxicants such as Wine, Ethyl Alcohol, and Spirits etc.

The above mentioned items are Haram and should be strictly avoided by all Muslims.

Foods containing ingredients in the following are example of Mushbooh:

Gelatin.
Enzymes.
Emulsifiers.
Lard.
Glycerol/glycerin etc.

Muslim should avoid such foods containing Mushbooh or questionable ingredients. Before consuming such items, we have to confirm the source of these ingredients.

ja_tu_miluju

Ohhhh yes, ty, that is most helpful. I am very happy to have learnt this today... I would have make some very grave mistakes!

but what does one do if one unknowingly consumes something haram... and then later finds out it is forbidden :S

fatima zahra

salam aleikom thank you all for this information it's the first time i know that chewing gums is haram , i'm moroccan and i live in morocco i want to know if the chewing gums here it's also haram or just in west countries plz help me , may ALLAH bless us jazakom allaho khayran :tti_sister:

muharram23

Staff member
:salam2:
Here is a list of halal and haram ingredients, just read the labels inshAllah

What is Halal and Haram?

Halal is a Quranic term, which means 'Allowed', or 'Lawful'.

Allah - the Supreme Law Giver,permits halal foods and drinks for consumption.
Eating Halal is obligatory on every Muslim.

Haram is a Quranic term, which means 'Prohibited', or 'Unlawful'.

Haram foods and drinks are absolutely prohibited by Allah swt - the Supreme Law Giver.
"Eating Haram is forbidden for every Muslim.

"Halal" is a Quranic Term, which means 'Lawful' or 'Permitted'. Sometimes it is translated as 'Acceptable' or 'Not forbidden'. Halal foods and drinks are permitted for consumption by Allah- the supreme lawgiver. In the Holy Quran, Allah commands Muslims and all of mankind to eat of the Halal things. Eating Halal is obligatory.

The opposite of 'Halal' is "Haram", which means 'Unlawful' or 'Prohibited". The other words used for Haram is 'Unacceptable' or 'Forbidden'. Haram foods and drinks are absolutely prohibited for consumption by Allah. Eating Haram is forbidden for every Muslim. If a Muslim consumes Haraam foods, he would be sinful.

What Is Mushbooh?
SHUBHAH (Mushbooh) is an Arabic term, which means 'Suspected'.
If one does not know the Halal or Haram status of a particular food or drink, such a food or drink is
doubtful. A practicing Muslim prevents himself from consuming doubtful things.

"Mushbooh" means 'doubtful' or 'suspected'. If one does not know the Halal or Haram status of a particular food or drink, such a food or drink is doubtful. A practicing Muslims prevents himself from consuming doubtful things.

The terms Halal and Haram will be used strictly to describe food products, meat products, cosmetics, personal care products, food ingredients, beverages and food contact materials. Which foods are Halal or which foods are Haram, is decided according to the Holy Quran and the Glorious Shari’ah (Islamic Law).Most diets and foods are considered to be Halaal unless Islamic Law specifically prohibits them.

The following products are definitely Halal:

Milk (from cows, sheeps, camels or goats).
Honey.
Fish.
Plants which are not intoxicant.
Fresh or naturally frozen vegetables.
Fresh or dried fruits.
Legumes like peanuts, cashew nuts, hazel nuts, walnuts, etc.
Grains such as wheat, rice, rye, barley, oat, etc
Animals such as cows, sheep, goats, deer, moose, chickens, ducks, game birds, etc., are also Halal, but they must be Zabihah (slaughtered according to Islamic Rites) in order to be suitable for consumption. The procedure is as follows: the animal must be slaughtered by a Muslim by putting the animal down on the ground (or holding it if it is small) and slitting it's throat with a very sharp knife to make sure that the main blood vessels are cut. While cutting the throat of the animal without severing it, the person has to recite "Bismillah Allah-u-Akbar".

The following items have been categorically spelled out as being Haram:

Pig/Swine/Pork and its by-products.
Blood and and blood by-products.
Carnivorous animals.
Reptiles and insects.
Halal animals which are not slaughtered according to the Islamic Law.
Animals killed in the name of anyone other than God.
The bodies of dead animals or dead before slaughtering.
Alcohol and intoxicants such as Wine, Ethyl Alcohol, and Spirits etc.

The above mentioned items are Haram and should be strictly avoided by all Muslims.

Foods containing ingredients in the following are example of Mushbooh:

Gelatin.
Enzymes.
Emulsifiers.
Lard.
Glycerol/glycerin etc.

Muslim should avoid such foods containing Mushbooh or questionable ingredients. Before consuming such items, we have to confirm the source of these ingredients.

Salamu alaykum

so, everything is haram. Cant you make a halal thing out of haram, and haram out of halal? In islam we dont make a ruling of what it was, but what it is now. Salt is pure right? Ok, well it is made out of two gases which is Na -sodium and Cl -chloride. Those two gase by themselves are haram to consume as it would kill u. However, if you put it through chemical change, it becomes NaCl -which is sodium chloride, in another word, salt. Cant u make juice out of fruits, which is halal? but then you can make out of juice khamr, which is haram when you change its chemical properties. If a person was kafir yesterday and became muslim today, do we make a ruling on him what he was yeserday or do we make a ruling on what he is now? We need to stop getting our info from people who are not scolars. If a pig falls in the lake and dies, decomposes, can we drink from that lake? Shaykh Uthaimeen r.a said "if someone was to choke u not swallow the meat of Ahlul kitab, swallow it!" This deen is easy so lets now make it difficult on people. I never new all gums were haram, how retarded :). Here below u will find a great fatwa from shaykh Al-Albani, a muhadith.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4278&highlight=gelatin

wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.