I feel strange asking this...

halime786

:salam2: brothers and sisters... I know this isn't really a scholarly forum (though I'm sure most of y'all are knowledgeable of all things Islam) but lately I've been feeling... I dunno... annoyed. I've been thinking about the concept of trusting Allah (SWT). I mean, I know you are suppose to trust Him as our sustenance, our livelihood, our health, EVERYTHING is from Him, and I know it's important to have certainty and trust in Him especially when we make a dua. At the same time, I keep on thinking about what the Prophet (SAAS) said about tying your camel, but having trust in Allah. You see there is someone who I feel very close to and although this person is a Muslim, I would like them to be at a higher level in their acts of worship, namely praying regularly, reading Qur'an, observing Sunnah. I've been putting my trust in Allah that He will guide this individual. I don't have any control over this person, so I don't want to force salat or Qur'an down their throat. I make constant dua to Allah (SWT) to guide this person and make them a better Muslim. However, I feel that I must do something too. I feel that if I do my part to be a better Muslim, if I do my best to please Allah (SWT), He will most certainly answer my dua. I love this person very much for the sake of Allah and I'd hate for anything bad to happen to them in this world and in the Hereafter. I'm just thinking I should do the whole tie your camel-trust in Allah thing as the Prophet said. Do y'all think that its right to try to improve yourself, both as a human being and as a Muslim, so that Allah (SWT) will guide someone towards the Straight Path? Do you think that sort of motive is acceptable to Allah? Is there anything in Islam that forbids or encourages that? I would so super appreciate any advice!

JazakAllahu khairan!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am reading a lot into your question/s. Brother Ayman is correct. You have to try.
When we trust Allah subhana talla it is not a concept. A concept is an idea. It is formulated. It has boundries. A concept is man driven. Trust in Allah subhana talla is a gift. Trust in Allah subhana talla takes work on our part. Trust implies there is nothing else.
The sister to Trust is Patience. They are twins. Allah subhana talla has Absolute Dominion over the heavens and the Earth. It is that simple. He is the Rabb. He is the Malik. Who else can you Trust. He is the Owner of Trust.
Each second you think of Allah..He gives us more Trust and Patience.

The second issue is personal to you. Please feel free to PM me and I will gladly discuss a healthy way to understand your dilema.

halime786

Assalaam walaikum,

I am reading a lot into your question/s. Brother Ayman is correct. You have to try.
When we trust Allah subhana talla it is not a concept. A concept is an idea. It is formulated. It has boundries. A concept is man driven. Trust in Allah subhana talla is a gift. Trust in Allah subhana talla takes work on our part. Trust implies there is nothing else.
The sister to Trust is Patience. They are twins. Allah subhana talla has Absolute Dominion over the heavens and the Earth. It is that simple. He is the Rabb. He is the Malik. Who else can you Trust. He is the Owner of Trust.
Each second you think of Allah..He gives us more Trust and Patience.

The second issue is personal to you. Please feel free to PM me and I will gladly discuss a healthy way to understand your dilema.

You won't know until you try. Your love may inspire them. Your practice may encourage then. Your words may convince them. The trust in God comes after you've done your homework.

JazakAllahu Khairan for answering! It's easy to say you have trust in Allah, it's another thing to practice. I'm not reneging on what I previously asked, this is more a continuation on trusting in Allah, but when I do make a firm resolution to trust in Allah, I always get these doubts which make me question why I should I deserve such-and-such when other people don't have it, or you'll just trust Allah now and then totally forget about it when you get what you want. I feel like these promptings are whisperings from the shaytan... They really make me doubt myself and doubt my motives for anything I leave to Allah's trust. Like for instance I'll think, "Insh'Allah, I get married to good man who will worship Allah and we'll both do good things for Allah together." I put my trust in Allah for that. Not a second later, I get besieged by these thoughts that make me feel selfish for wanting... do y'all get my point? I hope to clear this confusion in myself: we are suppose to trust Allah for EVERYTHING and expect the best from Him in all regards, we shouldn't have doubts about His Power and Mercy, right? We shouldn't feel like, well why should I deserve this when others don't have the same... I don't know if I'm getting my point across... well anyone who does understand, I hope you can enlighten me on this, Insh'Allah.

JazakAllahu Khairan in advance!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are doubting the good that comes in Belief. We are ingrained to doubt that which is good. We listen to the labels we attach to ourselves from our cultures and society. We are constantly reinforced to never be good enough to deserve the best. However, Allah subhana talla has told us ask for anything. We just have to use good judgement in what we ask for.

Trust in Allah is similar to reckless abandonment. You just go with it. You become engulfed with submission and life does become easier. Trust, this old and sometimes, wise one. Forgive me, today is not a day for me to feel wise. However, today I have reaped the benefits of Trust. It makes life stress free.