I found 2 dollars on the floor ??

Mosque51

:salam2:

I found two dollars on the floor today , so I picked it up and kept it. Was it right of me to do that ? I mean I couldve gave it to the main office and they would announce it that two dollars was found but then anyone and anybody can pick it up, I couldve just left it on the floor but then what good would that do ? Now of course if it was $50 or a cell phone for example i would def without a doubt send it to the office. So was it right of me to take the $2 and keep it? .I did say al hamdulilah after I picked it up.

Dhulkarnein

:salam2:

I found two dollars on the floor today , so I picked it up and kept it. Was it right of me to do that ? I mean I couldve gave it to the main office and they would announce it that two dollars was found but then anyone and anybody can pick it up, I couldve just left it on the floor but then what good would that do ? Now of course if it was $50 or a cell phone for example i would def without a doubt send it to the office. So was it right of me to take the $2 and keep it? .I did say al hamdulilah after I picked it up.

If some one finds a date he can take it and eat .

As for the wealth depens how much is the wealth , 2 $ i dont think that it is need to send too particullar place and to announce .

Only if thos 2 $ in that contrie are a wealth wich will make poor that person to whom belong thos 2 $

Soo if it is something wich it will not make no effect in his life than you must give that wealth 2$ as sadaka (charity) to some poor person in the name of that person to whom belong thos 2 $ .

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Respected brothers, though there exists truth in your replies, you should stay clear of giving your own rulings (or posting such that it seems that way). Where you do quote scholars' fataawaa, explicitly mention this, so that one's speech can easily be distinguished. Please remember to support and reference statements, narrations and quotes back to the Qur'aan, Sunnah and speech/opinions of the sahaabah and scholars.

Baarak Allaahu feekum.

Was-salaam

Mosque51

Assalamu Alaykum

Thank you Akhi, First of all we shouldn't make our own rulings which could possibly be wrong and lead to falsehood, Everything we say should lead back to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah of Rasool Allah :saw2: or else it would not be authentic. Everything we relate to each other should be authentic and back by reference so that it would avoid the People from following falsehood which Allaah taala will ask us at the Yaum al-Qiyaamah The day of Ressurection. Whatever I have said has been refrenced. Bellow stands the Authenticity, reported in Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/9

The Fataawaa relates that if a person held certain responsibility for the Thing, he should make announcements around the cities, and the gathering where a large amount of people gather. So that he may find the owner. If the owner has not been found for 1 year, then the thing or money is his, he could either keep it or spend it in the Zakaah on his behalf, and that is Al-Mustahab. If he found his owner, then owner has a deep right to take it back. But if the money is already spent then there is no harm on the person who took it, nor he has any sins if the time exceeds one year.

Wassalamu alaykum

:wasalam:

So even If I found 1 cent I have to annouce who it belongs to ? Thats going a little over board dont u think so ? Now I would do that If i found $500 but for $2 ?

zelim123

Assalam Aleykum,

I and my friend found € 40 in the previous Ramadan month and we kept it (astaghfirlah) I didn't know this :confused: but now I know, thanx for mentioning this akhi .

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
When I was in the 4th Grade of Public School, I found a coin purse. I took it to the teacher. She opened it and there was paper money in it. The next day an elderly woman came to a class and claimed the purse. She thanked me and said it had her rent and food money in it. She gave me a quarter as a reward which was equal to about $5.00 USD today. Later that year, I received an award as "Boy of The Year." I was given a dinner and met the Major and other people. It was nice, but I couldn't understand why I was being honored for doing what was right.

I still have the certificate given me. It is in a pile with my other "look at how great I am papers." I suppose the same advice as to not taking responsibility for that which is not mine could have also saved me many problems. Here in The United States we often encounter domestic violence and the four times that I tried to help. I found myself paying fines and court cost. I made a vow to myself after the last time not to do anything in the future but call the police.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

A few years a go I found a £10 note on the floor. And Wallaahhh I left it thinking it's not mine and it's proberbly haraam to take it, because I didn't know the ruling :S

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

Thank you Akhi, First of all we shouldn't make our own rulings which could possibly be wrong and lead to falsehood, Everything we say should lead back to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah of Rasool Allah :saw2: or else it would not be authentic. Everything we relate to each other should be authentic and back by reference so that it would avoid the People from following falsehood which Allaah taala will ask us at the Yaum al-Qiyaamah The day of Ressurection. Whatever I have said has been refrenced. Bellow stands the Authenticity, reported in Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/9

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

I had read the fatwa previously and others who hadn't, wouldn't have known that the statement was from the lajnah and not you, so I believe it better for your sake and others, that this be clear. My reminder/advise was a general one directed to all participants, jazaak Allaahu khayr.