Question: I constantly "hear" Quran in the background, am I imagining it?

thevoice

Hi salam alikom,
I don't listen to Quran that much nowadays but when I was young I prayed more often and followed Islam more, however that has changed and I'm a worse Muslim than before, unfortunately.

However in the past few days I've noticed there's Quran being recited in the background when it's really quiet and when I ask my friends if they can hear it, they look at me like I'm crazy. On several occassions.

Am I imagining this or is it some sort of blessing cause it's Ramadan and Is it a sign of death approaching? or should I just get my hearing tested?

If you know anyone who has experienced this please share!

thanks in advance

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

I have had same before.

When you listen to something, it can remain playing in your mind. Its better if you don´t mention it to others, as they can´t hear what you listen in your mind. They become worry about you.

If this continues and you will hear also other things which aren´t real, you better meet a doctor as they might be hallucinations.

Note also: Hallucination is a central nervous system produced experience that is not based on a real external stimulus. You might get them if you are tired, sick (like fever) etc.