I don't have a clue of what I want to do with my life

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Salaam alikum

For the next year or so, I am trying to figure out what I want to do after I graduate with my bachelors degree which will be in history. When i first enter college, I wanted to be a high school teacher or maybe a college professor but now that I am getting to that point, I can not honestly say I want to spend the next 30 or even 5 years teaching. I just know that whatever I do it must be something I enjoy doing and benefit to islam and flexible.

Also I know that want to help women or teenage women, use my Arabic and maybe my spanish as well.

Could anyone possible think of career that will allow me to help women, or teenage girls, speak arabic or spanish besides teaching.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
sister I been thinking and thinking where I want to work and what I want to study and after all I came to a conclusion that I want to get married and stay home and raise my kids and want study Quran with Tajweed and teach it to my children ,but still want to be involved in helping comunity inshaAllah.
Its great u have a bachelor in History ,thats what I want to study also ,u can work some part time in school ,like islamic school may be ?
U can also may be do some translation and use your language skills ,
I cant think of anythingelse:)

waaleikum salam

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salaam

Yeah sister I agree, I really just want a flexible career so that when its time to come home and raise the children, I can.

islamiz4lyf

job suggestions

Salaam alikum

For the next year or so, I am trying to figure out what I want to do after I graduate with my bachelors degree which will be in history. When i first enter college, I wanted to be a high school teacher or maybe a college professor but now that I am getting to that point, I can not honestly say I want to spend the next 30 or even 5 years teaching. I just know that whatever I do it must be something I enjoy doing and benefit to islam and flexible.

Also I know that want to help women or teenage women, use my Arabic and maybe my spanish as well.

Could anyone possible think of career that will allow me to help women, or teenage girls, speak arabic or spanish besides teaching.

:hijabi: sister why not try charity work, or maybe try and work for the emergency service i myself work for childline chat group and i'm only 14 but you could try to find a job like something you enjoy, if you did history why not try being a soliciter who helps other people, may allah help you with your choice inshaallah salaam mu alaikum, i will make du'a for you.

Phoyage

If you dont want to teach why dont you make an islamic school where you can do that.
When I used to live in Canada my Dad n a couple of his friends collected charity to make an Islamic school (Al-Manar). I went to it and masha-allah it really benefited me. Right know they have a qualifed Canadian Islamic School up to Gr.2. They are still expanding.
So if you do that you wont be teaching but you will be cause of teaching.
And you will get hasanat your whole life and when you pass away for every child you taught.
But since I am still a kid I dont know how hard that will be.
But try your best!
The nia (intention) counts!!!!

Xbow

Salaam alikum

Salaams,
As head of an Islamic Primary school I can assure you that there will be openings for part-time work which wold allow you to spend time at home. You could work as a teaching Assistant for example. We have sisters doing this and we make things flexible so they have time for their families.

Most give their time freely and in return I train them to teach so if they want to develop their careers later then they have a headstart. Half of my full time staff began in this way with us and it is beneficial to them and us also.

Whatever you decide may Allah guide your path.

Wassalaam.